Guitar Riffs

Posts 1 - 25 of 25
  1. 1167076
    paymanak : Mon 23rd Jun 2014 : 8 years ago

I want some guitar riffs plug ins...
    Can anybody give me a link?

2. 831304
    DubTek : Mon 23rd Jun 2014 : 8 years ago

im afraid youll have to go with loops. ive looked at and paid for a few and been disappointed with all of them.

there are some good ones for strings like violins and stuff but guitar soft synths always lacks the emotion a real guitar gives.

In short it always sounds synthy.

Native instruments Guitar rig can conjure up some good sounds. still don't rate it high enough to put in any of my tracks.

i do use guitar rig for some processing and effects though because of its reasonably low latency and high quality out put.

i have found some awesome guitar players on here with some awesome sound quality.

i recommend these users... ( not limited to these three as there are loads of awesome guitar players on here with lots of differnt styles). Id like to make a special mention of nilooy. his timing is pretty exact which makes for easy cutting.

nilooy
    Mooz
    Megapaul

a quick note to guitar players from me;

if your making a loop please don't put loads of effects on it. as dry as possible please. i understand you wrote it to sound a certain way, and i appreciate that. However I cant remove or decrease things like reverb and distortion once you have added them. but i can add them, to my liking, if they aren't there in the first place.

thanks.

3. 831304

oh yeah, if your really set on a guitar vst then go read this

http://www.musicradar.com/news/tech/the-11-best-vst-guitar-amp-effect-modelling-plug-ins-in-the-world-today-427789/11

4. 994534
    Neomorpheus : Mon 23rd Jun 2014 : 8 years ago

Theres a ton of stuff available out there man.
    Not sure what your level of need is here without more details. I agree with DubTek, if you dont play guitar and just want some riffs to add to your mixes then use loops made by those who have already invested the time and money. It will be the simplest and quickest means to go. If your interested in learning and have some considerable time and money to invest then I suggest you look into either 8dio or Shreddage 2. In my opinion they are the best available for realistic guitar at a reasonable price. Guitar Rig and Kontakt are also guitar amp modeling items you will want to supplement with. Google search these names for loads of info on the products and tutorials.

8Dio:
    http://8dio.com/instrument-category/guitars/?gclid=CjgKEAjwoJ-dBRDbjfKN7IzN0FsSJAAP0G_DmkqRJbk9ehe0qeivx98Dcn-kPo9ruji1zQWEC3r_i_D_BwE

Shreddage2:
    http://impactsoundworks.com/products/guitar-and-bass/shreddage-2-absolute-electric-guitar/

5. 994534
  6. 186161
    Spivkurl : Mon 23rd Jun 2014 : 8 years ago

It's fun to tweak synthesizers to sound like guitars too. Takes some effort to sequence them in a believable way, and take some creativity with effects to give it a natural quality.

7. 782612
    40A : Mon 23rd Jun 2014 : 8 years ago

"guitar soft synths always lacks the emotion a real guitar gives" - Dubtek

Me playing with Guitar Samplers in FL Studio:

Taylor 714 Acoustic: http://www.mediafire.com/listen/2vx11mdlbvaxvfk/dat+taylor(2).wav

Alhambra Luthier Acoustic Classical 5P: http://www.mediafire.com/listen/01ccp1as9e4x119/dat+alhambra.wav

------

Couldn't disagree more. Those are both softwares

8. 782612
    40A : Mon 23rd Jun 2014 : 8 years ago

http://www.amplesound.net/en/index.asp

9. 831304

"Couldn't disagree more. Those are both softwares" 40A

you can tell its software...

thats the problem... although i freely admit that those sound better than my attempts. its still no real guitar.

10. 782612
    40A : Tue 24th Jun 2014 : 8 years ago

They are literally modeled, sound-for-sound, pluck-for-pluck after the instruments themselves. Nothing about them in synthesized aside from the fact that the sound comes out of a software.

There's a lot of things i could've done to make them both sound "live". But both of them had settings set to DEFAULT, think about that. No EQ, No FX (although they start with some on like the Alhambra) you can turn them off, i just did a demo.

