Developing An Android Drum Machine-need Feedbacks From Testers

Posts 1 - 12 of 12
  1. 288661
    ziki : Sun 4th Jan 2015 : 3 years ago Hey guys,

I have been developing a simple drum machine for the Android OS. I have re-written the app about 3 times now to get the best performance and I think I am on the right track. However, I want to get some feedbacks as I am developing and updating the app. I have released a version to the Play Store for that purpose. I thought I would drop link here and get some suggestions from you guys as I am certain a good number of you enjoy making music. I am a musician myself but I am not very experienced. So any ideas or feedbacks would be greatly appreciated to improve this app. I have tested it on a couple of devices and it seems to be working fine. So I am curious to see how it behaves on a wider range of devices. Thanks

Link:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zikilab&hl=en
  2. 1158362
    Byleth : Sun 4th Jan 2015 : 3 years ago WOW, I will test this app for you. hope this will help you
  3. 288661
    ziki : Sun 4th Jan 2015 : 3 years ago @ant4505

Thanks buddy. I appreciate it. Please report any problems you find and any suggestions for improvement are very welcome.
  4. 1158362
    Byleth : Sun 4th Jan 2015 : 3 years ago @ziki (found that funny)

Based on my first test play.

Im using a T-Mobile-us samsung Gt-19300 and this app work.

Also this mobile is emulated by my computer maybe this information could help you to fix the next part

Bug : just 1 at this moment

repro step ; at start of the app tap play this should have a hardcore drum beat. How I fixed that I just tap the undo button then start to have fun with.

Suggestions and feedback:

1- Have as default BPM 120 like most common DAW the default BPM is 120 not 90.

2- Allow the change the BPM by sliding the BPM "info on the blue monitor" this is faster and reduce the number of step to do that.

3- Skin option, his is not because I hate your graphic work but this could be cool to have choice.maybe a total of 10 skin completely different could be great.

4- Add a pre-play editor : allowing you to add and set effect like reverb or dist one each pad.Also with a slider under each pad allowing to set the volume of each sample.

5- add a save option allowing you to save your beat on wav/mp3 file who you should be able to put this on your DAW for a future song.

6- be able to change the "step note counter" by a bar counter or more

Pretty all my first report like I said I hope this will help you. I will send you a another with the future update.
    Feel free to reply me if you don't understand something because english is note my main language so i have lack of vocabulary to explain things.

p.s this is my longer looperman comment ever !!

-ant4505
  5. 288661
    ziki : Sun 4th Jan 2015 : 3 years ago Thanks. Awesome suggestions and feedbacks. I will work these.
  6. 288661
    ziki : Mon 5th Jan 2015 : 3 years ago Hey ant4505,

Did you have any problem with the recording function?

Thanks
  7. 1158362
    Byleth : Tue 6th Jan 2015 : 3 years ago the only problem I got was the hardcore "default" record.

If start the app then recording my beat then play i will hearn some hardcore beat.

so I have to clean before recording once done the recording function is nickel

I may make a video about that if we need one
  8. 288661
    ziki : Tue 6th Jan 2015 : 3 years ago Yes Please make video. I wasn't able to reproduce this bug on my device or the emulator.
  9. 1158362
    Byleth : Fri 9th Jan 2015 : 3 years ago Hi Ziki, we are very unlucky for some very epic strange reason my recorder "Hypercam" have some fatal error ( rash everytime I hit record) so i tried a another called camstudio and for some other strange reason the sound isn't recorded.So I litterally gave up for now. if you have a free recorder software to recommend me I will try and if this work we will both be happy right .

p.s sorry for the late reply I was on a epic projet
    only if you are curious https://www.looperman.com/tracks/detail/163197
  10. 288661
    ziki : Mon 12th Jan 2015 : 3 years ago Thanks man. I think I found the problem and fixed it. It will be available on the next update. Nice piece there. What gears do you use? Is it strictly software?
  11. 1158362
    Byleth : Fri 23rd Jan 2015 : 3 years ago Hello dear Ziki, better late than never, the freeware I use is bluestacks google it for more info about this.

My only question for now is do you have a date for the next update on your link I saw updated "January 15, 2015"

anyway I will soon retest this version if there are few new features

agains I wish you best succes
  12. 288661
    ziki : Wed 1st Mar 2017 : 1 year ago Hi, after some considerations (with your feedback and suggestions), I have decided to create a new (better) project which I just published. Please feel to test it here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.logicmutant.drummalogic

I am convinced this is way better than the old app. Thanks again.
Posts 1 - 12 of 12

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Featured Pop Track