1. 448131
    Megapaul : Sat 22nd Nov 2014 : 7 years ago

Sherlock 'traz75' Holmes.

2. 448131
    Megapaul : Sat 22nd Nov 2014 : 7 years ago

Respect !!!!

3. 782612
    40A : Sat 22nd Nov 2014 : 7 years ago

Why is it genuine shock every time this community discovers someone making a business out of the resources that are given away on this site at no cost, no legitimate legal repercussions and no real way to keep track of the thousands of downloads happening per minute?

It would be like a humanitarian chef setting up shop in an impoverished neighborhood preparing free food for anyone who stops by. You expect everyone to show up for the same reason? There's going to be snakes, rats, crooks, honest and dishonest people all gathering around the same resource provider.

Some will see it as opportunity; others will see it as salvation....but it's completely unrealistic to believe everyone is there for the charity.

I'm speaking specifically from the opinion of a musician whose been making digital music since "MTV Music Generator 2" for the Sony PS2. Only 2 years after Image Line released one of the first fully functioning DAWs...

That may not seem like a lot of time to those who have played instruments since the age of dinosaurs, but digitally speaking I'm only a couple decades away from the emergence of Christianity when it comes to this shit.

I've seen a lot of things that surprise me; even to this day, but what I've never really understood is how someone who (themselves) decides to give something away for free can still assign totally arbitrary rules based only on the extent of how "much" someone else has used it.

When it's okay::: "o u only made a cupl3 dollars? u coo, u coo"

When it's not okay::: "WHOLE UP, U SAYIN U MADE $20,000 AND GOT A REKORD DEAL OFF MY WURK!?!?!?! "

wut?

I don't like throwing credentials around but do you know how much food I've probably put in peoples mouths from my work? I've been emailed soundclouds that have thousands of plays, likes and downloads from the loops I've made. I've heard my shit in commercials, projects, short films, pretty much everywhere. Yet the reality of my efforts has never ONCE bothered me.

I'm not saying that i think it's right, but damn, is Looperman the new RIAA? Really?

This problem will never fix itself as long as the site is designed the way it is. It gives free things away, so things will always fester - that's going to happen whether you see it happening or not.

This is why I've been a proponent for a monetizing option. It's both financially rewarding and puts a soft-cap on the shenanigans. People will think long and they will think hard if the things they have to spend their own money on either benefit them immediately or not.

4. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Sat 22nd Nov 2014 : 7 years ago

Well there's a dose of reality right there people....I guess it's similar to amongst all the carnage on the roads,a plane lands on a freeway and gets world wide news coverage,or on a daily basis thousands of people get shot but a single shark kills someone and it's headline news......you can't blame people though this is cyberspace where every man is judge,jury and executioner.....my only real claim to fame was having my music found on Osama Bin Liner's computer.

5. 782612
    40A : Sat 22nd Nov 2014 : 7 years ago

"my only real claim to fame was having my music found on Osama Bin Liner's computer"

laughed

6. 632005
    CFreemanJr : Sat 22nd Nov 2014 : 7 years ago

yea i seen a few packs that had nothing but looperman stuff in it.....yea that's shitty for everyone that has been jacked

7. 632005
    CFreemanJr : Sat 22nd Nov 2014 : 7 years ago

40A i still use MG 1 and 2 lol

8. 186161
    Spivkurl : Sat 22nd Nov 2014 : 7 years ago

4OA, the issue is not one of royalties, profit or anything such as that - it is about credit where credit is due. To change the name of the loop, and give the impression that it is their work is just weak to say the least. That's in addition to it being against the terms of Looperman. The loops here are for use in music and audio related projects, not for redistribution. You seem to think free is free and getting money involved will solve the problems... though I think creators of professional loop packs and software would disagree with you.

9. 630386
    JoeFunktastic : Sat 22nd Nov 2014 : 7 years ago

Here's a new dose of commonsense reality right here:

There was headline "High school principal resigns after plagiarizing graduation speech." To take what is not yours and make it yours for profit or non-profit is not acceptable behavior in normal civilized society. The mere fact some would take another's work without permission is what is at issue here. If someone takes my stuff and make a profit then good luck to them. It's a general rule that loops from even commercial companies such as LOOPMASTERS are not to be sold, given away, repackaged or sold even though they designate them as royalty free loops. Rules and agreements are meant for all of us that's what we all agreed to here if not chaos will ensue.

The person who came here to Looperman to take my media well that's fine. If I was asked I might have given without any issues but he agreed to the terms we all agreed to here that is why even Shan the Looperman asked him to stop. The violator then created license terms on my loops he took and took ownership. So if you drop your wallet outside expect to jacked because there isn't any agreement between you and the finder, but in civilized society wouldn't you want your wallet back intact if you were the victim?

There is a lot more going on here than just money. My loops was in a free pack of his. People who know me know that I give. I am the fourth largest loop maker as far as total numbers behind PlanetJazzBass and I've turned down money from people who posted songs with me on Amazon.com and ask people not to put me in their credits. All I expect is people to play by the rules they agreed to and nothing more, keep the money idk.

