Some Of These Producers And Rappers Must Be Killed

Posts 1 - 25 of 78
  1. 704401
    benjizo : Tue 16th Sep 2014 : 7 years ago

The Music industry has a reached a point of saturation.Reason?With availability of sound kits,the free loops being tossed around,the cheap recording gear,now everyone think they can make music because it "looks so easy".Well,NEWS FLASH,Most of the stuff people are putting out sucks a big one.You gotta go through 20 tracks or beats to find a good one,if you do the math that is 5% of GOOD STUFF and 95% OF WACK STUFF.Way Forward?We gotta kill some of yall producers,rappers and singers to make room for the ones that make real dope music..lol.

2. 186161
    Spivkurl : Tue 16th Sep 2014 : 7 years ago

I feel ya benjizo. I've been feeling the same way. It's been making it very difficult to listen to music lately, aside from classics in my collection. Went through and stopped following about 700 users on Soundcloud recently for pretty much this reason, also due to the major commercial/spam nature of many of the users. This is not to say I am any better than these people, but I'm not going to subject myself to it more than I need.

3. 1170088
    terrancet : Tue 16th Sep 2014 : 7 years ago

Kind of Aggressive there huh?

I agree with you but how do we determine the good ones and the bad ones?

That being said, you may not like it but Joe Blow might like the tracks you do not like and vice versa.

4. 704401
    benjizo : Tue 16th Sep 2014 : 7 years ago

@Spivkurl that is exactly my point,and you one of the few music makers that make the good stuff.Keep it up bro.

@Terrancet my point is that there is so much music/beats that comes out everyday,and you have to agree wit me that most of it is of low standards.Its true that whether something is good or bad boils down to individual taste.But,that is not what my thread is about.Am just saying in general,there is more wack stuff being put out there and its suffocating the work of good producers and singers.

5. 666289
    FreeRadical : Tue 16th Sep 2014 : 7 years ago

I personally find commercial radio to be the problem. Even if a track is good they play it so many times you end up hating it. I had the misfortune of listening to "heart FM" for a few days while i was decorating because it was the only radio station i could tune in to. They claim they play "more music variety" but it's just a variety of the same old whingy whiny simon cowell type bollocks and it makes you want to kill yourself.
    That's why i like this place. You can hear a new tune every time you log in and it never gets boring.
    Yeah, i'm a bit off topic but you gave me a good excuse for a rant so i took it.

6. 1029245
    Emolyte : Tue 16th Sep 2014 : 7 years ago

Just to make things clear, are we talking about music artists here, or in the music industry right now?

7. 186161
    Spivkurl : Tue 16th Sep 2014 : 7 years ago

@EYEDYE - A big portion of music artists have but one goal, to become part of the music industry, and it's obvious. So in essence, we're talking about both.

8. 1029245
    Emolyte : Tue 16th Sep 2014 : 7 years ago

@Spivkurl- I can agree.
    For me personally, i like a lot of artists we have here on the looper. A lot of tracks i here sound great and i love logging in everyday to hear them. Now, with that being said, I also have to agree with benjizo about having to search to find a good one., bc a lot of people here have only just started out, or are trying to sound like something else, and that part i can understand would get on peoples nerves.
    As far as the actual music industry goes, i kinda lost all faith in it. I havent listened to the radio in a year bc how terrible it has become. Not to say you cant find a couple here and there. I enjoy a lot put on this site, and then i hear the shit being made out there, and it baffles me. An people love it, and i just cant stand the kind of music being put out. At least here you can get some substance. But also in that, like benjizo said, you have to search bc a lot are trying to sound like something or are just starting out.

9. 951439
    Evisma : Wed 17th Sep 2014 : 7 years ago

Your thread title is a siren's song. I could say it over and over, slowly and softly to myself.

I understand that there is a lot of crap out there, but I figure there are a lot of beginners out there to account for it. We all sucked at some point. Some of us have recordings to prove it.

Isn't the bigger problem all the intentional mimicry? I see so many people wanting the exact sounds done by Skrillmouse2, or whatever.

Regurgitation. It doesn't get better the more you do it. It gets worse.

When it comes to the record industries, our man ValVedriVer says it best. "I don't do it to get famous, I do it to get good.".

Evan

10. 951439

A good rule for me is to not trust/bother with anything from an artist who's name has numbers in place of letters.

This system has been 100 percent accurate and trustworthy to date.

11. 1170088
    terrancet : Wed 17th Sep 2014 : 7 years ago

Seriously, I am not the best to say this statement but I think us as artists we need to hold ourselves to greater standards when posting music. I think we needs to use reference tracks not to mimic but to encourage yourself to make better music as a whole. I am saying that for mixing and production stand point but if you are even embarrass a little bit to post the song next to song you admire in the industry then you might want to rethink your track.