Simply adjusting the mic position and stereo settings gives them ridiculous sound.

Point being, those are real guitar sounds, and there are real guitar physical based samplers in the world. You don't need to be a guitar player to achieve the same effect. Give me enough time and i can best the majority of the guitar loops here lb for lb with just my software.

Challenge.

11. 831304
    DubTek : Tue 24th Jun 2014 : 8 years ago

you simply cant convince me that you can make a sample of a guitar sound better than a real guitar.

its not about the real guitar sounds. its about the heart, the feeling, the fucking emotion.

you cant match that and no amount of challenging will change that for me.

however, i will say again i think your loops above sound awesome and are very good.

12. 782612

Could you tell me the difference between someone putting "heart" into digital production over someone who puts "heart" into a live performance?

Why do people believe they're any different? It's the same concept. "Input = Output" no matter what field of expertise you're in. Sure, there are calibers of musician that i'd personally never be able to emulate, like Estas Tonne. But at the same time, they're already people who map out entire classical symphonies note-for-note as midi.

There are masters and mastery's for both.

13. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Tue 24th Jun 2014 : 8 years ago

Guitar emulating software has come along in leaps and bounds and if your a good enough keyboard player or are savvy enough to fully channel the software's nuances the end result can be pretty mind blowing...of course no one is ever going to replace the likes of Tommy Emanuel or Segovia however for the keyboard player it's a total win win situation..People don't question the veracity of drum software anymore why should guitar be any different.

14. 782612

What PBJ said.

I didn't mean to get into a debate, but i just wish people would stop trying to separate the two "styles". I call them styles, because at the end of the day we're all musicians...it's just a matter of which canvas we prefer to paint on.

I agree, picking up a guitar and feeling it's warm nostalgic maple or mahogany embrace is a much different use of sensory stimulation than from someone who merely places notes on a pianoroll.

However, on the same token, people who stare at pianorolls/playlists all day have a much more refined set of perceptions and technical understanding of how different instruments should sound. You may have to overcome mechanical, physical and handling technique, but we have to over come analytical, articulation and humanization techniques as well.

Sitting at a baby grand and gliding your fingers across it's soft ivory keys does all the articulation, technical and mechanical know-how by itself. You don't need to program velocity, you don't need to program note-lengths, you don't need to program expressions, depth of sound, position , articulation, reverb, etc

Digital producers have to do ALL of that, as WELL as know how instrument should naturally sound like.
    We're on the same side on the country. We are no different.

15. 1205128
    LivingInSilence : Tue 24th Jun 2014 : 8 years ago

^ Amen to that.

16. 828980
    Burtsbluesboxes : Tue 24th Jun 2014 : 8 years ago

Totally agree!!! Being one who creates both ways! :D ImpendingDoom(has since changed his name) used to to create some pretty damn good synthesized guitar songs, sounded real to me.

17. 831304

disagree completely.
    the best digital producer cant match the best guitarist...

i can play guitar badly... im okay at producing... dont think i could get the same sounds and emotion out of a synth that i could out of a guitar.

18. 1205128

OMFG, dude yes, it is very difficult (if not impossible) to get a synth to perfectly replicate a guitar. But we're kinda not talking about that anymore, we're talking about SAMPLING.

I'm not sure if you're aware of this but sampling allows you to literally take every single sound a guitar can make and than rearrange it at will. So every chord, every pluck of a string, every time you slide your finger up a guitar string (whatever that noise is called), you can put that in your computer and use that to create a 'guitar' riff that sounds EXACTLY like a real guitar.

When you sample something, you're taking the LIVE noise of something. Therefore, if arranged well, it will sound the same as actually playing the instrument live (if you don't factor in acoustic reverb).

So yes, you CAN'T get a synth that'll sound exactly like a guitar. But you CAN get (or make your own) SAMPLES that sound exactly like the real thing because they technically ARE the real thing. Like, how do you think vocaloids exist? Or are you going to tell me that "they don't sound like real humans"?...

19. 1205128

Soz that was way aggressive. It's just;
    "the best digital producer cant match the best guitarist."
    Got me fired up.

