Spamming

Posts 1 - 12 of 12
  1. 1250729
    Paganini : Sat 11th Apr 2015 : 7 years ago

What do you guys think about that phenomenon ?

Do you think it's fine or the great Looperman should think about making a 30 minute interval between each loop upload ? (Like for the track section, 24h per track)

2. 186161
    Spivkurl : Sat 11th Apr 2015 : 7 years ago

Do you have examples of this "loop spamming?" The whole point of the site is to have a large amount of loops that fit the guidelines, so it would seem sensible to allow as many loop uploads as possible. I would think you are noticing this issue when going to the "loops" main page, as this would be new uploads seen first. If someone has uploaded a bunch of loops, you will see those first, even if they take up the whole page. This could be totally avoided if you would so specific searches... genre, member, date, etc... Again, if you have an example of this, I would like to see what is going on.

3. 186161

Okay, judging by the timing, I'm assuming you are referring to MrFunktastic's uploads today. He is a huge loop contributor to the site. Many of us who upload a lot of loops, and have been for years, will do a lot of uploading all at once. Just kind of how it is. People always get mad about it, but I think that is partly a lack of understanding how to find the loops they are looking for.

Just think, if I want to upload my new 50 loops... that would take me 25 hours by your recommended limit. That is if I sat there and uploaded each loop at the 30 minute point. That is my idea of looperhell. I think I would no longer upload any if that was the case. Just my opinion.

4. 1247377
    XyIlent : Sat 11th Apr 2015 : 7 years ago

yeah i get what your saying but i mean you could always just filter the ones you dont want to see.
    in my opinion i dont think its much of a problem.

Plus if you are talking about MrFunkTastics uploads, i dunno ive not seen the loops in question but i imagine there top quality if they are coming from him.

No Harm, No Foul right? haha

5. 186161

It's not exactly spamming, more along the lines of contributing to the wealth that is looperman.

6. 630386
    JoeFunktastic : Sat 11th Apr 2015 : 7 years ago

Great! Because spamming is typically an ad, or a mechanism designed to get you to go other sites like SoundCloud or buy something from the spammer. I've uploaded complete sets for years with no issues. The rest, what Spiv and Xyllent said, thanks guys.

7. 186161

By no means meant to single you out Joe, just checked the loops page and saw that you had uploaded several at once. I assumed it was a catalyst. Hope all is well!

8. 1250729
    Paganini : Sat 11th Apr 2015 : 7 years ago

No, i'm not talking about MrFunktastic specifically, I am just pointing that fact.

I am new to the site, I just wanted to see what are the opinions on that.

So to be clear... This is a neutral subject, designing no one.

9. 102742
    Twanna1 : Sat 11th Apr 2015 : 7 years ago

Hello, I started out just using the loops from the site in 2006 and became a member of this wonderful site 2007. I never viewed the "grouping" of loops as spam, being having them grouped together, you got a sense of the style of the looper. Allowing a 30 minute interval between uploads, in my opinion, would cause a user to have to "hunt-and-peck" to find the flavor they are looking for. The way Looperman is currently structured is like going to a grocery store to find the ingredients you need to prepare your meal. If I had to go all over the store to find items which should be grouped together, I would find another store.

Again, just my opinion.

Also to add, Spivkurl and MrFunktastic are seasoned Loopers and I appreciate their contributions to this site.

Twanna

10. 630386
    JoeFunktastic : Sat 11th Apr 2015 : 7 years ago

Ms. Twanna! Hey there! I haven't spoken with you in a very long while. Trust me, I do not forget a beautiful face, you look similar to Donna Summers in your avatar when she was doing her "Hot Stuff" song, :=) Thanks!

Spiv, I fell sick for a while, thanks for noticing. I also fell behind on things here on this site. I was in the hospital for a spell, all is good!

Ms. Julie, sorry about the misunderstanding, and where's my manners, welcome to Looperman.com! It's an extreme pleasure to have you here on Looperman.com most certainly. Yes, uploads of loops is always encouraged because it brings more members on this mostly ad supported site. It pays some of the bills which keeps this site free for all of us.

I supposed if I had to wait for 30 minutes between loop uploads it would be deal killer for me too. Many of my loop downloaders have come to expect some matching pairs and some supporting loops from me. To make them wait would damage my following as well. The Looperman Help section or contacting Mr. Looperman himself is the best way at finding out what is allowed and what is not allowed. Cheers and Welcome to Loopeman.com Ms. Juliet Starling, have fun!

11. 102742
    Twanna1 : Sat 11th Apr 2015 : 7 years ago

Juliet, I too would also like to welcome you to this wonderful community. This is a great place to connect with like minded and talented individuals who want nothing more than to share their gifts with those who understand.

Thank you Joe A.K.A. Mr.Funktastic, for your kind words and I am so sorry to hear of your health struggles and pray that all is better for you. Your comments to Ms. Juliet were wise and I concur with your suggestions to her.

Also, I am excited about your new uploads and am so glad you are back.

God bless and have a wonderful and creative weekend!!

12. 1250729
    Paganini : Sun 12th Apr 2015 : 7 years ago

Thanks for the welcome everyone

Posts 1 - 12 of 12

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.