Techno Music Or Computer Crash

Posts 1 - 24 of 24
  1. 342904
    breo : Fri 13th Feb 2015 : 7 years ago

Hi people

This is just a bit of a rant. I have been listening to some techno music on soundcloud YouTube and other sites.

And to be honest not much of what I have heard as done anything for me. It seems to all be based around one loop and very very repetitive. I know that electronic dance music is repetitive but sure there should be some break down build up and so on..

A lot of it seems to be random sounds with a 4/4 kick and that's about it. I'm certain that when my computer crashes it sounds just as good as a lot of the techno I have heard.

Don't get me wrong I like all types of music but this is just noise. Random noise at that. Lol.

2. 1095400
    AnalogDisc : Fri 13th Feb 2015 : 7 years ago

well in the old days techno was just loops I mean techno as music came together at the DJ when it`s been played at a club or party. they used just a few minutes (1 or 2) from vinyl or mash them up for a few mins, it was hard work of playing, but there are some labels out there who sells music like that i mean 6 min long loop.

what was you thinking? techno is the most repetitive genre :)
    sry for bad english

3. 342904

I was brought up with tecno music witch had a start a middle and end like most other styles of music not just noise lol

4. 186161
    Spivkurl : Fri 13th Feb 2015 : 7 years ago

Ahhh breo, is this a sign you will be getting more involved at looperman for a while? That would be cool. I guess I disagree with AnalogDisc in his assessment of early techno. I find real techno to be more inspired by experimentation with early drum machines, analog synthesizers, and organs (often modified)- oh and don't forget magnetic tape. Just for this post, I'm going to go have a listen to your latest breo.

5. 342904

Hi spiv

I understand the limertations only to well as I started off with an 808 and a comadore Amiga years ago. But even then using octa med or other sound tracker. There where some really good tunes out there. I think a lot of it seems to be that some programmers are a bit lazy. Also surprises me that the techno lables sign these bands.

6. 186161

OMG, to hear someone bring up MED is just awesome! I haven't talked with anyone Octamed related in years. Was really loving the early windows versions when they came out! Was a beta tester at the point where they went under. I agree it is strange that some people find success doing very little creative. It's so easy now that people have gotten lazy. Well either way, good to see you around!

7. 342904

Med was totally amazing still have it on my Amiga but think the hard drive is shot lol

8. 186161

I haven't made music with med for atleast ten years. I love the capabilities of sampling on modern software though!

9. 666289
    FreeRadical : Fri 13th Feb 2015 : 7 years ago

I actually like repetative stuff when i go out clubbing. Sometimes all it takes is one good loop to get you into the groove but i agree about the random noises. I don't dig that crap.

10. 268784
    3n0 : Fri 13th Feb 2015 : 7 years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAv5Gw3zVjs

repetative and lots of random noise and its still good song

11. 342904
    breo : Sat 14th Feb 2015 : 7 years ago

Sorry 3n0

I didn't manage to listen to the full track. It sounds a bit to much like steam train spotting to me with a glitch every 16 bars or so. This is the kind of techno I'm on about not much happening at all and need to be off it to appreciate it. I would think. I know if I was off my face in a club and heard that it would make me wanna throw up and take a sharp exit. Lol am I getting to old.

12. 698780
    doudei : Sun 15th Feb 2015 : 7 years ago

allow yourself to be absorbed by it. a high quality stereo system or even better headphones are a requirement to get the full effect.
    it's probably noise to some, but it's also beautiful and meticulously crafted synth works for some of the acid heads as well as those who are fine with just being reminded ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAvEKLg6E6o

13. 268784
    3n0 : Sun 15th Feb 2015 : 7 years ago

@breo

You should do a track reviews coz that is funny.
    Also this thread like that episode from south park when everything sounds like sh*t to stan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_H8XqA7WyLI

14. 342904
    breo : Sun 15th Feb 2015 : 7 years ago

3n0

That was class very very funny. I like to review some tracks. But can't be to harsh coz I dont want to upset anyone. I also realise we all have different tastes in music.

15. 186161
    Spivkurl : Sun 15th Feb 2015 : 7 years ago

Poor Bob Dylan.

16. 1231236
    joecramer : Sun 15th Feb 2015 : 7 years ago

I would say that techno is music that comes with the computer over the world. In the early days techno soundet like mario bros and else :)
    Now there are more forms from techno outside then tracks. Every body who made something that is fast or agressive or has something monotone but freaky in a 4 4 style get a own lable or sub genre ....

