Big Room House Is An Embarrassment To Electronic Music

Posts 51 - 55 of 55
  1. 794457
    DeadStringer : Wed 16th Jul 2014 : 7 years ago

I have no idea what you guys are talking about...isn't music an art; a means a self-expression that is to experienced by the performer, with little regard to the requirements of the listener?
    No...wait, that's what music is to me. Sorry to waste your time. I'd forgotten that the aim of music (assuming that there is one) is to appropriate superiority over peers by exceeding their technical ability and creativity.

2. 951439
    Evisma : Wed 16th Jul 2014 : 7 years ago

"superiority over peers"

I see you have a firm hold of this concept.

3. 666289
    FreeRadical : Thu 17th Jul 2014 : 7 years ago

Happy hardcore is art with a capital F closely followed (through) by big room house.

4. 293573
    Spudsy : Thu 17th Jul 2014 : 7 years ago

Why aren't some people intelligent enough to get music?

Getting on a hate train about genre's of music says more about your closed mindedness then it does about the music genre.

Edm serves a purpose to some people, not to you obviously but thats the point of music. To appeal to whomever feels moved by it.

Who are we to argue with that!

I love progressive house which is a little edm'ish but edm itself doesbt really do it for me.. thats fine.. I can cope with that. All music will have its time in the spotlight. When its your favourites turn lets hope some closed minded fool doesn't rip the shit out of you for it eh!!

5. 1095400
    AnalogDisc : Thu 17th Jul 2014 : 7 years ago

When u say progressive house I mean the early deadmau5 (well first an second album) Kaskade, Adam K & Soha etc just the most popular ones, not that "progressive house" 11 y.o. children fooling around with 100.000$ worth hardware... Big Room House is good for a festival a few years ago they called some track like "festival mix" or "festival edit" mot a whole genre.
    The genre EDM is little popular these days, but it not covers what its mean. EDM means ELectronic Dance Music and it could mean Deep-,Tech-, Electro-HOuse and all other genres which is made for dancing, but someone just won`t swallow (me neither) is that Martin Garrix is in the EDM just like Tiesto (who is really disturbs me now...) or Carl Cox... Anyway I really like EDM (which I`m trying to produce), but not BRH. Why? Because its dead and there is no innovation and that`s why Deep House coming up lately, which is really good!!! Of course BRH won`t disappear stays @ festivals well at least I hope, the only problem is there is too much festivals lately and DeepHouse can`t hold the festival feel. I`m out...

PS: Sorry for my idiotic english...

Posts 51 - 55 of 55

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.