Big Room House Is An Embarrassment To Electronic Music

Posts 26 - 50 of 55
  1. 1100958
    cosmicinfluence : Fri 13th Jun 2014 : 8 years ago

it really should static and also u should have to listen wiht the big light on....

2. 666289
    FreeRadical : Fri 13th Jun 2014 : 8 years ago

Ok so we've established that big room house isn't the best but is it worse than happy hardcore?
    That stuff just sounds like the telly tubbies on speed.

3. 186161
    Spivkurl : Fri 13th Jun 2014 : 8 years ago

crucethus - I get where you're coming from, but I actually was intending on banging a snare drum for a while... easy buddy...

FreeRadical - Are you being serious? Happy hardcore had some awesome artists back in the day, though I'm not sure about now. Here's one I'd recommend... and I'm actually surprised it was so easy to find this old stuff....

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=160646

4. 186161

SpeedMeUp 2 and New Beat 2 are some of my faves on that page.

5. 666289

I hate happy hardcore i think mainly because the label i worked for did this series called Bonkers which i think ran for 9 editions. I hated every single one of them. It just sounds like fairground music gone wrong to me.

6. 186161

Okay, I just had to be sure you weren't in your joking mood. I agree some of it is pretty crappy. I guess I have a special place for it somewhere in there because of it's tracker related history. That said, I suck at making it and always have. I've heard of that Bonkers thing before, wasn't it pretty mainstream?

7. 666289

Mainstream? No it was just plain shit and here's a link to prove it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZT_q4HczXWU

I rest my case.

8. 186161

Well, yeah, at least the intro is really freeking bad. Okay, yep the female vocals are pretty crap too. I was mostly into hardcore in my pre-X phase, so maybe that was my problem. so so so so sober. Still like DJ Jordan K tho.

9. 666289

Hardcore was brilliant. I love all that old classic 90's breakbeat stuff. It was just ruined by that happy hardcore shite. I think it's a lot worse than big room house (not to say that doesn't suck as well but if we're talking about embarrasing EDM music then happy hardcore has to be right up there amongst the worst)

10. 1194033
    Venturi : Fri 13th Jun 2014 : 8 years ago

Dude, that song is atrocious. I don't get how someone can produce that and then be happy with the final result.

11. 186161

Maybe because "happy" is in the name of the genre? That way you can be happy with it no matter how crap it is.

12. 666289

I think crappy piss poor would have been a better name for it. What's even more worrying is they did 9 albums of that shite. Who the hell bought it?

13. 1194033
    Venturi : Fri 13th Jun 2014 : 8 years ago

That's actually pretty sad. Wow.

14. 1201946
    PackManDubstep : Fri 13th Jun 2014 : 8 years ago

BRM- Cash Cash
    Hardstyle vs. Hardcore? Hardstyle, obviously.
    Hardstyle- Headhunterz or Wildstyle.

Look them up.

15. 1201946
    PackManDubstep : Fri 13th Jun 2014 : 8 years ago

I meant BRH.

16. 486477
    GramoChopin : Fri 13th Jun 2014 : 8 years ago

@ Freeradical thank you. You have uplifted the hopes for my music by posting something 10x worse. I couldn't even really listen to that.

17. 365820
    WongKiShoo : Sat 14th Jun 2014 : 8 years ago

They made and released 9 albums?? o.O

It amazes me how much good music gets overlooked and then crap like that gets released.. even today..

18. 666289
    FreeRadical : Sat 14th Jun 2014 : 8 years ago

@wonki - thats 9 albums while i was at the label. There might have been even more. Sharkey doesn't play that crap anymore thankfully but i can't vouch for Hixxy, Dougal and Sy. It really is just shockingly abysmal and i just hope that whoever went out raving to it had some bloody good drugs.
    @ Gramo - No problem for giving you a boost of confidence and i highly reccomend to anyone who's writing stuff they're not happy with to listen to a few tracks from Bonkers. I guarantee that you'll feel like the next Paul Oakenfold in comparison.

19. 174317
    smallpaul : Sat 14th Jun 2014 : 8 years ago

How do you make hardcore, happy core or hard house sound even sh#*er?? Get some #&*t to 'mc' over it!! Ta daa!

20. 666289
    FreeRadical : Sat 14th Jun 2014 : 8 years ago

Hardcore? Old school hardcore is the best and spawned one of the best dance acts of all time.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkGwaM8MW8M

21. 174317
    smallpaul : Sat 14th Jun 2014 : 8 years ago

More break beat than the hardcore I know and hate, to be honest.

22. 316780
    Apieceoftofu : Sun 13th Jul 2014 : 7 years ago

oh my god. im glad im not the only one that absolutely despises big room vomit and the prole American college kid bandwagoners that listen to it. having attended my first EDM show ever this past spring, which happened to be riddled with big room garbage, I can attest to the fact that these kids simply go to these concerts as an excuse to do rave drugs and they don't actually have any real preferences towards the music besides it being loud with heavy bass.

my main problem with bigroom is the way it kills the energy from the buildups with these suddenly quiet, stale, a-melodic, heavily reverbed woodblocks rythms. It takes all the euphoria of a massive lead tearing through a euphoric melody and replaces it with a lame, energy sapping percussion-only section. truly the worst thing to happen to EDM since the highly pitch-bent leads of Dirty Dutch House.

23. 666289
    FreeRadical : Sun 13th Jul 2014 : 7 years ago

Fair enough. But i still maintain that happy hardcore is the worst (even the name is a really stupid contradiction)

24. 1005582
    PRINCELECTRO : Sun 13th Jul 2014 : 7 years ago

Big room is just a "EVERYBODY F*CKING JUMP" music... clubs, nights, drinks.. thats it. people wanna dance and forget their troubles in the club and big room is good for this.

25. 316780
    Apieceoftofu : Sun 13th Jul 2014 : 7 years ago

Hell, I can't even jump / dance to big room. I have to hear a sick melody to be inspired to muzz like a mofo. Since when has a-melodic drivel been good for dancing?

Posts 26 - 50 of 55

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.