Looks like there will be no borders, in a few years, between any styles at all. Maybe a few clasic freaks and some jazzy oldies will say - NEVER - but listen to the radio right now and try to find something "clean" :)

And right now some people find noise cool.
    oh and 30 years ago we found noise also realy cool in ebm music or industrial dark wave .... nothing real new, just a bit faster and better masterd

And in the time i wrote this words, someone else made a real cool track without any nerfe noise and else, and i didnd heard it, cause i answerd on a posting from someone who waist his time with listen to music he didnd like :) ....

Thas so great - i realy love it.

so better listen to good music then talk about bad :)

joe

17. 1205128
    LivingInSilence : Mon 16th Feb 2015 : 7 years ago

Thing is the particular tracks you are complaining about are progressive. And a lot of progressive music like that gets played in clubs (or at least where I live they are) so they are popular among DJ's. The advantages of having a long, repetitive (looping) song is:

1. it's VERY easily mixable. These songs are MADE to be linear and predictable so that while you DJ live you know when everything is going to happen. The beat is very pronounced allowing you to weave in and out of tracks at will.

2. Clubs (here) are open for 7 hours a night, with a DJ shift being anywhere from 2-4 hours. Even in a commercial track, there's only a limited amount relevant for clubbing (coz you can't really use intros/outros, most verses etc) And I don't know about you but I'd MUCH rather work with tracks containing 8-15 mins of usable content (like a lot of non-commercial techno) than tracks with about 1, especially if you're a rookie.

3. Listeners at clubs don't really care. They're too busy dancing and getting beej's in the bathroom to give two shits about why you've been using parts from just a few particular songs for the past whatever.

4. It's progressive (or at least the particular songs you're complaining about are). It slowly evolves over time and experiments with itself, if you can't hear that than your not listening to it deeply enough. It's the little changes and alterations that make the music enjoyable.

Now, you might be thinking "But 3 out of 4 points have got to do with playing this music in a club", and that is EXACTLY my point. A lot of the songs you're complaining about are MADE to be played in clubs, they're not MEANT to be casual-listener friendly. So just like any other genre; if you're gonna go and listen to it out of context than you're never gonna understand why people like it. It's literally like saying that you dislike Nu Metal because it kinda kills the mood when you play it at weddings.

Spent like 15mins writing this and after going back and reading this I feel like i'm just pointlessly ranting and talking shit, and I'm not even sorry.

18. 764416
    Unknown User : Mon 16th Feb 2015 : 7 years ago

Amiga 600
    M.E.D player then
    octomed was so fun.
    In to the Wonderful !
    Gods best Amiga song ever

19. 764416
    Unknown User : Mon 16th Feb 2015 : 7 years ago

Vic 20
    Commodore 16
    Commodore 128
    Commodore 64
    Amiga 500 ,600 ,1000, 2000
    My youth...

20. 479957
    DanGoldstein : Sun 22nd Feb 2015 : 7 years ago

This is a new rant. Basically, have not had good success listening and commenting on Looperman from my android tablet. lots of freezing and the audio last night would not play at all. has anybody had this issue with Looperman on mobile?

21. 342904
    breo : Sun 22nd Feb 2015 : 7 years ago

Hi midi

I very often use an iPad to brows looperman and it pretty slow some times. I know my internet connection is ok as I use it all the time for loads of sites and. Streaming music and films. But yes looperman runs slow from time to time. I put it down to been busy I dunno lol

22. 479957
    DanGoldstein : Sun 22nd Feb 2015 : 7 years ago

well Breo -- that gives me some hope that it is not just my tablet. at least you are getting it to work. i need to try it over a few days and see if there is any change. probably there needs to be a mobile app for this site (if there is not already) to optimize on mobile platforms.

23. 186161
    Spivkurl : Sun 22nd Feb 2015 : 7 years ago

I have noticed lately that there has been a slowdown when trying to access looperman, at least pretty often. I don't use mobile devices though, that's just with my desktop. Haven't had a problem with freezing or audio playback though. Shan said he's been updating some code recently, so possibly it has effected use on mobile devices?

24. 1
    Looperman : Sun 22nd Feb 2015 : 7 years ago

please use the other thread for this conversation as it has nothing to do with the original topic

https://www.looperman.com/forum/thread/182994/updated-server-software-any-problems

Posts 1 - 24 of 24

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.