Robin Williams And Michael Brown

Posts 1 - 17 of 17
  1. 486477
    GramoChopin : Wed 13th Aug 2014 : 7 years ago

So another bit of sad news (at least for me) a fav actor/comedian of mine, Robin Williams has committed suicide. And another incident in St. Louis with a man named Michael Brown was shot by police in cold blood. RIP to both of these people, gone way too early and the Michael Brown thing just sounds like another Trayvon Martin tragedy. God bless them and I hope their in a better place, that's all i wanted to say. peace

2. 951439
    Evisma : Wed 13th Aug 2014 : 7 years ago

"The moon, like a testicle, hangs low in the sky"-Robin Williams. Sad.

"the Michael Brown thing just sounds like another Trayvon Martin tragedy"

Trayvon Martin was not trying to fight a cop and take his gun. He was just walking home. In the Michael Brown thing, the cop was wrong for shooting the guy if his hands were up and he was getting on the ground, but after you punch a cop once, expect at least one bullet.

3. 736426
    BEATZMODE : Wed 13th Aug 2014 : 7 years ago

so in saying that is it acceptable to shoot at a cop atleast once if s/he shoots first?.

Rip to both men,seems like to me these cops are becoming to trigger happy,

4. 951439

"so in saying that is it acceptable to shoot at a cop atleast once if s/he shoots first?."

No, nothing like that was even alluded to. When you fight a cop, they are permitted to use deadly force, especially when outnumbered.

If you don't want a bullet in your body, don't force a cop to put one there.

I've had an off duty cop pull a gun on me and friends when one friend spider-webbed the glass entry door to a Steak-n-Shake. They are ready and have been waiting their whole lives to pull their gun and get back at everyone who made fun of them in High School. The off duty cop DELIGHTED in pulling his gun on a bunch of 20 year old punks in front of his wife and kids. Sure he got laid that night.

Don't like the thought of being dead, don't try to take a cop's gun because he then has the right to kill you. This is ubiquitous across all races.

Oh, and stealing tires and rims is not the best thing to do to protest this killing. Looting, not for groceries, but for rims. Video of it on CNN, rims and stereos.

Such a tragedy that I must steal gold rims to show my outrage! Happened in New Orleans too. Those guys got a cop's shotgun in the chest while wading through navel high water stealing everyone's property.

5. 691199
    Modnex : Wed 13th Aug 2014 : 7 years ago

Cops are what's wrong with the world. They literally have a license to kill. Killing someone regardless of the reason is WRONG!!!!! Why is it wrong for someone who is not a police officer to kill someone who they believe did wrong to them, but perfectly okay for a cop to do the same thing? Most cops are people who used to bully other people in school and decided they wanted to that for a living. So what better way to do that, than becoming an officer?

I literally think the governmental system is stupid! I get that the world needs rules in order to run smoothly but who gives anyone the right to play god? The moment the government decided that it was okay to kill people who broke rules that were made by OTHER PEOPLE, is the moment the entire system should have been thrown out the window.

If humans cannot live together in harmony without needing some stupid governmental system to tell us what we can and cannot do then we should all just part our separate ways and avoid other humans who are not family. Humans regardless of race, color, gender or location are equal! But thanks to the government, money system and the rules that were created by the government, that is no longer the case. If you are not a god then you have no right to tell people what they CAN and CANNOT do! That is my two cents on this whole system thing.

(Sorry for the rant, jut very upset!)

6. 147341
    Jeffierenee : Wed 13th Aug 2014 : 7 years ago

i live in st.louis. its a mess out here and I personally know that Ferguson Police dept is really corrupt. They threw me in jail for nothing before and when they did let me go... when they couldnt find anything. they let me out at 2am in the morning and I had a skirt on, on a very dark street. They wouldnt even let me make a phone call or anything and I still dont know why I got picked up and booked... As for the looting riots that going on right now... its a mess... people are scared for their lifes. My grandma is right across the street from here the QT burned down... theres tanks up here and lots of cops everywhere.

7. 847669
    EricMilligan : Wed 13th Aug 2014 : 7 years ago

Not that it has a lot to do with Looperman or music, but I just read a really interesting and insightful New York Times editorial piece on the Michael Brown shooting. Seems that systemic racism has firm roots in Ferguson, Missouri. It is quite disturbing to read about this. I foolishly thought we had moved beyond this kind of situation.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/13/opinion/racial-history-behind-the-ferguson-protests.html?rref=opinion&module=Ribbon&version=context®ion=Header&action=click&contentCollection=Opinion&pgtype=article

8. 951439

"Why is it wrong for someone who is not a police officer to kill someone who they believe did wrong to them, but perfectly okay for a cop to do the same thing?"

You can kill anyone who is trying to kill you, with LIKE FORCE. You may defend yourself with the same force being used against you. If someone comes at you with raised fists, you cannot pull out your gun and shoot them, but you can beat the piss out of them. If someone pulls a gun on you, you can shoot them.

You cannot kill someone for "doing you wrong". That is false. A cop can't shoot a guy for flipping him the finger, but he can baton the hell out of him.