I want to be proud of the work I post. I make about a 10 to 15 beats a month but I post about once a month because I hold myself to the highest standards possible. I do not want to be not mediocre, not satisfactory but GREAT and nothing less. Artist are not born overnight so why we you think our first beat ever will be regarded as the best that has ever came out?

People are standing in line to be the next Jay Z. We need to use that as motivation to become better and hone your craft to best we can possibly do. I practice skills daily that I am not good at but I am constantly trying to get better. You should strive to do better to.

RANT OVER.

12. 1029245
    Emolyte : Wed 17th Sep 2014 : 7 years ago

@Evisma - Well im glad i changed my name from EY3DY3 to EYEDYE before joining this site haha.
    But on a serious note i agree with the bigger problem being intentional mimicry. A lot of people are asking for sounds that sounds exactly like someone else, and this is ok if your doing a remix of sorts, but to base an entire song or even your whole style, making it sound as exact to someone else makes me wonder why?
    I try to sound different as much as possible. Playing with multiple genres, sometimes within the same song. I cant just stick to one genre. When music sites i join ask me who i sound like, i really have to think. Who DO i sound like? its hard to find something. Personally i believe that if you are asked the question of who sound like and its hard to come up with an answer,your doing well. Now, that isnt to say that you cant sound like something else, i mean thats why we have genres at all. To categorize similar sounds and styles together, but everyone should have their own distinct sound and style that puts a spin on it. Its ok to be somewhat similar, but why do you want to be the exact same? Add some flare, throw a risk in once in a while, BE DIFFERENT.

@terrancet- I agree with always striving to do better, and trying to make it the best you can before posting, but comparing it to a song you admire and asking yourself is my track as good? may be setting standards a little high, but to each their own. and Sometimes when people post stuff they think it really is the best they can do with it, until people like us come by and give feedback. And thats what i love most about this place, is the amazing feedback people give. How to improve, what can be fixed, what can be added, that sorta thing. I think thats much more helpful then the positive reinforcement of "Great track!" At least specify why its good haha. all in all, i think that if your personally happy with the track, you should share it, and take feedback with an open mind on HOW you can improve to make it the best.

13. 841435
    ValveDriver : Wed 17th Sep 2014 : 7 years ago

Mind if I chime in on this? Well, I'm going to anyhow.

First, to say they need to be killed is a little extreme, don't you think? Unless you're referring to their ideals as a producer, and the notion that they're going to get famous because they "got mad skillz" on a ripped FL10, and not the artists themselves.
    Personally, I like the saturation of basement producers. Once the people hold all of the power, the industry that's screwed so many, no longer does. Meaning, they won't force feed us the songs they think we should like so many times on repeat, that they finally grow on us. It's a psychological tactic to generate sales. It has nothing to do with talent, or creativity. "Kill" that beast, and with it, so too falls the minions who thrive upon all that which it regurgitates.
    "...there is more wack stuff being put out there and its suffocating the work of good producers and singers."

Sink or swim, brother. That "wack stuff" out there, contrary to my last paragraph, is a blessing in disguise. It's because of all the regurgitated crap that gets passed off as good, that the rest of us are forced to be better. More creative, more stylish, more in your face, whatever your gig may be. We know that if we're going to be noticed, or heard, we have to rise above the filth and breathe that fresh air of life back into it. So, instead of being annoyed, consider them all to be a stepping stone on your way to personal greatness. Trample the weak, my friend. Then, once you've risen above, lend a hand to help the next guy.

"Isn't the bigger problem all the intentional mimicry?"

Monkey see, monkey do, my friend. Personally, I advocate the use of mimicry, if only for the sole purpose of learning. But, I'm also an advocate for developing your own style once you've learned.

Now, We all say we love the artists on looperman the most. But the truth I see is; There's a lot of contradiction on the ol' Looperman site. There are a lot of people that complain about things like this, but offer no guidance, or solution. It seems to me that if you really want to hear better music, then you should take part in collectively making it better. Here's a thought. Set all of your tracks to "not featured" and see if you still make as many comments as you did when you had one featured, and if you do, what kind of comment are you leaving? Is one that actually suggests ways to improve, whether technically, or creatively. Or is it just a long winded way to say "Nice track, bro!"?

Take care.
    V.

@Evan
    Thanks for the nod of faith, brother!

14. 365820
    WongKiShoo : Wed 17th Sep 2014 : 7 years ago

Right now I'm listening to an album by Mat Zo - "Damage Control". I can honestly say out of the 12 tracks on here, there is only 1 that stands out. It's kind of annoying that his mediocre music is making money.. and my mediocre music isn't..

@Valve - off topic - very good point about the featured tracks/comment quality by the way. I used to invest a lot of time listening to a track over and over and then writing a detailed post.. I don't really do that anymore.

