One Vst Track Challenge

Posts 1 - 25 of 37
  1. 342904
    breo : Fri 27th Feb 2015 : 5 years ago

Hi Everyone

anyone up for giving this a go.

Try to make a Full Track using just one vst witch has fx such as sylenth that's my goto vst. if any of you use a vst's witch don't have fx built in try using just a few. reverb, delay, eco you get what i mean.

The Rule would be. you can only use one synth.

Example

Track 1. Sylenth = Bass
    Track 2. Sylenth = Kick
    Track 3. Sylenth = Pads
    Track 4. Sylenth = Synth Line

And so on

If anyone would Like to give this a go It would be really cool to se what people come up with.

I have had to restart this post here coz the boss said I need to stick to one subject.

Regards

Breo

2. 817298
    Enzotic : Fri 27th Feb 2015 : 5 years ago

I'll give it a try!

3. 186161
    Spivkurl : Fri 27th Feb 2015 : 5 years ago

Thinkin on what to use!

4. 342904
    breo : Sat 28th Feb 2015 : 5 years ago

cheer's guys for keeping this going should be fun.

5. 63133
    RogueAi : Sat 28th Feb 2015 : 5 years ago

But I already use no VSTs. I use hardware synths. I could make a track with nothing but my JV-2080 but that would be too easy. lol

6. 1243210
    Gore33 : Sat 28th Feb 2015 : 5 years ago

Great idea. It would be a challenge on SimSynth, since there is a snare preset and the kick on this synth wouldn't be too easy to make :DDD I'll see what I can do

7. 1281572
    promenade2239 : Sat 28th Feb 2015 : 5 years ago

Nice idea. Here's my song:

https://www.looperman.com/tracks/detail/164610

Plugin used: MrRay22.

All effects created inside the synth.
    I used 14 tracks of MrRay for this song.

8. 1095400
    AnalogDisc : Sat 28th Feb 2015 : 5 years ago

I will give this a shot! :)

9. 186161
    Spivkurl : Sun 1st Mar 2015 : 5 years ago

I'm going to have to bow out of this one. It seems to be distracting me from my true purpose.

10. 63133
    RogueAi : Sun 1st Mar 2015 : 5 years ago

I say we try something harder. Make a song with only a single sample. You can do anything you want to it, but it has to have originated from that sample. No, loops, only one-shots.

11. 1375578
    siltob1 : Sun 1st Mar 2015 : 5 years ago

can i use reaktor 5 plz

12. 1375578

and can i use eq's and distortion and those kind of plugins

13. 1095400
    AnalogDisc : Sun 1st Mar 2015 : 5 years ago

Just one little question, is illegal to use only 1 and only once a vocal sample?

RogueAi: it will be well more than extremely hard melody and kick from the same sample or whatever? In that type i can only imagine some chillout thing with a synth oneshot plus i think it will be too boring because you using the same sample...

14. 186161
    Spivkurl : Sun 1st Mar 2015 : 5 years ago

Analog Disc, you seem to underestimate the power of audio processing. A single sample is hugely versatile, especially with all the power of software which is within most people's grasp these days.

15. 1231236
    joecramer : Sun 1st Mar 2015 : 5 years ago

I am not sure BUT i am also dont mind :)

A single vst comp OR a single loop comp

In between - i did start a single vst track (revolta2) - i loved what i have done and added some vocals to it - i think its out of the rules for a single vst comp - but it is cool and a song just by myself .... thanks for that inspiration therefor.

Back - a single loop is only acceptable for a comp, if all use the same one.

Or one use a 5 minutes long one and the other a 1 second short .....

whats about ALL use the SAME vst?
    just name a real easy and free one and lets see who can work with it in the best way .....

16. 1375578

not all of us have all the paid vst and different vst's are used in different ways.

eg. if the vst was massive, people who want to do this but don't have massive are not going to spend £150 for a game.

