See our Outer Space RE-201 emulator By AudioThing Review

When A Bass Is NOT A Bass

Posts 1 - 17 of 17
  1. 1
    Looperman : Tue 22nd Jul 2014 : 6 years ago

On a daily basis I move loops uploaded to the bass category over to the bass wobble category. Although the bass wobble category does not exactly describe whats in there its a far better option then cluttering the bass category with the random drops, wobbles, growls etc that are uploaded every day.

The bass category is for melodic bass lines played on a bass guitar or synth and not for sounds generated by massive or similar plugins and fx

If you are uploading please try and put your sounds in the correct area as it saves me time having to move them afterwards.

What does anyone else have to say about it ?

2. 1048767
    buffalonugaluss : Tue 22nd Jul 2014 : 6 years ago

lol ive been corrected more than once.
    sometimes noises dont seem to "wobble" even though the modulation is what puts it in that category so idk maybe you could make a note on the upload page that explains the wobble from bass even if you aren't loading either.

maybe?maybe no?

3. 186161
    Spivkurl : Tue 22nd Jul 2014 : 6 years ago

Seems like a sensible move. Not sure if I'd single out massive exactly, as some very normal bass sounds can be made with that synth. It's definitely good to have a separate section for wobbles though, as no one wants to listen to all that stuff when they're looking for regular bass lines.

4. 672953
    Ozzz : Tue 22nd Jul 2014 : 6 years ago

Completely agree with Spivvy. Not really a downloader, but I can't imagine the spastic amount of Dubstep loops smothering the rest like a plague. I love Dubstep, but listening to a singular Dubstep loop is mind crippling..

Shan, you should (If you haven't already) give Dubstep it's own subcategories under the loop search. It's definitely going to be the quintessential genre if it hasn't already. Better make it easier now, than to suffer forever!

Tah..

5. 186161
    Spivkurl : Tue 22nd Jul 2014 : 6 years ago

I was thinking about the problem, and though maybe it would be a good idea to make a "bass guitar" category or something. This, along with "bass" and "bass wobble" might give a more specific focus to the uploading and searching. Hopefully, more of what got uploaded to "bass guitar" would be real bass, or at least sampled real bass. The "bass" would hopefully be more non specific, like synth basses and the like. Just a thought.

6. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Tue 22nd Jul 2014 : 6 years ago

The more categories there are the better it will be,but I seriously doubt you'll get any relief from sorting out incorrect entries..there's a certain element that always act in a contrary manner.

7. 672953
    Ozzz : Tue 22nd Jul 2014 : 6 years ago

Perhaps, we should offer Dub-step heads with special treatment and allow their genre to supercede all written laws and place anything Dub-step at the peak of every drop down menu regardless or alphabetical order..

A few years back Hip-Hop was the "polio", then Trap but now Dub-step has smothered the hand that nourishes it. That was a joke..

Enjoy..

8. 208341
    drmistersir : Wed 23rd Jul 2014 : 6 years ago

I thought that those dubstep 'drops' would count as fx...

9. 951439
    Evisma : Wed 23rd Jul 2014 : 6 years ago

A category for bass GUITAR would be awesome!

Would be more awesome if "Bass Guitar" was a selectable genre for the "Tracks" section, though I believe I would be one of the very few to use it.

I'd really like a few "Rock" sub-genres. Prog Rock, Hard Rock.

Not sure if it would be needed since only about 5% of tracks here are any kind of rock.

Probably be best to add EDM sub-genres. Repetitive EDM, Headache EDM, Killyourparents EDM, and the ever elusive, but very real, good EDM.

10. 186161
    Spivkurl : Wed 23rd Jul 2014 : 6 years ago

Bass guitar would definitely be useful for loops. Tracks with this genre would be a pretty barren search result I think. Not a whole bunch of solo bassists out there it seems. Would be cool to hear what ended up there though!

11. 951439

Bass Guitar Tracks was really a joke.

Even the evil soundcloud is pretty sparse when it comes to SOLO bass guitar doing everything in a track. I looked to see if anyone is doing the kind of stuff I'm doing, but it's mostly full band stuff, only under the bass player's account.

I've got 20 or so bass guitar loops here that are lumped in with dubsynth and whatnot, would be cool to have it in a more appropriate place.

12. 951439

"I've got 20 or so bass guitar loops here."

Make that 43

13. 1
  14. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Wed 23rd Jul 2014 : 6 years ago

I'm a bass player and for various reasons haven't made any effort to post bass loops,however seeing as there's now a dedicated bass guitar section for real "human on an instrument bass" that changes things!!! :)

15. 1205128
    LivingInSilence : Wed 23rd Jul 2014 : 6 years ago

What about sub-bass? Is that going to be kept under the 'synth bass' category?

16. 903076
    soundhound : Wed 23rd Jul 2014 : 6 years ago

Well I haven't uploaded any loops for that reason, I wasn't sure where
    it would fit in the loop section...
    Guess I like making Music way more, than just making loops...
    So someone else can make the Music...

Right On......LM... Categories keep things clean and simple...They should
    anyway...But you already know, how some will play it.... :)

17. 672953
    Ozzz : Wed 23rd Jul 2014 : 6 years ago

Sub bass is a synth. Bass guitars and sampled bass guitars goes under the new category..

Posts 1 - 17 of 17

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums