Loop And Acapella Rating System

Posts 1 - 18 of 18
  1. 1414881
    BradoSanz : Fri 10th Apr 2015 : 7 years ago

Is it possible to implement a loop/acapella rating system from, say, 1 to 10? That way users can make their opinions if not necessarily commenting. I think it'd encourage people to upload good loops so that way they can get better ratings for their stuff. Just an idea.

ER

2. 1443739
    SHWAK : Fri 10th Apr 2015 : 7 years ago

idk i think youtube used to have a star system and they scrapped it

to me it's just a little too much

the heart kinda does the trick so maybe adding a broken heart button - - - but the number of broken hearts on a song/loop can only be seen by the uploader

3. 589130
    Unknown User : Fri 10th Apr 2015 : 7 years ago

Sounds interesting ER, I say take it up with Shan and see if he'll bite. Good suggestion though.

4. 1414881

I know we have the heart button for tracks, but not for acapellas or loops. I think it'd be helpful to have them there too, is what I'm saying, or at least some kind of rating system. I'd prefer the 1 to 10 system but thats just me. :P

5. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Fri 10th Apr 2015 : 7 years ago

Could be a good idea,the trouble being opinions differ radically and there's always a chance some idiot will go on a negative (or positive)categorizing spree....mind you I find rating systems very useful when I'm looking for gear and bargains online,so why should loops or acapellas be any different,I'm for it.

6. 1414881

I'd say there could be like only a certain amount of loops/pellas one can vote on within a certain time period, just like the restrictions on here for posting too soon after another post, sending messages, etc.

7. 186161
    Spivkurl : Fri 10th Apr 2015 : 7 years ago

I could see how it would be fun, but maybe not very useful (for me any way). I guess I don't really care if some one likes or dislikes my loop, but only if they are within the guidelines and if they get used (especially with a comment or credit). In fact people seem to love to hate my loops at times, so it might just piss me off in the end. So pretty much what I'm saying is that I'm indifferent to this idea.

8. 1443739
    SHWAK : Fri 10th Apr 2015 : 7 years ago

oh I didn't notice that only tracks had hearts

I agree with you man

9. 782612
    40A : Fri 10th Apr 2015 : 7 years ago

I just don't want musicians and singers to feel hesitant to create things that they'd normally create for the fear of it not being popularized by the rating system. I feel that the system would revolve around genre biased, and not actual artistry.

I can already see both the acapella and loop section being fully gold-starred -- or 10/10 rated with nothing but trapstep. Just from the fact that those two are (by-in-large) the most overly represented here.

If there's to be any metric of self-validation it should be off of a value that can speak no lies, and that's ofc: download counts. Maybe with some crafty mathematics, looperguy could create a system where a "rating" is assigned based off of downloads while using some form of sliding scale?

But if that were the case (i think) all loops and pellas would eventually be maxed rated as they slowly inch in dls. So idk, it's tough. You'd have to either set that sliding scale unbelievably high, or base it off of time/dl

+1 indifferent point

10. 186161
    Spivkurl : Fri 10th Apr 2015 : 7 years ago

I agree completely with 4OA and his interpretation of this issue. Not only would it probably become genre dependent, it would also be one less reason to leave an actual comment.

11. 1281572
    promenade2239 : Fri 10th Apr 2015 : 7 years ago

@40A

man

So finally you're an true artist or just a blatant spammer?

I'm so confused (I am not confused)

12. 782612

@spiv

indifference twinsies

@promenade

I don't understand the question. Are you saying that I've made it seem like you'd have to be a spammer vs a musician to take advantage over a public rating system?

I guess that's...the gist, but it's less to do with being a spammer and more to do with trying to appeal to an imaginary "feel good" generator. I can't say for certain it would completely trivialize artistic creativity, but I'd wager it would break at least something.

....something important.

13. 828980
    Burtsbluesboxes : Fri 10th Apr 2015 : 7 years ago

40a, Spiv - triplets :D I like how looperman is a level playing field for all regardless of skill level, experience ect. I think a rating system would make people a bit more hesitant to upload.

14. 1281572
    promenade2239 : Fri 10th Apr 2015 : 7 years ago

@40A

just elaborating on your very arrogant previous https://www.looperman.com/forum/thread/183058/blatant-melody-theft

Do your own thing. I really liked your loops.

arrogance is an ego thing, no doubt.

I really believe that better loop ratings will possibly not only encourage people to upload good loops but also make them get better ratings to their stuff lol. And better feelings.

15. 782612

Well i appreciate you bringing up a thread that was totally dead, buried and forgotten. Me having an ego isn't really a surprise to anyone on this site, bro.

16. 828980
    Burtsbluesboxes : Fri 10th Apr 2015 : 7 years ago

a musician with an ego? Who ever heard of such a thing!?!!

17. 1414881
    BradoSanz : Sat 11th Apr 2015 : 7 years ago

I actually like 40A's idea. Maybe make it like the rate of downloads to determine popularity? Hmmm, there are issues with this idea that I didn't notice at first haha.

18. 1095400
    AnalogDisc : Sun 12th Apr 2015 : 7 years ago

I think it would kill the comment section (which is dying lately) and the next would be that the site show who put how many stars on tracks, loops, and not a single comment, idea or suggestion would be posted. On the other side I`m fully agreed with 40A`s opinion it`s a pretty fair suggestion, but the download numbers are there and that`s why it`s an unnecessary rule, but this is only just my opinion...

Posts 1 - 18 of 18

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.