See our Outer Space RE-201 emulator By AudioThing Review

Spivkurl Nightr8 Remix Kit Available

Posts 1 - 25 of 123
  1. 186161
    Spivkurl : Wed 21st May 2014 : 7 years ago

Hey there everyone!

In the last day or so, I created a remix kit for my newest song "Nightr8". The kit is available here;

http://www.mediafire.com/download/tp65t9dtb7fc7dw/Spivkurl_Nightr8_Remix_Stems.zip

All the stems are in wav format, and were created in loop form. This song is in the key F# minor, and the tempo is 130 BPM. Tried to export a good sampling of the elements of this song.

Also included in the zip file is the Nightr8 Deconstruction Mix, which I created using only the provided stems. No effects were used to make the mix save for some simple mastering. Mainly just to check that all the stems worked well, but I think it sounds pretty cool.

Here's the link to the original mix if you haven't heard it yet;

https://www.looperman.com/tracks/detail/156025

Please, if you do a remix, link me up to the final product. I would love to hear them!

Thanks much

2. 1201983
    RenzWilde : Thu 22nd May 2014 : 7 years ago

I'm working on it right now! It's my first remix and im having a blast :)

3. 224104
    Mosaic : Thu 22nd May 2014 : 7 years ago

Hey friend

Tried listening to piece on your profile, net bad so will get back there and give it a listen when net better, NEVER done a remix but might give this one ago...Looking forward to the listen on your profile and remixing, should be a hoot...

Peace
    Mosaic

4. 666289
    FreeRadical : Thu 22nd May 2014 : 7 years ago

Downloaded it and im working on it already, nice one spiv.
    FR

5. 186161
    Spivkurl : Thu 22nd May 2014 : 7 years ago

Awesome, thank you my friends for taking a stab at this remix! I'm very eager to hear a variety of mixes for this song! Have fun!

6. 268784
    3n0 : Thu 22nd May 2014 : 7 years ago

I try my best.
    https://www.looperman.com/tracks/detail/156148

Hope you like it.

7. 1201983
    RenzWilde : Sat 24th May 2014 : 7 years ago

Well, It's done. This is my very first remix and what I discovered is I LOVE doing remixes. I had a blast doing it.

https://www.looperman.com/tracks/detail/156186

8. 224104
    Mosaic : Sat 24th May 2014 : 7 years ago

Hey mate

This is my remix of your stem's, hope done them justice, first ever remix so hoping all is good:

Link to track:https://www.looperman.com/tracks/detail/156192

PS: Uploaded track to my personal music website so friends can listen to it, that are not members here, hope that's okies friend...

Peace and thanks
    Mosaic

9. 787945
    JJWeekz : Sat 24th May 2014 : 7 years ago

Poppin in to say this is really cool!! Loving the original and all the remixes!! It's so neat to hear how each person interprets the same pieces!

10. 666289
    FreeRadical : Sat 24th May 2014 : 7 years ago

I have also finished but i'm not posting it just yet. I only just put up a new track and besides, we don't want to saturate the playlist with nitra8 remixes all at once. They'll have to change the name of the site to Nitra8 man.

11. 186161
    Spivkurl : Sat 24th May 2014 : 7 years ago

I want to thank everyone who has contributed a remix so far! Will be taking a listen to the two newest ones a little later, when there's no one sleeping nearby and after going to the farmer's market. It's very cool seeing the good reactions to the mixes!

BTW, contrary to popular opinion, I was not drunken when recording this track, ha ha! I can see why people would think so though. Trying to get away from that. Sort of like using autotune, drinking is just one more thing between the real me and my awesome listeners. Can't guarantee I didn't smoke a bowl or something in studio though... heh.

Again, thank you to everyone involved!

12. 224104
    Mosaic : Sat 24th May 2014 : 7 years ago

not drunk lol

13. 186161

ha ha...

14. 231850
    Diskonnect : Sat 24th May 2014 : 7 years ago

Here's my attempt:

https://www.looperman.com/tracks/detail/156204

Thanks for letting us remix one of your tracks again! The stems for this were really fun to work with and good quality too! :)

15. 666289

Better late to the party than never but here's my offering.
    Are you sure you weren't pi$$ed when you did that Pat?

https://www.looperman.com/tracks/detail/156205

16. 186161

Okay, back from getting produce and watering the plants...

