If You Upload You Have To Comment And Contribute

Posts 26 - 39 of 39
  1. 186161
    Spivkurl : Sun 4th May 2014 : 8 years ago

I definitely respect people who don't upload tracks but review anyway, means they must be music lovers I guess. Sometimes I do wonder who they are though.

2. 560295
    TurfGoldMusic : Sun 4th May 2014 : 8 years ago

I only review songs I actually like. I would hate to be forced to do the opposite. Looperman is doing just fine the way it is.

3. 666289
    FreeRadical : Sun 4th May 2014 : 8 years ago

@Spivkurl - None of us really know who each other is.

Such is the beauty of cyberspace and i guess we should be happy with the fact that this site generally seems to be a troll free zone...........

4. 1100958
    cosmicinfluence : Tue 6th May 2014 : 8 years ago

As a relative newcomer I am not sure where I stand on all of this but I do want to raise the point that not every review that is short and sweet is people trying to cheat the system if u like. I find myself sometimes moved to go into detail with a review and sometimes nothing stands out as amazing and nothing stands out as terrible. It is just a nice track or whatever and it is a shame to feel pressured to dissect someone's tune when you genuinely don't have the incline or perhaps even the knowledge to do so.

5. 71369
    Unknown User : Tue 6th May 2014 : 8 years ago

you don't have to, but you really should.. dat's foh sure

6. 560295
    TurfGoldMusic : Tue 6th May 2014 : 8 years ago

Can we get a like button?

7. 186161
    Spivkurl : Tue 6th May 2014 : 8 years ago

that's what fave! is for!

8. 1205128
    LivingInSilence : Tue 6th May 2014 : 8 years ago

As a newcomer I've yet to understand how the people on this site react to one another, and because of that I am one of those people that will praise well-made tracks rather than give constructive criticism to tracks that are lacking in certain areas. I've seen quite a few people on this site who are either hella arrogant or are WAY better artists than me so I am somewhat reluctant to give that kind of criticism in case of how they react (or maybe they won't care after hearing how bad my tunes are compared to theirs).

So yeah, hopefully this gives some of you a better understanding of why some of us ONLY give praise. I will never lie about my thoughts on a track but some people just don't want to hear what you have to say, which ruins it for those of you/us who strive on constructive criticism.

Also there are people who will leave a comment just to download your track which scares the hell out of me coz a friend of mine (who has been using this site for ages) discovered people have been SELLING HIS MUSIC that they downloaded off this site (we know this coz those particular tracks had never been posted anywhere else at the time). He stopped posting/using Looperman after that. Hell he stopped making music after that. In fact, that's how i'm here to begin with, he gave all his programs/plug-ins and equipment to me!

Sorry, I'll stop now before I go even further off-topic.

9. 270061
    JoyfulWAVE : Tue 6th May 2014 : 8 years ago

@LivingInSilence
    i can understand that...thats frustrating...same thing happend to me...but you can be happy when you get a comment or see who played your track...
    i found out how to download everything from this site without being logged in...acapellas, loops and tracks...even hidden tracks !!! THATS SCARY !!! dont ask me how because i will not tell you guys...
    but im still using this site because i like it a lot...and its a good place to get good feedback...i just had to learn to stay cool about the scary bit on this site ;)

10. 994534
    Neomorpheus : Tue 6th May 2014 : 8 years ago

Interesting discussion here fellas.
    For me I think encouragement is the best course of action. Several good points have been made here but we all need to consider one important fact.
    We are not all the same.
    There are vast differences within the membership on many fronts, such as music knowledge, ability, age, musical tastes, reason for being here, and may I be so bold as to include intelligance, ego, attitude etc..
    I agree with some things said here but have certain concern with some of it too. Like jsyoung, I have a very full plate outside of Looperman. I do this as a hobby, mainly to get my mind off of an otherwise pretty stressfull lifestyle. It satisfy's my need to be creative as well as my love for music. I wish I had more time to invest in listening and reviewing but I quite simply dont. Im not expecting to ever be on a level to make a career out of this. I do enjoy making music though and im trying hard to improve. I very much appreciate all the comments I receive from everyone and do my best to respond in kind and make a point to listen and comment on all those who take the time out for me. But im sure there are instances where I miss some. If you happen to be one of those, I apologise, but dont get your feelings hurt. Its not intentional, im just human.

I have on occasion gone back and tried to apply some of the suggestions ive received from comments but in a lot of cases I either dont agree with what was suggested or I dont feel like investing anymore time in that particular track. Its not that I dont appreciate other opinions, I very much do. But if I dont do what is suggested, dont take it personal. Some people on here are just way too sensitive.

I cant speak for everyone but getting back to the subject matter, I like the way things are set up now and would not vote to make the suggested change. I think it works well as is, allows a lot of freedom and promotes activity which I believe is a good thing. Im not in support of any type of discrimination or heavy rule enforcement. What I would support though would be adopting a "No Whining" or a "No butt hurt crybabies" policy.

11. 1100958
    cosmicinfluence : Tue 6th May 2014 : 8 years ago

I realised people were registering here just to download tracks ages ago but I hadn't considered they might be selling them.i wonder if anything can be done to stop this. But I now feel I should change my track settings and others with more experience should defo consider it for sure.

12. 1095400
    AnalogDisc : Tue 6th May 2014 : 8 years ago

@Mahloo13

I must agree with you, since I`ve watched the whole thread in here...
    Firstly I`m a honest guy so I want honest feedbacks, reviews, etc, but I`m giving honest comments if something is bad I will tell `em for sure (or maybe is that bad I won`t comment in it)!. On the other side I`m not uploading any loops and lately not downloading. Why? Because some of them are unusable (respect for the exception) what it is it`s basic and can do it for myself, anyway, to the reviews; I think in the review must be some negativity to stimulate the producer to work harder and better!
    At the end everyone wants some feedback that`s why they up in here (on SC noone gives a single ****). Who reviws in here they got pretty much time, someone here has to work, have family,etc so the time is the main problem.
    These are only my opinion and I don`t want to insult anyone!
    Have a nice day! Cheers!

13. 1115991
    Unknown User : Wed 7th May 2014 : 8 years ago

I have to admit, I'm one of the users who seldom reviews. I try my best to better this bad habit. And once I posted a Soundcloud-link. My bad (-:= I was used to it, because I crawled on some minor pages where you can't upload own titles. But since I nearly understood how this page runs and that it isn't full of superficialness I try my best.

Not least this is mainly a page for loops/samples, if I got it right. Long terms short: there will be views, REviews... though I'm quite lazy. Please be patient.

Have a nice day you all.

14. 612029
    Unknown User : Wed 7th May 2014 : 8 years ago

Wow, some really great comments and opinions on this thread, just had a good read. I think the point i was making is just that if we all get in the habit of actually commenting good or bad on tracks then the site instantly becomes more credible. This site is one of the only personal sites for this, soundcloud has become spam city for every music maker under the sun, i treat it as a low cost storage area. At least Looperman has a community just needs a little push to get everyone talking.

Posts 26 - 39 of 39

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.