Mixing And Mastering Competition

Posts 26 - 50 of 127
  1. 500098
    ShortBusMusic : Sun 31st Aug 2014 : 3 years ago I meant "guys", not "gus," Who the hell is Gus? :)
  2. 605220
    Ensam : Mon 1st Sep 2014 : 3 years ago https://www.looperman.com/tracks/detail/159675

ok guys I am throwing my hat in the ring with my effort. Hope you approve Barry......

Simon
  3. 500098
    ShortBusMusic : Mon 1st Sep 2014 : 3 years ago Simon threw down the gauntlet on this one....man, what a wonderful job he did mixing and mastering the track. Give my original a listen, and then listen to what a real master of sound can do - outstanding job Simon. The bar is officially set really high. Good luck to everyone and a huge thanks to Simon for kicking this off in grand style. Wow!
  4. 365820
    WongKiShoo : Tue 2nd Sep 2014 : 3 years ago Ok so here's my effort:

https://www.looperman.com/tracks/detail/159688

I *tried* to fix the timing on the accoustic guitar panned right but think I made it worse :S

Go on then Bear.. let me have it lol.
  5. 428278
    fixxxer : Tue 2nd Sep 2014 : 3 years ago I'm going to give this a go listening to the laden with errors version as I type. Will certainly be fun and hopefully will fire me up to try some new things with my own work. Great idea and an immense challenge :)
  6. 428278
    fixxxer : Tue 2nd Sep 2014 : 3 years ago Ok here we go this is my entry :)

https://www.looperman.com/tracks/detail/159695
  7. 1086187
    Orlando51 : Tue 2nd Sep 2014 : 3 years ago Ok, Bear....count me in :)
  8. 940729
    MarvellicAmbience : Tue 2nd Sep 2014 : 3 years ago Nice idea! I'm down for this!

One thing: do we just upload our mixed and mastered version to any audio hosting site and send you the link? Or do we post on Looperman itself?
  9. 940729
    MarvellicAmbience : Tue 2nd Sep 2014 : 3 years ago : In response to my previous question.

I just went through some of the entries and have found my answer. I need to read the comments before stupid sometimes.
  10. 602494
    Nightfallproducer : Tue 2nd Sep 2014 : 3 years ago Hey iv'e done a little re-edit, Iv'e changed the Intro section added this and that, kept the Middle section suttle and for the last section iv'e tried to keep powerful to help the track have a big finish, It's not complete and i do need to spend more time on the track and mess with this and that but here it is so far...

https://www.looperman.com/tracks/detail/159712
  11. 500098
    ShortBusMusic : Tue 2nd Sep 2014 : 3 years ago WongKi, what a great mix! And Fixxxer, you rose to the challenge as well. It really is fun to listen to the different approaches taken on this one. I think each one shows just how important the mix and master is in this process. Well done gents, really well done.

Marvellic, just upload your finished track to your profile here on Looperman, and then post a link to it in this thread. Thanks for jumping in the pool!

Nightfall, I'm off to give your track a listen. Thanks for jumping in as well.
  12. 500098
    ShortBusMusic : Tue 2nd Sep 2014 : 3 years ago Nightfall, you did a really nice remix on this track, unfortunately this competition is a mixing and mastering comp only. Don't get me wrong, I loved what you did and was really impressed with your work, however it isn't within the confines of the rules. Each person must use the stems as they are. You can't alter the order in which they appear (so no strings in the intro for example - or no using a different kind of percussion).

What you can do is use all of the effects we commonly find in the production studio (panning, compression, delay, EQ, pitch, timing alignment, etc.). Again, I really enjoyed your remix, but it just won't work for this competition. I do think you have the skills to do a great mix and master on the original track and hope you will post an entry.
  13. 1231236
    joecramer : Tue 2nd Sep 2014 : 3 years ago Ok, i never done something like that befor.
    And i am a real bad producer ...... mmmmmm

So it sounds like something i should try.

The zip is here, so letz see how i can ruin the track :)

I am in

PS: maybe i am not one of this young guys you searching for but i am one of the new guys here
  14. 602494
    Nightfallproducer : Wed 3rd Sep 2014 : 3 years ago @shortbusmusic I'm glad you like the re-edit and that's just what it is, i have not entered into the comp and in all honestly i should of pm'd you to let you know about it (my mistake) it's described as a re-edit and there is no mention of me including myself in the comp. I need to add your copyright info into the description ect... but as i wasnt finished i thought i'd give ya taster of how it's getting on. when iv'e complete the remix i'll pm you or if you would like to pm me with your email, i have no problems sending you the track that way?