I've heard all that were posted, and I really want to thank everyone who has gotten involved! This is by far the best remix kit experience I've had, and as far as I remember this is like the 8th or 9th kit I've released publicly, so that means a lot to me!

All of the remixes so far are very very cool! I think these remixes really show how far independent music has come in recent years, especially in the Looperman community. A lot of talent to be found here, whether it be long time members, or brand new contributors.

You've all done excellent work! Makes me want to gather these and release an old school remix EP or something... we'll see.

Anyway, just wanted to express my gratitude to everyone!

And no FR, I've just been high on life a lot recently. I think the drunken vibe of the vocals comes from trying to give an artificial feel to my singing, sort of what I used to use autotune for. Kind of a deformed natural vibrato. Sounds strange, but there it is... People asked me not to use autotune, and it's all falling into place nicely!

17. 666289

I agree, autotune just sounds like what it is. I find that effect grating for some reason, like fingernails down a chalk board. In fact they could make a new Nightmare on Elm street film and make Freddie sing at his victims through autotune. It would be far scarier than that finger knife scraping thing.
    But anyway, It was a good laugh remixing that track, I think we should do it more often.
    I might even do one myself (if i ever write a track without purchased samples in it)

18. 1201983

"Makes me want to gather these and release an old school remix EP or something... we'll see."

@ Spivkurl Yes, do it! haha

Again, I wanna say what a blast I had remixing this track and having more fun hearing all the other remixes. Some talented people on this site. I'm glad to be a part of it and looking forward to getting to know more about you guys.

19. 1201983

@ FreeRadical

"But anyway, It was a good laugh remixing that track, I think we should do it more often.
    I might even do one myself"

Man, I hope you get around to doing it. I'm just getting to know different people's music on this site since im still a noobie but I enjoy your stuff. Whatever you'd put together would be cool and I'd luv to be a part of it!

20. 186161

I'd be all over a remix kit of your FreeRadical! Go for it!

21. 666289

The trouble is i use a lot of loops bought from places like prime loops and loopmasters. If i post them up as remix material i could end up getting sued or something, so i could only upload the parts that i've written myself which would only consist of half a remix.
    However, i am working on something at the moment which currently has no rip offs in it (except one from here which i'm not too sure about and i'll probably remove anyway)
    I'll keep you posted.
    By the way Pat, Is that mediafire thing free to use or do you have to pay for it?

22. 186161

You can get a free mediafire account, and as far as I know that's still 50 GB... not bad for free. A-Drive is okay, but not quite as sleek. I thought that once you paid for loops you could use them however... maybe I'm wrong.

23. 666289

That's just it i'm not too sure. When you buy them there's one of those terms and conditions things that nobody ever reads so next time i buy some i'll actually read it to see if it's ok. The fact that there IS a terms and conditions thing makes me think it's not ok otherwise why bother having a terms and conditions thing. I'm guessing it's the same as sharing music, as in i'm allowed to use it because i paid for it but don't give them away to other people or we'll f**k you up the Gary Glitter.

24. 666289

And curses for using a full stop where i should have put a question mark. That's more foolish than Lance Armstrong.
    Which reminds me of something pointless but rather amusing....
    You know that track by Louis Armstrong, "We have all the time in the world"? Well not so long ago that was playing on my friends stereo and another friend of mine said "Oh i love this track, Neil Armstrong" Ha ha! What makes it even better is that it was the Fun Loving Criminals version anyway lol lol and thrice lol.

25. 1201983

I've read the terms and conditions of loop packs (im nerdy that way) and you can use them any way you want for commercial or private use. Meaning you can use them for projects or to make money, how ever you want to use them.

What you CAN'T do is distribute the loops for profit. So basically, you can't buy a loops pack and redistribute the loops, whole or in part, for financial gain.

So the way I see it, if you are sharing loops peer-to-peer, not for profit but for creative reasons with no financial gain, that's cool. So including purchased loops in a remix kit to share with other people with no money involved seems perfectly fine to me. That's my take on it.

Does that make any sense?

Posts 1 - 25 of 123

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums