New Feature - Bass Guitar And Bass Synth Loop Categories Added

Posts 1 - 25 of 27
  1. 1
    Looperman : Wed 23rd Jul 2014 : 2 years ago Following on from this thread

https://www.looperman.com/forum/thread/182166/when-a-bass-is-not-a-bass

I have just added 2 new categories for loops

Bass Guitar & Bass Synth

https://www.looperman.com/loops/cats/royalty-free-bass-guitar-loops-samples-sounds-wavs-download

https://www.looperman.com/loops/cats/royalty-free-bass-synth-loops-samples-sounds-wavs-download

There is also an existing category of Bass Wobble for all the twisted dubstep type sounds

I have not moved any loops from the old bass category and ask that anyone with Bass loops uploaded to move them to the correct place. Eventually the old Bass category should become empty and can then be removed.

I think splitting the bass sounds up is the only way to manage the different types of sounds being uploaded and help avoid anyone looking for a real bass giving up after 100 pages of random dubstep sounds.
  2. 186161
    Spivkurl : Wed 23rd Jul 2014 : 2 years ago That is awesome news! I'm about half way through switching the category on my bass loops. Thanks Shan!
  3. 1
    Looperman : Wed 23rd Jul 2014 : 2 years ago Remember the easy way to find all your own bass loops is to use the search function on the main loops page. add your own name or id number to the search and choose bass loops
  4. 841435
    ValveDriver : Wed 23rd Jul 2014 : 2 years ago So, I'm curious about a technicality. I have Native Instrument's Rickenbacker bass VST. It's 100% synth, but it's all sampled from live Bass guitars, and sounds incredibly real. Would I still put it in the synth category? Or, would I put it in the Bass Guitar category, wherein the description I state that it's made from a synth?
  5. 1
    Looperman : Wed 23rd Jul 2014 : 2 years ago Basically if it sounds like a real guitar put it in bass guitars, if it sounds like a synth go for bass synths and if if sounds like a jumble of bass and synth put it in bass wobble loops
  6. 841435
    ValveDriver : Wed 23rd Jul 2014 : 2 years ago Clear enough. Thanks, man.
  7. 268784
    3n0 : Wed 23rd Jul 2014 : 2 years ago This is good idea but i dont thing it will help with filtering those annoying dupstep "bass sounds".
    At least we will get clean guitar bass section.
  8. 1
    Looperman : Wed 23rd Jul 2014 : 2 years ago it will completely help, thats the whole point
  9. 268784
    3n0 : Wed 23rd Jul 2014 : 2 years ago im confused now?
    bass synth and bass wobble are for things made in vst, bass guitar is for actual bass guitar and vst that sound like actual g.bass, and what about just bass category?
  10. 1
    Looperman : Wed 23rd Jul 2014 : 2 years ago you should no longer see the "bass" category as an option when uploading.

It should be pretty straight forward.

if it sounds like a bass guitar use bass guitar
    if it sounds like a synth / electronic but its a bass line use bass synth
    if it sounds like a box of frogs and is a friend of Skrillex put in in bass wobble loops
  11. 186161
    Spivkurl : Wed 23rd Jul 2014 : 2 years ago ValVedriVer, I'm just wondering (because I've never used it) what makes you say that the Rickenbacker bass VST is 100% synth? I am just thinking if it's samples, then it would be about the same as sampling a bass guitar yourself. Maybe it has a lot of shaping parameters or something? Just curious.
  12. 666289
    FreeRadical : Wed 23rd Jul 2014 : 2 years ago It's a great idea but could we do the same for wind instruments as well? Theres nothing more annoying than looking for trumpets, sax ect and getting a load of synthesized ones. I personally think that all synths should just be under synths regardless of what they are trying to emulate. What say you lot?
  13. 1
    Looperman : Wed 23rd Jul 2014 : 2 years ago if there is a good plan and consistent way to organise things there is nothing stopping us setting clearer categories for other stuff
  14. 666289
    FreeRadical : Wed 23rd Jul 2014 : 2 years ago Well not being a programmer i don't know how much work it would take but the ideal solution would just be to have, say for instance "drums" "synth drums" "bass" "synth bass" "guitar" "synth guitar" ect......
    I think that most people when they search for a trumpet expect a trumpet as opposed to a synthesized one. We can ALL make synthesized ones and there needs to be a way of separating the people who can actually play stuff from the likes of me who just samples.
  15. 841435
    ValveDriver : Wed 23rd Jul 2014 : 2 years ago @Spivkurl

It is sampled bass guitar. But, yes, there are options to shape the sound you get, and which style of amp you're simulating. That's just in the program itself. That's not including the effects you add in the mixer channel.
    Also, I guess I just figure that if I'm not physically plucking away at a 4 string axe, but instead I'm using a keyboard and software to make a bassline, sampled or not, it's considered synthesized...in the truest sense of the word.
  16. 186161
    Spivkurl : Thu 24th Jul 2014 : 2 years ago Interesting Val... I guess that I use samples more like synths no matter what I'm sampling it with, so I see where you are coming from. Just never used that software, so it made me wonder. Thank you for the reply.

More on topic... I guess that being one who doesn't use much for real instruments unless I play them myself, I don't have the same expectations when looking through the loops as FreeRadical. I guess if I hear a real instrument loop that really stands out I like to grab it for later, but I don't usually search them out. I have heard some poorly synthesized instruments in the "real" instrument categories, so I see where that would get annoying.
  17. 1205128
    LivingInSilence : Thu 24th Jul 2014 : 2 years ago What if we keep all our current categories, but as well as that, have two little tick-boxes on the side of the search bar labelled "electronic" and "acoustic", and by ticking one it blocks the other from your search.

So for example, say I wanted to find just a normal saxophone loop, I would tick the "acoustic" box and then select "saxophone loops" as my category, so that way it would search for sax loops but block any electronically produced (synthesized) saxophone loops out of my search.

And obviously if I for some reason wanted a synthesized sax loop, i'd click the "electronic" box so that it blocks out "acoustic" sax loops. Or if I wanted to search for both, I just leave both boxes un-ticked. Make sense?
    (And obviously if you tick both boxes, a message comes up stating your a straight-up bona fide Idiot).

I dunno, just an idea.
  18. 1
    Looperman : Fri 25th Jul 2014 : 2 years ago just to get back on topic regards the bass loops.

Good to see a few have moved their loops into the new categories. Anyone else who has bass loops uploaded could you go through and move yours.

If you have completed moving your bass loops post a message in here to let the world know. It will also help keep this thread in the public eye and speed the move up.

My time is better spent writing new code then moving loops
  19. 186161
    Spivkurl : Fri 25th Jul 2014 : 2 years ago Mine have been relocated. This will be a good change I think.
  20. 951439
    Evisma : Fri 25th Jul 2014 : 2 years ago I've moved my lot to the desired location.
  21. 186161
    Spivkurl : Fri 25th Jul 2014 : 2 years ago Thinking that since "brass" isntruments are all in one category, it would be easy enough to make "brass acoustic" and "brass synth" or something like that. Some of the other "real" instruments are such a specific category that it would be a lot of categories if that was done for each of them. I understand wanting "acoustic" and "electronic" options though, but what about "electroacoustic"?
  22. 951439
    Evisma : Fri 25th Jul 2014 : 2 years ago "two little tick-boxes on the side of the search bar labelled "electronic" and "acoustic", and by ticking one it blocks the other from your search."

I LIKE THIS.
  23. 208341
    drmistersir : Fri 25th Jul 2014 : 2 years ago I hate to be tardy to the party

I just did a vanity search, and I have over 60 'bass' loops
    some are the real thing, strings fret buzz and all... others, well not so much. I feel I would be derelict in my duty to the community if I didn't chip in on the re-categorizing effort, how ever, to do this (I assume throught the edit loop feature) I would have to re-upload the sound...
    there's a problem with that, in that I don't keep all of them...
    so ... ummm ... yeah
    can we try out a re-categorize with out re-upload, Mr. Looperman?
    other wise ... :(
  24. 951439
    Evisma : Sat 26th Jul 2014 : 2 years ago I changed 43 from one to the other without re-uploading, just changed the category and they are all there with no problem. Just change category, click the promise box, and update.
  25. 631933
    MWRatridge : Tue 21st Oct 2014 : 2 years ago cool…great news
Posts 1 - 25 of 27

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Featured Rap Track