WKS

15. 1107143
    radioilluminati : Wed 17th Sep 2014 : 7 years ago

Test1

16. 1107143

Benjizo, I agree with you that the music industry sucks big time.

Disclaimer, this is going to get very deep. Don't sue me, if you can't handle the truth, and your start to see double, because your reality turns upside down. If you have a weak mind. Don't read any further.

You need to understand the real problem, then you know why, it is like this, and you will then figure out the solution.

Use this tactic to finding the truth. Connect the dots. Be a collector of information. Be neutral when you get exposed to it, and after some time, you will start to see the bigger picture.

This is a much deeper problem, than you think.

Sun Tzu - The Art Of War: If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.

We are in a spiritual war. A battle against the human spirit, where each one of us, will have to choose what side we are on. I'm not a Christian, by the way.

It always take 2 to a tango. The manipulator needs people that ALLOW to be manipulated. The key is to discover the mental prison, then someone can take back the power of the mind. We are very powerful beings! That's the good news. We create our own reality.

Do you really think, you live in the free part of the world, where you are free? Think again.

Johann von Goethe 'The best slave is the one who thinks he is free.'

Slavery today is a a mind-game, where people think they are free, when they are not. It works like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2afuTvUzBQ

Imagine everybody believe 2+2=5, that will make them easier to control.

Reality is what we see, hear and tell each other. What if most of reality is based on lies? That creates a situation where most people are weak and pathetic. People never feel really happy. They listen/watch to low quality music, films etc. their minds don't get challenged by deep thoughts.

Americans can't even understand irony/sarcasm and someone has to warn them about it. It was sarcasm my disclaimer. I say this just in case, some people didn't get my European style humor.

17. 1107143

Don't take my word for it. Don't believe or disbelieve what I'm going to tell. This is my personal experience, nothing more. It doesn't prove anything. I only tell this to inspire you, to do your own research and start asking questions. People are ready to talk, if you ask the right questions.:

I talked with a guy that was a boss for a Russian national TV station. It was like a bad movie.

I asked him, if he knew about propaganda. He laughed and said, that's what I do. But I can't tell you anything about it.

Later that night when he had been drinking lots of vodka, then he started talking. He said, what we do is that we give people the worst kind of entertainment, then they are easier to manipulate, so they purchase products from our sponsors.

Another time I talked with a guy that worked for an advertising company. He was also drunk and said: My job is to split families because frustrated singles consume more than families. We change masculinity and femininity by making women more masculine and men feminine and like hopeless boys.

I was shocked.

By some strange reason people like to tell me these things. Maybe it is because I ask, and they think I'm one them?

18. 1107143

Metro sexuals and feminism is a good example. Notice women are being told via the media, that they can be action heroes and presidents etc.

This is how the social engineering works. Notice the females are the smart and strong ones that save humanity:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gZ6bpIjeLs

Women get tired of feminine boys and will complain, that there are no real men out there. They will prefer to live as frustrated singles.

Aaron Russo(R.I.P.) film producer about his friendship with a Rockefeller: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCpjmvaIgNA

I had a friend that worked as a journalist for a national newspaper. He invited me to his work, so I could see the newspaper. He and his friend at the newspaper told me, that they wrote fairy tales, and the marketing dep. told them, what type of "news" they should write.

A newspaper is a business, no law dictates them to tell the truth and report real news. Their game is to sell newspapers, nothing more.

When I worked for a large mainstream radio station, my boss told me to speak very monotone and say the exact same thing again and again. He kind of laughed, and said that I would hypnotize people to believe, we where whatever the liner said.

An example of a liner: "Z100 Is New York's #1 Hit Music Station!"
    When you hear this again and again, then you start to believe it.

Notice radio stations say that line again and again after each song.
    Joseph Goebbels(Nazi propaganda minister):
    "If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State."

Here is another example:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t32Iax94zY8

19. 1107143

I was spending many hours without getting paid extra to perfect my shows. I wanted to make really good radio shows where people got entertained. What happened was very bizarre. My colleagues told me to not work so hard, because I made their shows sound bad. I ignored them. Then my boss said, that I had to keep in mind that we have something called Jante-Law here in Denmark. It means that people will look down on those that think, they are better than others.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_Jante

I didn't want to be better than the others. I wanted all of us to be better.

I ignored what he said, because I don't give a dam about that. I'm not a sheep or a slave, so no one should treat me like that.

My boss kept telling me, that I had to work faster.

Keep in mind, I worked extra hours without getting paid more.

Then one day he said: Do you want to be a personality DJ and not work here, or be a liner-DJ(someone that is mediocre and read cards) and work here.

I said: I am a personality DJ. Then I got fired.

The ratings went up, when I worked there, and dropped when I left.

A friend of mine that worked for the competing radio station also had some issues that reminded of my situation.

