Comments For Loops

Posts 1 - 25 of 42
  1. 102056
    Dj4Real : Thu 22nd May 2014 : 7 years ago

I really wish there was a way to require comments to download loops. If a comment is all I get for a loop/loops that I spent my time making and then sharing, then I think a comment isn't asking much.

2. 588276
    StaticNomad : Thu 22nd May 2014 : 7 years ago

I totally agree. That's available for tracks so why not loops?

Seems like an easy thing for Looperman to fix.

I still have serious difficulty understanding why people make and just give away loops to people they don't know with possibly no way of finding out how those loops are ever used.

I keep all my own loops for use in my own music. That's not selfish - just the obvious thing to do with stuff I make. It's my job to find ways to use it all - not give up and let other people do something with it/them.

Even when people briefly explain why they give away loops, I still don't get it.

3. 186161
    Spivkurl : Thu 22nd May 2014 : 7 years ago

It is an interesting suggestion, but at the same time, one must realize that free to use loops is pretty much what this site is based on. It's a lot of what brings new users here too. There is always the risk of gibberish comments, or just a useless comment to meet the requirement. I suppose it would be a nice option to have, but I don't know if I would use it.

4. 486477
    GramoChopin : Thu 22nd May 2014 : 7 years ago

I feel ya man, but it's just not like that. Especially around here, alot of people just take and never give. People are just selfish. Even if the loop was set up like that, your downloads would probably drop significantly. Same problem I have with uploading tracks sometimes, I always give more reviews out than i get reviews in from others.

I try not to let it bother me or say much, but it gets frustrating after a while. Especially when i work really hard on a track and nobody says anything. I also see a bit of favoritism sometimes around here, but maybe it's because I don't spend alot of time promoting and getting my tracks out there. But I'm just not the type of person to spam my tracks down someones throat saying "LISTEN TO MY TRACKS PLEASE." I leave the choice up to the listener and the their own free will. And a bit of word of mouth.

And if I remember, I've seen your loops around here for a while. I've probably downloaded some of yours in my infant stages producing. I've been through a few profiles and really I've probably been on this site for as long as you. Maybe 4-6 years, but I'll check some of your loops out man. I'm sure you got some new stuff to give some feedback on

5. 102056

Maybe there could be a limit of loops someone can get with out leaving a comment.

6. 186161

I much prefer the comments I get AFTER someone has used the loop in question, especially if it includes a link to the work. Sometimes this can take a long time to show up, even years. Those aren't the kind of comments you would get when requiring a comment for download.

7. 102056

Getting comments help me to gage what people want me to make more of. I use very little of the loops I post here... The majority of the loops I use, I never release.

8. 186161

That makes sense for sure. I guess when I make loops to distribute, it's mainly whatever I feel like making, not so much based on what people want.

Maybe it could help to write more in depth descriptions, or ask in the descriptions for comments?

9. 588276

This is an excellent point:

"I much prefer the comments I get AFTER someone has used the loop in question, especially if it includes a link to the work. Sometimes this can take a long time to show up, even years. Those aren't the kind of comments you would get when requiring a comment for download."

10. 907685
    Blueeskies : Thu 22nd May 2014 : 7 years ago

I only upload stuff that I would never use. So I'm not really bothered about comments on my loops. However, it would be nice to get some feedback here and there.

11. 817298
    Enzotic : Thu 22nd May 2014 : 7 years ago

I find satisfaction in the number of downloads I get for a loop. It would be nice to listen to what others do with a loop though.

12. 189474
    ImproveWithError : Thu 22nd May 2014 : 7 years ago

Personally I don't need someone to comment on my loops, most of the loops I have created I intended to use for myself but when I didn't do anything with them I uploaded them in case someone else can get some use out of them. Like Spivkurl said I much prefer to get a message after it has been used. Also, people are lazy I think they would bypass the download or would give a quick message with no merit just to get the loop.

Kyle

13. 666289
    FreeRadical : Thu 22nd May 2014 : 7 years ago

@improve with error. You know that. "Hey buddy, great loop!"
    copy/paste etc.........

14. 588276

FreeRadical:

Or just have about 5 variations of "Great loop, bro!" for extra subtlety.

Some might say there's not really much else to say about most loops. It's hardly a track review so I'm not sure how much depth you can really expect anyway.