All the best

ps i may have some vocals for it soon, i'm talking to an artist i work with on a reg base and they up for putting something down on it so watch this space for your instrumental :)
  15. 500098
    ShortBusMusic : Wed 3rd Sep 2014 : 3 years ago Hey Nightfall, no problems my friend. I was really impressed with the work you do on the remix, and I look forward to your completed version. It is quality work for sure. I will send you a PM with my email.
  16. 500098
    ShortBusMusic : Thu 4th Sep 2014 : 3 years ago Dakore has thrown his hat in the ring and is joining the competition. He's a new member of Looperman - welcome to the Loop by the way - and cannot post in the forums just yet, so I am posting the link for him. Give his version a listen and let him know how he did. I think you will find an outstanding result when you do.

https://www.looperman.com/tracks/detail/159772
  17. 1231236
    joecramer : Thu 4th Sep 2014 : 3 years ago Ok, i did it.
    This is the first time i done something like that, with stuff that isnt myn.
    Was very hared for me NOT to reedit something

You find - Joes Master PROXIMAL VICINITY Mix right there:

https://www.looperman.com/tracks/detail/159779
  18. 500098
    ShortBusMusic : Fri 5th Sep 2014 : 3 years ago Joe, very nice job on this. And it is a bit different approach to the mix (which instruments to feature in various spots). Well thought out and executed quite well. The competition is on!
  19. 77668
    VickyDan : Fri 5th Sep 2014 : 3 years ago Interesting challenge Barry .... I've been away a great time here, because a lot of upheaval in my daily life, but it is always with great pleasure that I found your musical ideas. I downloaded the different tracks of this concept .... and I'll try to respond positively to this proposal ....

It is a true challenge ....

Dan
  20. 1231236
    joecramer : Fri 5th Sep 2014 : 3 years ago So, now i did it.

I think this is realy the version that i would offer a friend. So this is the version that i offer YOU.

It is the minimalst version that i could do. All instruments are in the mix and on the place - but not often all at once.

You find Joes MINMAL Master PROXIMAL VICINITY Mix right there:
    https://www.looperman.com/tracks/detail/159814

The version that i have done befor is not bad but i go with THIS into the comp
  21. 592478
    DesignedImpression : Fri 5th Sep 2014 : 3 years ago Hello Bear, Good to see a new comp, focused on the mix and master side of the music. I am not new here though I am one of those that needed to take this course. Still have much to learn and habits to stay clear from within music. I had a try and slowly making its way. Been listening to the other mixes of this track and they sound really good, clear and separated. Found that my levels are crowed and heavy. Could use some directional perceptions as to what I am doing wrong with the mix. Possibly trained my ears in the wrong field of focus for a bit too long.

Here's my entry: https://www.looperman.com/tracks/detail/159816

Thank you for sharing the opportunity. Hope more find time to get involved. The running time for the comp should be sufficient I believe. Peace.
  22. 500098
    ShortBusMusic : Sun 7th Sep 2014 : 3 years ago Dan, it is great to see you back and I look forward to you participating in this little challenge. Designed, it is good to have some of the old guard participate in this....show the newer/younger guys how to do it :) I'm off to give your entry a listen.
  23. 589130
    Spd2 : Mon 8th Sep 2014 : 3 years ago Hola Loopers, first and foremost, I'd like to thank Bear for this incredible competition, this was definitely work ( Bear, you're making me sweat, lol).

Also, this is a magnificent composition, just blew my mind away.

Here's my entry: https://www.looperman.com/tracks/detail/159902

I hope I did justice to this, lol.

PJT
  24. 500098
    ShortBusMusic : Tue 9th Sep 2014 : 3 years ago Pete, it is great to have you jump in on this one, and rise to the occasion like the true pro that you are. This is definitely one of the top to date. Thanks for doing such a great job! You definitely did it justice.
  25. 1314122
    strscottT : Thu 11th Sep 2014 : 3 years ago okay I mixed this song, but I had some problems with the way the track was bounced out of what ever they were using to make the track in.. First, to much compression. second I was not able to put any of my reverb on it cuz most of the tracks had to much reverb on it to begin with, and you shouldn't compress after the reverb on a single track.. I can go on but I'll start with that..
Posts 26 - 50 of 127

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Featured Trap Track