"If humans cannot live together in harmony without needing some stupid governmental system to tell us what we can and cannot do then we should all just part our separate ways and avoid other humans who are not family."

Remove all police presence from the low-income urban areas, and watch it as it becomes a serene landscape of lemonade stands and neighborhood watch programs. The thugs will all have jobs since they're no longer oppressed. GPAs will soar! All the pawn shops and liquor stores will close due to lack of business.

Sounds nice. Let's do it.

9. 268784
    3n0 : Wed 13th Aug 2014 : 7 years ago

well usa is a police state since end of 90's.

10. 691199
    Modnex : Thu 14th Aug 2014 : 7 years ago

Cops shoot and kill innocent citizens all the time, but like celebrities they get a slap on the wrist! You barely hear of police officers going to prison for killing someone just because they felt like it. Look at that guy who got shot and killed by an officer in that train station while he was handcuffed on the ground. That incident got so big that they even made a movie about it called "Fruitvale station", that officer was suppose to be sentenced to 2 years in prison but got 11 months in the county jail and then he was released. If that was anyone else besides an officer of the law, they would have gotten life or at least 30 to 50 years in prison. This world is messed up and needs to change!

11. 486477
    GramoChopin : Thu 21st Aug 2014 : 7 years ago

So, I'm watching this video

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshh8jFH405oiU8RLuDY

And seriously, this guy hasn't been arrested yet? I'm not in St. Louis so I didn't know until I started watching this. That's just outrageous

12. 347760
    PortraitOfABlackHole : Fri 22nd Aug 2014 : 7 years ago

Ya know, every damn industry, including the police, is going to have rotten eggs. EVERY SINGE ONE. Corrupt people will filter their way into every system, calling down the police in general or screaming that "Cops shoot and kill innocent citizens all the time" is as childish as it gets. I laugh when i hear people suggest that we give the police force the boot. I laugh when people call the police a 'legalized gang'. You want to see a gang? Wanna see a corrupt government? Get rid of the police and see how fast north america turns into a wasteland. If you think people will just hold hands and dance in the flowers on their own you are woefully delusional.

Everyone hates the police until they have to call 911.

13. 672953
    Ozzz : Fri 22nd Aug 2014 : 7 years ago

US coppers are useless pigs, I hate them with a passion for all the raping I got, arguing and standing up to them got me more raping. I was deported out of the country like a box. All I wanted to do is see my uncle and his family but not according to the peasant piglets..

Militarization of the police force, sheriff's cruising the suburbs with their M-113 armored APC's, devalued rights..

American law enforcement are disgusting animals, they should be schooled by the Brazilian with compassion and sensitivity training..

14. 817298
    Enzotic : Fri 22nd Aug 2014 : 7 years ago

Agree 100% with MYXD, especially with the last sentence.

15. 316780
    Apieceoftofu : Fri 22nd Aug 2014 : 7 years ago

I'm not sure which I can't stand more... militarized local police departments or people endlessly whining about racism.

16. 691199
    Modnex : Fri 22nd Aug 2014 : 7 years ago

"Cops shoot and kill innocents all the time, is as childish as it gets". You my friend are in DENIAL! There is a billion stories that I can use to support my answer. Like the fruitvale station case, the Eric garner case, the Michael brown case and plenty of others. Even if the cops were called to investigate these people, all three of these folks did not deserve to be killed nor were they armed. Both Eric Garner and Oscar Grant (Fruitvale station case) were on the ground when the police decided to kill them. Oscar Grant was shot while on the ground face down and Eric garner was choked even though he was on the ground. According to new autopsy reports, Michael Brown was killed execution style and was shot at least six times including once in the head. Meaning the officer had no intentions of letting him get out of there alive.

If you believe that any of the officers in this decade are here to protect and serve then you must live in a different world than I or perhaps, you just smoke to much pot. Police officers are people who have power, so what do they do? They abuse that power. Half of these officers are dirtier than the men they put in prison, but because of their title they can get away with their crimes.

You say that this world would be a wasteland if you was to get rid of the police. I say you are wrong. If someone wants to kill bad enough, they're going to do it regardless of the police or not. Do you actually believe that someone who can take someone's life and go about their business normally, would actually care about the police? No my friend, you are getting normal people and psycho's mixed up! Normal people would only do such things if they feared for their lives, which would be seen as self defense. Psychos do it just for the fun of. They lack emotion. Which means they lack social norms and wouldn't care about going to prison. Which is the reason why if we took police out of the equation, things would pretty much be the same. Before you start going on how I'm being childish you should really think things through!

17. 672953
    Ozzz : Fri 22nd Aug 2014 : 7 years ago

Modnex is on the money!

So many more articles parroting the below..

Ohio law enforcement agencies have received nearly 4,900 military assault rifles and 36 mine-resistant vehicles since 2006 under the Department of Defense program that provides surplus military equipment to local police..

These babies will be rolling the streets after the collapse of the US dollar, so many police brutalities and massacres..

Posts 1 - 17 of 17

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.