Money For Artists

Posts 1 - 18 of 18
  1. 1357918
    djtrinity123 : Wed 7th Jan 2015 : 7 years ago

I have a idea!! Looperman pays the artist a certain amount of cash per X number of downloads on a track. Its kind of like youtube and it would help the artists ik myself I'm very very tight on cash and getting money from loops I make would be awesome!! but it would be even better if it was from AD money!

I know this site is royalty free and this idea might be shot down but I just thought it would be very good.

2. 1095400
    AnalogDisc : Wed 7th Jan 2015 : 7 years ago

I think it`s good enough that we don`t have to pay to be a member...

3. 186161
    Spivkurl : Wed 7th Jan 2015 : 7 years ago

You say tracks first, and then you talk about loops... very confusing. I love that this site is free to be a member and free to download what you want. Very revolutionary and special!

4. 1357918

the idea is free for everyone you see ads on the side of the website. looperman makes money off it!

for example a artist gets 2$ per 1000 downloads! it helps the artist it helps looperman downloads stay free and I meant loops and even tracks

5. 666289
    FreeRadical : Wed 7th Jan 2015 : 7 years ago

It aint never gonna happen. Plain and simple.

6. 951439
    Evisma : Wed 7th Jan 2015 : 7 years ago

I loved Zelda. "A Link To The Past" was just tops! I've got it on my Wii if anyone wants to swing by.

7. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Wed 7th Jan 2015 : 7 years ago

A new Donald Trump in the making,having an idea is good especially when it translates into money...your 15 go and get a job at McDonalds.

8. 764416
    Unknown User : Wed 7th Jan 2015 : 7 years ago

i cant even get peeps to listen to mine...let alone get money my bro lol

9. 666289
    FreeRadical : Wed 7th Jan 2015 : 7 years ago

@ S man, I hear you bro. I get the odd download but hardly any comments these days.

10. 1095400
    AnalogDisc : Wed 7th Jan 2015 : 7 years ago

lol we`ve got paid for comments :D :D

or "I work for commnts!"

lol I`m out :D

11. 1357918

Yeah everyone I get I'm only 15 but guess what I have taken over 6 college level business classes.... I noted on my post that I know this idea would be shot down I get it. It was just an Idea. You can like it or not drop your feedback etc.

12. 186161
    Spivkurl : Wed 7th Jan 2015 : 7 years ago

If I wanted money for my loops, I'd be selling loop packs. You do realize that $2 for 1000 loops equals 1/5 of a penny per loop. Also, how would it help looperman downloads stay free when Looperman would be paying for the loops? Do you mean that it would encourage more people to upload loops? I don't think I would want to see what would become of the quality of this site and it's content if that were to happen. Just look at what happened to Soundcloud when they started offering royalties! The ads here support the site staying free by feeding income to the owner of the site.

13. 1048767
    buffalonugaluss : Wed 7th Jan 2015 : 7 years ago

lol gimme your $ im broke and i didt read andything

14. 657509
    DrvanLansberg : Thu 8th Jan 2015 : 7 years ago

"Yeah everyone I get I'm only 15 but guess what I have taken over 6 college level business classes.... "

Here's an idea: Create your own website, apply your knowledge of business and your concept and start making lots of money. If you pay, let me know, I'll be the first one to drop any loop.

15. 337508
    subSpace : Thu 8th Jan 2015 : 7 years ago

start your own webpage up pay for the pro features where you can add shopping carts and what ever im joined up with a site called wix. i have my own page and will be going for paid subscription. if you are what you say you are then this should be a doddle for you, the only way to make an idea your reality is to put it to work star making your own tracks and loops and sell them online here is my artist page feel free to have a look

http://rollageee.wix.com/rollagee-official

16. 1074070
    Unknown User : Thu 8th Jan 2015 : 7 years ago

oh dear.....

As age isn't a factor measured for success then i wont be abusing you because you are only 15, infact im praising you for having your head screwed on nice and tight..so welldone.

However, there is no way in hell that looperman as a website would chop of the hands that feeds it...meaning take some time and keep refreshing the page and count how many times you see loop/sample websites like;

Loopmasters,Beatport,Producerloops ...etc...

Then you will understand why this is a free site that works....and also why it has over 900,000 members..

Im sure Looperman would love to charge a membership fee and maybe that may happen, but doing so also poses a high branding risk to looperman because themembers will go elsewhere and so will the advertising.

Now before you rush of to start your own website....there are legalities involved in running a serious loop/sample website...and any website online that involves payment IPN's...and laws that may also vary from country to country.

Also do your research....

How many website open and close daily?
    How many sample/loop websites are there?
    What yours market demographic?
    Whats you profit margin required to stay online?
    How many artist websites are there?
    How many record labels are there?
    How much do i need to spend on serious marketing campaigns?

I could go on...however your have 6 levels of business studies under your belt...so im sure you have all these answers right?

Goodluck for the future,

Let me know when your business is up and running and i may even be a supplier for you.

Regards,

DJ-SLT-UK

17. 291301
    Twistedloop : Sat 11th Apr 2020 : 2 years ago

agree with djtrinity123

18. 494061
    WatchWoods : Thu 25th Jun 2020 : 2 years ago

Suprised at how confrontational a lot of responses were

Posts 1 - 18 of 18

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.