Emmy Award Winning Poet Seeks EDM Producers

Posts 1 - 13 of 13
  1. 428258
    Writenow921 : Mon 12th May 2014 : 8 years ago

Hey all,
    For those of you who don't know me already,
    I am an Emmy Award winning spoken word artist, who has appeared on multiple stations such as HBO, CW, PBS, etc.

As a challenge, I wrote a rap song about that moment when you have to stop and ask yourself, "How did I get so drunk?"

I am looking for a producer to turn the Acapella into a hit track.
    It will be included in my Free Music Fridays project, and your music will be promoted at all of my concerts this summer. Ton of publicity.

Thank you, the link is below,

Matthew

https://www.looperman.com/acapellas/detail/5863

2. 951439
    Evisma : Tue 13th May 2014 : 8 years ago

Do people still not know how they got drunk?

Listened to your acapella. Made me angry. Delivery was fine, the lyrics were so pointless. I expected much more from a poet, especially after the shameless introduction.

Divine Comedy. Iliad. Odyssey. Poetry. You could have spoken a little Herman Melville into a mic for a bit and got some huge praise out of me!

Hate to be a hater, but I thought your track would actually have something to say beyond 'gettin these bitches drunk'.

I'm sure a lot of people like what you do, and I can't say much about lyrics because my tracks have none. Please direct me to something of yours that is more intelligent and more Emmy award winning and worthy of praise. I would love to give you something more positive. I got excited when I saw the posting, then I listened, frustration is driving the keyboard now. I apologize for the negativity man, but it feels like a "Bait-n-Switch.

Evan

3. 782612
    40A : Tue 13th May 2014 : 8 years ago

...dang

4. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Tue 13th May 2014 : 8 years ago

I also listened to the acapella...in a word,underwhelming.

5. 428258
    Writenow921 : Tue 13th May 2014 : 8 years ago

Excuse me Evan, if you would have read the description of the track you would have learned that this is intentional parody. If you would have taken two seconds to scroll through the other acapellas you would have found examples of the work that I am proud of.

I said I wrote this as a challenge to do something fun. It is making fun of the college life that I very blatantly despised during my time at university.

6. 428258

And to all others, this song is parody. I think it could be alot of fun. I didn't write it to be deep or inspiring, if you wish to work with something of substance, feel free to check out my other pieces. Don't be lazy. Take the time to investigate before you run you mouth without knowing what you are talking about.

7. 951439
    Evisma : Tue 13th May 2014 : 8 years ago

Listened to the rest.

Reread introduction.

Still expecting more.

8. 428258

Thank you for your opinion Evisma.

9. 1205128
    LivingInSilence : Tue 13th May 2014 : 8 years ago

I thought this was the same post as that other one but I guess not. I think some parts of your poems are a little clever so I can understand how people might like them. But I don't know, with influences like My Chemical Romance and Evanescence I was hoping/expecting something a lot more powerful and a little less... whingey.

Like, in quite a lot of your poems you sound like an angsty teenage drag queen. And that would be ok IF YOU WERE an angsty teenage drag queen, which I have a feeling that you're not (could be wrong though).

I'm sorry to be so negative (not really) but I'm seriously wondering how you got that Emmy.

10. 428258

Look, I'm new to this threads, I have been a part of this community for years, and have collaborated with many wonderful people.

I never meant to be arrogant, I was just trying to establish credibility. I feel very small compared to the wealth of talent on this site, and was just hoping to stand out a little.

11. 428258

And no I am not a drag quuen,
    the voice I used for this track was in jest,
    even if I was is that a problem?
    And yes, I was an angsty teenager when I recorded most of these,
    Why is that a problem?
    If you don't like my work,
    ignore the post,
    but I never meant to come off as arrogant,
    I simply want to fit in with so many talented people on here.

12. 782612
    40A : Tue 13th May 2014 : 8 years ago

Not sure if that last post was a rap or a haiku.

13. 1205128
    LivingInSilence : Tue 13th May 2014 : 8 years ago

roses are red,
    violets are blue.
    I'm done with these forums.

Posts 1 - 13 of 13

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.