Usb Devices Not Detected On Computer

Posts 1 - 11 of 11
  1. 736426
    BEATZMODE : Mon 20th Oct 2014 : 3 years ago Hi looper members quick question,can anyone help me with this problem,for some odd reason my computer doesn't detect any of my hardware (midi keys,Akai-Mpd) anymore at first i thought it was just my instruments not being able to be detected but it turns out that any of my other devices cant be detected either (mobile phone,usb pen drive,portable hd)..iv'e done a quick search online for help but i'm coming up with no results that i need to fix this problem i'm far from a tech wiz when it comes to computers..so any help would be appreciated,thanks in advance
  2. 589130
    Spd2 : Tue 21st Oct 2014 : 3 years ago Hey beatzmode, there can be a number of things why your USB may not recognize your device/s :bad usb cables, usb port in your device, bad sectors in your PC, or your USB drivers needing updating. Which PC operating system are you using (Windows XP, 7,Vista, 8)?
  3. 736426
    BEATZMODE : Tue 21st Oct 2014 : 3 years ago windows 8 I updated over a month ago USB inputs were working perfectly few days ago but now no device pops up I tried my USB devices on my laptop and it detects them without a problem ..just abit frustrated as my desktop is my main computer for music
  4. 589130
    Spd2 : Tue 21st Oct 2014 : 3 years ago I feel you. I'm going to provide 2 links: one to access Device Manager in your desktop, and the other to uncheck "allow the computer to turn off device to save power". When you open Device manager go down to Universal 'Serial Bus Controller' and click on arrow to expand it. For every USB Root Hub and Generic USB Hub, right click and select Properties. Go to Power Management and uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" Try this and tell me if it works.

http://clientportal.softwaresecure.com/support/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/288/0/windows-8-how-do-i-access-the-device-manager

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/usb-device-not-recognized

On the second link, go to number for to get a picture of the instruction I shared with you. Good luck.
  5. 589130
    Spd2 : Tue 21st Oct 2014 : 3 years ago Oops, I meant go to number 4, lol
  6. 828980
    phatkatz4 : Tue 21st Oct 2014 : 3 years ago if all else fails you could do a system restore which will return the computer back to its factory settings,but all your programs will need to be reinstalled, and make sure all data is backed up on another drive. When computer starts before gets to windows screen press f12, may vary per computer(will show up on the bottom corner of the black screen what button) select system restore. Pain in the a$$ but fixes software issues anyway.
  7. 1231236
    joecramer : Tue 21st Oct 2014 : 3 years ago Win 8 is sometimes a little tricky.

Letz check some things. Do you updated to Win 8.1 ?
    Very important to do! If not, you find the update for that under the - Windows Store -
    Autoupdates all on?
    Sometimes some updates are not easy to find on your computer :)
    check the system settings and look for windows update.
    There can you update also the not automatic installed things.

At least you should try to install the asio drivers new.
    Asio for all is free and works under win 8.1

I am not realysure that this will help :) but you shoud try
  8. 736426
    BEATZMODE : Wed 22nd Oct 2014 : 3 years ago I've found that my rear USB inputs detect my devices just not my side USB inputs work now i've updated to 8.1 windows installed USB drivers still no luck .may have to take into shop to have a look at ,really appreciate all the help .best community
  9. 1231236
    joecramer : Wed 22nd Oct 2014 : 3 years ago If you have a working USB port, then just buy a USB Hub (very cheap to get) and conect this to that working port.
    I use a hub cause i dont like to handle alltime behind my computer. So i have just 4 USB ports on my desktop and thats realy cool for all this things that use USB today ......
  10. 828980
    phatkatz4 : Wed 22nd Oct 2014 : 3 years ago If you're using a desktop you can purchase a usb pci card to add more usb ports. It simply snaps into place inside the computer adding 4 more usb ports :D Hubs are good and cheap and even easier :D Some devices require to be powered by usb, from what I understand it's not as good(but still works) to use them through a hub, but a powered device is fine.
  11. 1231236
    joecramer : Wed 22nd Oct 2014 : 3 years ago Sure a powerd usb hub. But they are realy cheap. 10 Euro and you have 4 new ports (or 3 cause u lost one to conect the hub). And realy cool is that you can easyly conect usb things with short cable!!!!
Posts 1 - 11 of 11

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Featured Trap Track