Would It Ever Be Possible To Sell Loops On Looperman

Posts 26 - 27 of 27
  1. 486477
    GramoChopin : Mon 12th May 2014 : 8 years ago

Naw, it's gotta be free. That's just the way it's been around here. Alotta people just do it because they want to and they love to do it.

Many on here are beginners and are looking for the free samples for something to build on and perfect their kraft. Same way i started, far from perfect with mine though. A donation button does sound like a good idea.

Idk though, it would probably change the site over time if that were to happen. Things have always been kind of personal and more about the people here. Which is why I check on this site more than my soundcloud or reverbnation or soundclick. You get the pic

2. 1205128
    LivingInSilence : Mon 12th May 2014 : 8 years ago

I'm about to get quite a bit off-topic with this but bare with me: I always thought it would be a cool idea if every now and again Looperman put up a massive album on iTunes containing user submitted music (obviously with each users permission).

Like each album might contain around 40 songs and be &15/$20 per album or something. And then Looperman keeps the money; either to use for the site or to buy a well deserved "best-of Billy Ray Cyrus" CD (or whatever he's into, lol).

Now, you might be thinking; "But L.I.S., Y wuld I want 2 use MY songs 2 make money for Loopermang?".

I'll tell you why son; because without Looperman you would not be here, this site wouldn't exist. Think of it as our way of "donating" to the site. And in return we get recognition. Because if anyone out there actually decides to buy the album, they might like YOUR track and YOU'LL be the one getting recognition for it coz YOUR name will still be on that particular track.

So tell me, is that actually a decent idea that deserves a new forum so it can be discussed further, or should I just shut up and GTFO?

Posts 26 - 27 of 27

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.