Never forget that people routinely leave "Nice track, bro" types of reviews on complex, in-depth tracks that have taken a great deal of time and thought to put together (eg most of mine though not only mine, of course).

But I still reckon that if you can apply the 'download only after comment' feature to a track, it's only fair that you should be able to do the same for a loop.

15. 666289

Good point. how could you do an in depth review of a loop?
    Well the first beat of this four to the floor loop was great, the second beat was even better, it fell apart on the third kick but the fourth was just uber cool! Not to mention the crispness of the off beat hi hat.
    I have the felling that this subject has just become a complete mockery of it's self.
    Ha ha!

16. 1095400
    AnalogDisc : Thu 22nd May 2014 : 7 years ago

Hey ya folks!

I agree about this, BUT! It will the comment line look like this:

laskdjflkasdfgkalsdgf

sakjdaskdf

slakdfhlaskjdfh

and the downloads are counting and counting...
    So I think we should leave the whole thing. If someone want to comment he/she will... This is mi opinion!

Badaboop Cheeers!

17. 1095400
    AnalogDisc : Thu 22nd May 2014 : 7 years ago

@FR

Laughing like hell! :D :D :D

18. 588276

Yo, FreeRad - Maybe I will try to write a lengthy essay on a single 6 second d'n'b break that someone has put up as a loop.

Actually, that's already been done. Here's some dude's sort of cultural essay on the Amen break, perhaps the most famous break ever. Well worth listening to.

DJ4Real should invite this guy to check out his loops!

Video explains the world's most important 6-sec drum loop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SaFTm2bcac

19. 666289

Jesus wept! He made his point within the first five minutes. Does he seriously just b0ll0ck on about that Amen break for another 15 minutes? I'd hate to think what he'd be like at a dinner party. He's the sort of bloke that would go on about steam engines for hours and hours whilst all the other dinner guests start vomiting blood.
    I do admit that it's an interesting fact to know, but all i need to know has already been covered. I shall listen to the rest of it when i next have an attack of insomnia.

20. 588276

FreeRad: yeah, he does go on a bit but it's still an interesting little thing to hear. Quite something to think that that one drum break has arguably spawned a good few dance genres.

That's incredible, when you think about it.

Of course, you could do the same thing for that other exceptionally famous drum break: the Funky Drummer one by Clyde Stubblefield (James Brown).

21. 172885
    Unknown User : Thu 22nd May 2014 : 7 years ago

Against the idea for a couple of reasons:
    - While the occasional comment for providing content is nice and appreciated, if hundreds of people were to do it every day then comments which feature links to songs with that sample in might get lost among the clutter.
    - I automatically assume that anyone who likes content I've provided enough to download it is grateful for being able to do so. The download count suffices as a virtual 'thumbs-up'/acknowledgement of gratitude.
    - Might not mean too much at first, but imagine the amount of space the website will need in a few years when you've got millions of comments with variations of 'thanks', 'cheers', 'downloaded'?
    Anyhow, all that's just personal preference. If it was implemented I'd appreciate an option to opt-out

22. 1205128
    LivingInSilence : Thu 22nd May 2014 : 7 years ago

This wouldn't work. I already had a few people leaving meaningless comments such as (and I quote): "..nht" JUST so they can download my tracks (probably to claim them as their own, I don't even doubt it).

If we forced people to comment... Just imagine how much spam there would be... And honestly I think people should stop being butthurt about loops anyway. It is inevitable that people will use them without letting you know so just accept that. If you don't like it than don't post loops here.

23. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Thu 22nd May 2014 : 7 years ago

I just had a look at your comments in for Loops,the last one was "Nice loop homie" and the last comment in for your tracks was "Nice track bro".......I sense a certain poetic justice here.

24. 274814
    ChaosInAction : Thu 22nd May 2014 : 7 years ago

Lol PJB "true dat!"(sic) - agreed with Nate and others that comments on loops wont serve any purpose other than to clutter a feed. If anything it is more likely to dissuade users from downloading a loop. Hearing a mix or track using your own loop is always a great way to gauge if your loops are getting out there but that being said sharing is caring, expecting something in return defeats the point of putting it up in the first place...

25. 102056

Not leaving my loops sounds like the best advice... Thanks for the comments on this thread. Damn, just saved me tons of time.

Posts 1 - 25 of 42

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.