TL;DR

3. 782612
    40A : Tue 6th May 2014 : 8 years ago

rofllll

4. 671112

yes!!!

5. 782612

Looks like we have overwhelming support for the revival of the "groove" category. +1 to danke, can't blame him, my first post was such a comprehensive and compelling argument.

BRING BACK GROOVE LOOPZ CATEGORY PLEASE, WHY WAS IT REMOVED? I'm such a "groove" producer, featuring many different instruments and sounds in a single loop and i'm forced to categorize them incorrectly.

I'm sure it was getting out of hand though. People basically making entire songs and dubbing them "groove" loops. But for those of us who understood the category we loved it!

6. 671112

When I take 'search for loops' option, there is a chance to get groovy loops...(I know, from the past...)
    I don't understand the reason of the removing...
    Sometimes a single piano with pad loop isn't allowed neither...why?
    +2

7. 782612

"Sometimes a single piano with pad loop isn't allowed neither...why"?

I'm SAYN!

It's like dang, sorry for being creative? How else would a piano loop be considered "ambient" if it's a dry, mono-instrument loop? There's like no differentiating between loops of different genres if we were to actually do It that way. I don't understand. You're going to have to add certain attributes to certain loops if they're to fit correctly in whatever genre you're working with.

to2lly rambling.

+3

8. 782612

For anyone unfamiliar with the "groove" category here's some history.

https://www.looperman.com/loops/cats/royalty-free-groove-loops-samples-sounds-wavs-download

Groove loops were basically the "Free-for-all" category for looperman. Drums, hi-hats, synths, bells, trains, cats and dogs all in the same loop to create a "groovy" composition.

The problem was that people were using this section to basically demo/feature their "upcoming" tracks since loop uploads never had a limit, and tracks had a 24 hour wait (and still do). So it was quickly exploited.

Another thing is that groove loops are still "loops", and people sort of forgot that. They forgot that they actually had to make the loop make sense, and they usually didn't. It would start off with minor instrumentation and then abruptly explode into sound that made it both impossible and awkward to actually use.

Ultimately making the category nothing more than a convenient way to showcase your anything.

9. 1205128
    LivingInSilence : Wed 7th May 2014 : 8 years ago

Looperman doesn't seem to like the idea of making groove loops coz the loop might contain just a single instrument that the downloader might not want in there so he encourages us to upload each instrument separately so the downloader can choose which instruments they put in the final mix.

To let people know that two loops are part of the same 'groove' then just give each part the same title followed by what instrument it is. So for example you might post 3 loops (part of the same groove) titled like this:

1: "My sicknasty grove - bass loop"
    2: "My sicknasty grove - synth loop"
    3: "My sicknasty grove - drum loop"
    etc.

So that way people can either download them all and use them together, or say if I wanted my own drums instead of yours, I could download just the synth and bass.

But bleeblooblah amiright?

10. 1205128
    LivingInSilence : Wed 7th May 2014 : 8 years ago

I feel like a massive f**kwit explaining that to someone who I only just realised has been using the site a year longer than me.

just pretend I was never here, I probably know a lot less about said topic than I think I do.

11. 671112

Dear LivingInSilence!

I try to understand every rule and expectation...but when you upload those 3 parts separately as independent loops you'll never 'outhear' the real aim...what for I did?
    I made my groovy loop 2 days ago, wanted to upload separately but when I heard it alone all of them, I said: Jesus, it's trash...but together it worked...(the feeling)
    And I can imagine that too many Loopeys could easily download groovy loops but they don't fing now...
    It worked for at least 5 years I think...(not sure)
    Peace, Danke

12. 666289
    FreeRadical : Wed 7th May 2014 : 8 years ago

Well since i've not uploaded any loops since becoming FreeRadical i probably shouldn't be allowed to comment on this BUT, Shan probably got rid of it for a reason.
    It's easy enough to make a groove from seperate loops so why the big deal?

13. 1115991
    Unknown User : Wed 7th May 2014 : 8 years ago

Thumbs up for this ! Bitte!!
    (since there's so much Danke around)

14. 666289
    FreeRadical : Wed 7th May 2014 : 8 years ago

@0BF-What's Danke?

15. 782612
    40A : Wed 7th May 2014 : 8 years ago

Basically what danke said. Groove loops allowed composers to upload fully realized composition instead of decimated pieces divided into 6ths.

It gives a completely different "feel" to the loop when they aren't deconstructed. A whimsical harp effect that pans left and right may seem absolutely pointless alone, but when it's incorporated with the 3 other instruments you have playing then all the sudden: pure magic.

Also, not to sound like a dick, but i could honestly careless what the downloaders find "useful" since, well, it's MY art that I'M giving away for FREE. They either like it or don't, choose to use it or not. I'm not catering specifically for the needs of each individual that downloads here...i'm doing it because it's what i like to do.

But that's just my opinion and shouldn't be reflected on the loop uploading community as a whole. I've seen plenty of producers bend over backwards at the slightest request, and if that's what does it for them - then that's their prerogative.

P.S, i've been here a lot longer than a year. This was just an account i made when V2 went up.

16. 1115991
    Unknown User : Wed 7th May 2014 : 8 years ago

@ FreeRadical:

Danke (ger) = thank you
    Bitte = "Please Insert Obvious Answer"

(-:=

17. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Wed 7th May 2014 : 8 years ago

Interesting thread..I've gone full circle on my opinion on this,at first I couldn't understand why groove loops had been removed as I used to make quite a few,then I figured ok lets look at it from the end users perspective as I had been contacted by many downloaders asking for specific elements within a groove loop which was a pain in the arse as my purpose in life is not to serve downloader's whims in my free time....and finally I'm back where I started because I used to get heaps of people contacting me wanting more groove loops for use in things like video games,youtube projects,commercials etc....so now I'm definitely in the bring back groove loops camp..bring em back (yay) :)

18. 782612
    40A : Wed 7th May 2014 : 8 years ago

omfg PJB!! +5

19. 1205128
    LivingInSilence : Thu 8th May 2014 : 8 years ago

I have been looking at this the complete wrong way. For some reason I just assumed people used groove loops the same way as normal drum/instrument loops coz I was high or something idk.

But yeah groove loops are something of a song in themselves I guess, something that can be repeated and added to ever so slightly which makes really good BG music for games and vids. And going through my folder of discarded projects I've found many a music that would be perfect for that!

So I say f@#k yeah! bring back dat groove. (`)

20. 782612
    40A : Thu 8th May 2014 : 8 years ago

HUEHIEHUEEEEEE! I have a good feeling about this.

That feeling you get when you speed through a yellow light. That's happening right meow.

21. 1205128
    LivingInSilence : Fri 9th May 2014 : 8 years ago

Or that feeling when you buy a Krispy-Kreme donut and it's actually fresh.

lol jokes, that never happens.

Posts 1 - 21 of 21

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.