Oh btw, that plagiarizing high school principal was forced to resign because he took what was not his, financial gain was not his motive. If the principal would of just asked the author things might of turned out better for him. Violators are a kin to Warez pirates, so long live thieves and people who are plagiarizers for profit or not. Still they do not deter me or stop me from giving even if they do make money.

10. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Sun 23rd Nov 2014 : 7 years ago

I think the bottom line here is we're all creators and proud of our work and we are willing to freely share that with other people when they adhere to Looperman's clearly stated terms.....of course there's always going to be people that pay no attention to those terms and that causes predictable umbrage,the issue seems to have been resolved by Looperman in this case..I'm not suggesting anyone lie down about it,just set the appropriate wheels in motion by contacting Looperman....waking me up in the middle of the night for a lynching party just don't cut it these days,I need my sleep. ;)

11. 782612
    40A : Sun 23rd Nov 2014 : 7 years ago

Let's really look at the logistics at play here, and possibly draw some form of conclusion to this debate.

1. You're uploading your professional work to a site that distributes this content to a world wide audience and does this 24 hours out of the day; 7 days a week. For Zero Compensation.

2. You expect people to understand, care, recognize, abide or adhere to the very same sort of regulations multi-billion dollar companies have tried (and failed) to enforce on intellectual property.

3. You're under the impression that you're still the owner of the things you upload. While legally that is true, but in reality... it's gone bro. I'm sure every major artist in existence can attest to the sheer futility of trying to protect their intellectual rights and products.

It's impossible, internet wins every time. What makes your situation any more different than the guys making million dollar singles? If anything, that should prove the stark realization that it's always going to be completely out of your hands to do anything about the situation if people like Kanye can't even keep his shit off thepiratebay.

I'm just tired of this communities double standards, bi-polar and completely black and white mentality when it comes to how things "should" work, and how things really are.

Nothing you upload has value, because we can't assign a value to them on this site. So you're literally losing nothing and gaining nothing when you find sites like the one perpetrated.

There's only 2 ways you will EVER stop this from happening:

1. Stop Uploading
    2. Stop Caring

The guy still has all your stuff still available for download with cleverly placed links. That's how much he cared about the cease and desist order. Until he gets a phone call from a lawyer there's no reason why he SHOULD take it down.

12. 186161
    Spivkurl : Sun 23rd Nov 2014 : 7 years ago

You've made good, well thought out points 4OA. I suppose my only real concern about this situation is that the person running that site could be supporting the original artist (not monetarily, but artistically or whatever you want to call it) and isn't. It would probably be cool if they would leave the loops as is and give Looperman a credit at least. Obviously I'm an idealist in this respect... sucks to be me...heh

13. 782612

in a perfect world my friend.

14. 560295
    TurfGoldMusic : Sun 23rd Nov 2014 : 7 years ago

I was just about to upload a new track, lol. Think I'll hold off until the entire project is finished.

15. 630386
    JoeFunktastic : Sun 23rd Nov 2014 : 7 years ago

The bottom line I guess is LOOPMASTERS and PRIMELOOPS should also stop making loops too since people believe loops are free EVERYWHERE. We live in world of people who feel everything is free. That mentality gave birth to bit torrenting. So if that what you support you are entitle to that. Eventually there will be nothing to upload. Rules and agreements are for those who agreed to them. I know people are going to keep stealing, and that's life, and I will allow them to keep stealing because I do not wish to punish those who play fair.

But does that mean content creators should remain silent and idle. Even Microsoft along with a unit of the FBI busted pirating rings in Nigeria and Kenya and neither is Microsoft silent and will stop making media. The right to protest things that are unjust is a basic human right of all people. I will still keep making content, the thieves will continue to steal and I will exercise my human right to protest about it. So at the end of day they get what they want, those who play by the rules get what they want and I get to let the thieves know what they are doing sucks.

All is fine.

16. 782612

"The bottom line I guess is LOOPMASTERS and PRIMELOOPS should also stop making loops too since people believe loops are free EVERYWHERE"

That really doesn't apply, because commercial loop providers gate their content behind a fee. That doesn't by any means fix the rampant piracy (specifically in the music production industry), but it does discourage a lot of people from participating in it.

So they'd have a legitimate case to bring to courte when assessing damages. If you're a distributor of their products, and they thought it was a serious enough case to pursue, all they'd have to do is look at the download count and multiply it by the price of the product in question.

How would you asses your damages? This is why i said it would be totally arbitrary. You can't really form a solid case on a FREE upload, and try to get compensated with no reference or indication as to how your products were monetized.

I'm no lawyer or anything, but i don't think that hold even in a small claims court. I've never understood the legality protection this site claims to have for it's users. It all seems so superficial.

17. 630386
    JoeFunktastic : Mon 24th Nov 2014 : 7 years ago

Point taken 40A, nice debating skills. I got nothing.

Peace!

18. 782612
    40A : Mon 24th Nov 2014 : 7 years ago

no worries all friendly here.

19. 1
    Looperman : Sat 29th Nov 2014 : 7 years ago

after speaking to the owner of stayonbeat i can confirm that files taken from looperman.com have been removed from their server and so this can be considered dealt with.

Im locking this thread for now but should anyone find any more problems with files being used on stayonbeat please contact me directly.

Posts 26 - 44 of 44

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.