17. 1286326
    joibuzzr : Sun 1st Mar 2015 : 5 years ago

sytrus it is

18. 342904
    breo : Sun 1st Mar 2015 : 5 years ago

Hi Guys

I would Like to Thank Everyone for Keeping This Post Going.
    Also a Big Thank You to Everyone who as Got Around to Doing A One VST Track.

I thought It was About time i sat down and had a go myself. lol

Here is my Track written With Cubase 5 And nothing else apart from Sylenth for the sound sorce. I have programmed all sounds Including The Drums. No External FX or Anything have been used. just a little EQ from with in the Cubase Mixer.

Hope you all enjoy.

There Can B Only One - Vst That Is :)

https://www.looperman.com/tracks/detail/164659

19. 1286326
    joibuzzr : Sun 1st Mar 2015 : 5 years ago

Great track man. ALL SYLENTH?

20. 1231236

I just looked a bit around and found this FREE VST

Tethys 2 - Win32 3.51Mb

- The effects from right to left are Phaser, Chorus and Echo these are fairly standard but follow the Tethys ethos of keep it simple and therefore have the minimum number of controls needed .....

It sounds realy not to bad (there is a video) has most effects inside and looks not to hard to controll.

So it would be intresting if all download it (i haven´t done it jet) - make a song only useing this vst - and make a mixup without any eq´s or fx or else from the normal program they use ...... maybe a last mastering on that mixedup wave.

21. 1231236

ups ....

http://www.vst4free.com/free_vst.php?plugin=Tethys_2&id=2043

there it is

22. 1231236
    joecramer : Mon 2nd Mar 2015 : 5 years ago

https://www.looperman.com/tracks/detail/164700

ok - this time i didn´t forgot the link :)

Maybe not conform to the rules but mostly!!!!

I used the Revolta2 VST and no FX or anything else outside the vst. I did a few tracks and mixed them down. Then i made the vocals. After that i did an EQ on the music and the vocals. Thats it. No real mixing (only the vocals a little) or mastering.

This song is in original 30 years old. We played it with Bass, Guitar, Keyboard and Drums. 10 years BEFOR Rammstein :) so dont tell me it sounds like them :)

23. 1033425
    goski : Tue 3rd Mar 2015 : 5 years ago

I'll enter my cheesy space song that I made with Gladiator and Ableton. The drums are rendered down in Ableton with filter, sustain, bass boost etc etc. Gladiator doesn't have much to offer in the drum section but it came out pretty space like with the synth and lead sounds available.

https://www.looperman.com/tracks/detail/164710

24. 1324246
    vashar : Tue 3rd Mar 2015 : 5 years ago

Hey guys, I actually just did this through february, I just finished 3 days ago and then I saw this last night and had to post. My song was made with the free vst Eclipsis http://www.vstzone.sk/#eclipsis

14 instances, all presets made by me from scratch except the 2nd kick.

Used some effects for eq and mastering, all free or in daw:
    Fruity parametric EQ2
    Variety of Sound - Density mk III
    Variety of Sound - Boot EQ
    Variety of Sound - Thrillseeker LA
    TAL - TAL Filter
    Vlad G - Limiter No6
    Klanghelm - IVGI

https://soundcloud.com/action-cat-1/action-cat-psychic-discoveries-behind-the-iron-curtain

25. 1324246
    vashar : Tue 3rd Mar 2015 : 5 years ago

I don't know if anyone here is on the KVR forums, but every month they do the One Synth Challenge:

a vst is picked for everyone to use (usually free, sometimes a free beta of a new upcoming paid synth or something. Either way, they make it so anyone can join in without having to buy a new synth) and you have til the 1st of the next month to finish and post your track using only that vst to do everything, drums and all.

You can use presets, but no commercial preset packages are allowed.

Effects allowed are either free or in DAW, no modulation effects (chorus, flanger, etc), and nothing that drastically alters the sound.

There's prizes every month for the top 5 and it's really fun.

Posts 1 - 25 of 37

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads