Lounge Track Structures

Posts 1 - 8 of 8
  1. 316780
    Apieceoftofu : Wed 1st Oct 2014 : 7 years ago

Anybody have any tips for Lounge House track structures? Here are some of my main questions but any general tips/advice on producing the genre would be most appreciated.

Do they get a percussion intro and outro like most genres club mixes? Are there usually buildups/breaks where the kick is taken out? How many of these breaks/buildups per track is common? BPM's have seemed all over the place in the Lounge tracks ive been listening to. Some are chugging along at like 135 while others are languishing below 100. Is there a good happy medium temp?

2. 951439
    Evisma : Wed 1st Oct 2014 : 7 years ago

" Some are chugging along at like 135 while others are languishing below 100. Is there a good happy medium temp?"

117.5 BPM

That will be $85

With the rest of your questions, my guess is if you followed all of your guidelines, you will succeed in sounding exactly like everything else. I wish you the best of luck.

3. 951439

Nice avatar, by the way. I do like it.

4. 186161
    Spivkurl : Wed 1st Oct 2014 : 7 years ago

Evisma, the comments themselves were worth $85!

5. 316780

117.5, why didn't I think of that? In regards to sounding generic, since when has following a few established conventions and precedents prevented artists from sounding unique?

Nobody would argue that all rock sounds the same cause it all uses Guitars and Drums?

I intend on heeding Bruce Lee's words.

"Obey the principles, without being bound by them."

6. 951439

@Apieceoftofu
    As I said, I wish you the best of luck.

I won't argue the "sounding unique" thing. I've tried and the world resists.

I'm sure there are lots of folks on here that can help with what you're wanting. All I could do is point you to 117.5 BPM. My expertise ends there.

I intend to heed my mother's words.

"SHUT UP AND GET OUT!!"

7. 224104
    Mosaic : Wed 1st Oct 2014 : 7 years ago

Hey mate

If and when I do house tracks, depending what you are using sample/loops quality wise, I have my tracks ranging from 123 Bpm up to 128 Bpm but that is not set in stone, so to speak, guess it comes back to having a ear for what works with what ever track you are doing, I've done trance tracks at 128 Bpm but most are 135 plus, sometimes using different samples some tracks sound to fast hence why the 128 Bpm for some...Would say it would be the same when doing house or whatever genre, so again it comes back to having a good ear for what works for you...

Maybe not much help, but that's how I work when doing tunes, I don't believe every genre has to be to a set tempo, what works for the ear is best, even then you put track aside then come back to listen few days later, if listening and it sounds tempo wise good then leave as is...

Peace
    Mosaic...

8. 316780

@Evisma
    Lol

@Mosaic
    Yea I know house is generally in the mid to upper 120's but LOUNGE house is almost always slower than that. Often even slower than deep house.

Posts 1 - 8 of 8

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.