20. 831304

Dude. When it comes to guitars it's true.

21. 672953
    Ozzz : Tue 24th Jun 2014 : 8 years ago

The samples are real, but the playability is straight out nothing like the real thing. You might convince most when it's played in the mix, but as soon as you solo the samples, pff..

You can do the runner with the acoustic guitar, but the electric guitar sounds like it was made in the piano roll regardless of how many keyswitches you slap, again you can get away in the mix but solo the electric and you have problems. Those audio demos on the VST makers websites are all questionable, the rats record the real thing and push it like it was sample based. I'd like to see an audio video of their demo tracks and their DAWs..

LivingInSilence,

The best keyboard guitarist might play better than the guitarist himself, but the guitar player has a real guitar - Samples are jumbled sounds that don't react with eachother..

Paymanak,

Check out the makers below.
    Orange Tree Samples - Strawberry Guitar
    Vir2 - Acoustic Legends HD
    Vir2 - Electr6ty
    Vir2 - Acou6tic
    MusicLab - Real Guitar
    MusicLab - Real Strat
    MusicLab - Real LPC

They're all top guitar samples I have sitting around. Try the MusicLab series, it's the easiest. Electr6ty is great but better if you're an octopus, it has a keyswitch for every little string sound and noise - nothings automated..

22. 782612

Honestly i'm new to composing western country, so i'll admit i'm not entirely there yet with the Taylor 714. Although i really love it's brilliance. As for the Alhambra, i'm familiar with that type of spanish,victorian, european play and honestly if you took an EQ to it and moved the mic around it would sound 10000% natural.

But anyway.

23. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Tue 24th Jun 2014 : 8 years ago

If your Jordan Rudess playing a Korg Oasys you can successfully emulate a guitar,as the original poster wanted a few riffs I think a lot of guitar software can do that adequately..being a guitar player myself I don't have a problem with what people choose to use be it playing a conventional instrument or computer based producing,it's always going to be a work in progress,nobody is ever going to get to the stage where they can arbitrarily dictate what the rest of us should do,music has a habit of turning the conventional on it's head time after time.

24. 486477
    GramoChopin : Tue 24th Jun 2014 : 8 years ago

I agree with my bro Dubtek to an extent. I don't think software can duplicate any instrument to it's exact nature and quality.

However, technology is always soaring and improving so it's not impossible. Imagine the plugins, software, and hardware we'll have 10 years from now. It'll probably be mindblowing, and I'm sure there are some good plugins out right now.

This is why i want to learn to master the piano. Soon everything might be straight tech based, and digital artists can play any instrument they want through a DAW. Ultimately paving the way for digital artists to almost taking over natural playing artists who pick up a instrument and learn physically.

Basically, you learn the piano and you have virtually mastered any possible instrument. (*hint hint- Almost all digital artists use keyboards) In a digital way at least ha. And of course us digital artists also need to be aware of at least the basics in the technical aspects of creating music. (Audio engineering in shorter terms) Which is a entirely different ball game.

I digress though, even with all this technology and fancy gadgets you can't compare to that feeling of sitting down and playing a real instrument. And every instrument is different for the most part, so that's whole another skillset in itself to actually LEARN these instruments for real.

25. 1414881
    BradoSanz : Wed 14th Jan 2015 : 7 years ago

I have yet to hear a guitar plugin that can replicate this guitar sample's simple strumming pattern:

https://www.looperman.com/loops/detail/79884

Though at the same time, the opposite can be argued about some things. Skip to 1:17 to see what I mean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CjGN0F0C4w

I don't know if posting YT links is allowed, but no harm is intended here.

Anyhow, I find that some digital instruments are only good when it comes to things like plucking and finger-picking. Reproducing the sound of a naturally-strummed guitar is much more difficult because the variability of velocity and placement of the pick/finger on each individual string is so unique, its extremely hard to emulate in a digital process. That said, both are still great tools to work with. If used correctly, a digital instrument can end up fitting better into a track than the real thing. Its all really in how it is used.

Posts 1 - 25 of 25

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.