The radio station I worked for closed down several years later and my former boss got a new job at the competing radio station.

It was not the first time they hired someone totally useless, that had been a boss for a radio station that closed down because of inefficiency.

The real reality is stranger than fiction!

George Carlin said it perfectly:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5dBZDSSky0

Charlotte Thompson Iserbyt served as the head of policy at the Department of Education during the first administration of Ronald Reagan.

Deliberate dumbing down of Americans
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZI2JOPoTZA

I'm only scratching the surface here. There is much more. Also positive things. But I don't have time for more at this time.

20. 672953
    Ozzz : Wed 17th Sep 2014 : 7 years ago

RadioIlluminati,

What you wrote is 100% correct. Many don't see it even after they're forced to, and then they still refuse to acknowledge it..

21. 1107143

I agree Ozzi, that's why it is so easy to keep slaves today even though we have internet and freedom of speech.

Don't believe or disbelieve anything I say. This does not prove anything. Just my experience. Do your own research.

This was the first time I heard about how the West treats the 3rd world countries.

In a public train here in Denmark, I talked with a normal looking African guy, he was alone and was not someone you would notice. I know it sounds strange. But he told me, he was the grandchild of the president of one of the African countries. He did prove it to me though, after we had talked for a long time. He showed me his passport. But he didn't needed to prove it. I am pretty good at sensing if people are honest or not.

He told me that Western businessmen came to his granddad and said, he should sell the resources of the country to a very low price, otherwise he would be removed.

He was removed and called a brutal dictator.

This was new information at that time. I did not think much about it, till I saw this guy talk about the same thing:

How the West enslaves the 3rd world:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqIHKWd9rSc

Something happens when a person is looking actively for the truth and speak with strangers about the so called reality. You will speak with people, you never dreamed of meeting, and they will say stuff, that is very strange what will question your sense of reality. I guess, it's part of the "we create our own reality" stuff. We attract things we need to expand our reality.

I have many stories like this. Most of them are even more bizarre. But I don't think many people are ready for them so I will keep them to my self for now.

Michael Rivero:
    "Most people prefer to believe that their leaders are just and fair, even in the face of evidence to the contrary, because once a citizen acknowledges that the government under which he lives is lying and corrupt, the citizen has to choose what he or she will do about it. To take action in the face of corrupt government entails risks of harm to life and loved ones. To choose to do nothing is to surrender one's self-image of standing for principles. Most people do not have the courage to face that choice. Hence, most propaganda is not designed to fool the critical thinker but only to give moral cowards an excuse not to think at all."

22. 1044386
    Abilify : Wed 17th Sep 2014 : 7 years ago

I wouldn't kil them.
    But Looperman should filter Tracks out, wich are fucking crap.

This is a example Comment I got like 2 days ago: https://soundcloud.com/x-trance/villain-ft-timmydarkside

I mean...what the fuck?
    This is the absolutly worst thing u could have done with ANY loop I uploaded.

Even if this is Soundcloud, Looperman has so many shitty tracks to delete. It's just an example what most people come up with the loops uploaded to looperman.

I can't say if my tracks are good, or bad, but I can listen to them without quitting after 5 seconds.

23. 951439

Does this go under Rants and Raves, or Nutball Expressions.

Weren't we talking about shitty music?

Yes, most Americans are suffering from willful ignorance. I have many issues with the US culture, especially the self-importance aspect. But when it comes to controlling the masses, you gotta give it up to Christianity. WOW! Nothing has done a better job at devaluing this life.

If this is the only existence we have, no heaven or hell, then this is it. Why be consumed with conspiracy and paranoia? Enjoy what it is, don't hate it.

If ten people are on a deserted island, and one of them starts in on conspiracy and general paranoia, he's the first victim of cannibalism. Like's too short to listen to a dick. Let's eat him.

Your rambling warnings seem pretty paranoid. No way to live your life. Know that people suck, want to control you, and they can't be trusted. Move on with it now. Don't waste any of your time or energy on it. You seem to be consumed with this. Bad for you.

@ValVe
    I like your thoughts on needing the bad music. Gotta shine through something.

24. 672953
    Ozzz : Wed 17th Sep 2014 : 7 years ago

RadioIlluminati,

The whole system is corrupted, I've read it all and understand their whole agenda like the back of my hand. I got a whole book-shelf dedicated to exposing Zionism, Homosexuality, feminism, Holocaust all the way up to Capitalism, it's no conspiracy - it's actually pathetic..

Our last hope went down the drain with Qaddafi. Had his monetary system taken place, the world would be that much more better with the end to the infinite and worthless US dollar..

Oh well, all we can do is stay away from finance and knee your son in the head if he walks through the door with a Justin Beiber hair cut..

Bubye..

25. 951439

*"Life's" too short to listen to a dick, (or proof-read).

Posts 1 - 25 of 78

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.