What Are Your Favorite Plugins

Posts 1 - 9 of 9
  1. 1328302
    EPYKmuzik : Fri 2nd Jan 2015 : 3 years ago I am not asking for any style or purpose in particular. Just in general looking for random plugins to experiment with, and would rather not waste my time with garbage ones, so I figured if everyone could comment their favorite one, or few plugins, a lot of users could get a starting point when looking for something new.
  2. 486477
    GramoChopin : Fri 2nd Jan 2015 : 3 years ago NEXUS. I've recently gotten a hold of it and it's becoming my new fav one. After that, it would be Native Instruments FM8, Camel Audio Alchemy Player. I like most of U-he plugins too. Like Zebra 2 or Diva
  3. 630386
    JosephFunk : Fri 2nd Jan 2015 : 3 years ago Kontakt I feel is the greatest VSTi ever. Let see you need a REAL drum front end, Real Strings, Real Horns like Chris Hein's horns, Funkin' and acoustic real sounding guitars, Synths, Arps, A sampler, a sequencer, and you need layering and custom sound design and creation, soundfonts, AKAI and too much to list, well that's Kontakt for you. I've even seen Kontakt libraries over 100GB. Some of the best keyboard engines in the world are played from Kontakt. Alicia Keys' Kontakt Piano, from her million dollar grand piano took over 4 tedious and meticulous years to catalog and to record the whole piano. It is one of the pianos I use.

My least favorite is NEXUS. Sorry Gramo, no disrespect intended my friend, Nexus made me lazy and less creative. With all of it Reverbs and over processed sounds that bleeds pretty hard, it got quite annoying for me as I felt I had less control by using Nexus. Even as I tried tweaking things with Nexus I still got annoyed even more. Camel Audio Alchemy is awesome for all electronic genres.
  4. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Fri 2nd Jan 2015 : 3 years ago For a vst instrument I'm with Joe,Kontakt is totally awesome,there are massive amounts of third party libraries,it's so malleable on every level you can never get bored with it...for an Fx plugin I'd say AudioEase's Altiverb is my favourite,I use it all the time,huge library of impulse responses,you can zone in any ambience.
  5. 486477
    GramoChopin : Fri 2nd Jan 2015 : 3 years ago @Mrfunktastic I can kind of see what you mean. But it works for me pretty well. It's basically my makeshift arpeggiator since they don't have many good ones for mac. And I use Logic too. Logic's setup is ridiculous when it comes to applying a arpeggiator. It's over complicated and you can't just throw the arp plugin on your channel strip.

But my dream plugin to use is definitely still Omnisphere. I've heard real good things about Sylenth 1 too.
  6. 1095400
    AnalogDisc : Fri 2nd Jan 2015 : 3 years ago Only problem with Kontakt for me is the huge amount of space what libraries eating up, but worth it!

My all time fav is Sylent1 and Nexus! From the Fx side is Sausage Fattener and O-zone!
  7. 1095400
    AnalogDisc : Fri 2nd Jan 2015 : 3 years ago @MrFunktastic I use Nexus for bass nothing else!
  8. 736426
    BEATZMODE : Sat 3rd Jan 2015 : 3 years ago I'll have to say Kontakt as well ,so many different sounds easy to use ..2nd would be Sylenth
  9. 817280
    ronabo : Sat 3rd Jan 2015 : 3 years ago I've never used Kontakt but now I want to try it out. How much does the latest Kontakt cost?
Posts 1 - 9 of 9

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Featured Hip Hop Track