International Looperman Day - May 31st

Posts 1 - 25 of 77
  1. 177447
    AnomalyJ : Thu 1st May 2014 : 5 years ago

I don't want this thought to die with the other post.

To make this happen we only need 2 things:

1. To Get the word out
    2. A place were people gather - online

I was thinking maybe a internet radio station, I know there a few like Mixposure could host a show on it. That way people from all over can access, maybe call in, chat. That would be cool.

2. 666289
    FreeRadical : Thu 1st May 2014 : 5 years ago

Sounds like a grand idea. I think we should all get a day off work as well.

3. 177447
    AnomalyJ : Thu 1st May 2014 : 5 years ago

And if all fails we can just shoot for creating a massive thread on May 31st of Loopermen giving shouts out to the site.

4. 994534
    Neomorpheus : Thu 1st May 2014 : 5 years ago

YEAH im with you FR!
    Maybe we can get Looperman to work the site advertisers (Imageline, Beatport, Loopmasters, Plugin Boutique etc. ) into giving away some DAWS, VST's and of course Looperman T-Shirts !
    Im all in.

5. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Thu 1st May 2014 : 5 years ago

Hey AJ,long time no see....if this was to happen I'd suggest using this internet radio station https://www.looperman.com/forum/thread/181173/internet-radio
    be cool to interact with some Looperpeople!

6. 177447
    AnomalyJ : Fri 2nd May 2014 : 5 years ago

Thanks Dave. I will look into that.. Great now we just need some serious advertising.

7. 189474
    ImproveWithError : Fri 2nd May 2014 : 5 years ago

This is a great idea, I hope everything works out. It would be great to meet some new people and chat with some friends.

8. 1
    Looperman : Fri 2nd May 2014 : 5 years ago

sounds fun AJ, Im away for a week but when I get back Ill have a look at where this thread went.

Should not be a problem to bring some sponsors in with a few goodies.

9. 944056
    Darkreine : Fri 2nd May 2014 : 5 years ago

Hey AJ.

We at Loop Radio would be proud to be involved in a Looperman Day celebration. Many of our DJ's are Looperman members and for me personally it would a way of saying thank you to Shan and the website for all the love and support I've received here. I'll email you now and we can discuss the details. Great idea by the way!!

10. 177447

whoo hooo...I love it when a plan comes together.

Shawn thanks so much..talk to you in a week.

Kenny ..that's great, talk to soon.

Now we just need a Looperman Theme Song for the day.

11. 944056

I know there have been many Looperman songs posted here over the years, so maybe we could play all of them!! Here's one that I was involved in, with some of the best talent on the site:

https://www.looperman.com/tracks/detail/143435

12. 177447

oohh and some Artwork.
    We definitely need some art work to advertise.

So all you creative graphic designers out there can you please put those minds together and come up with a fantastic billboard?

13. 177447

That's great Kenny! You know Coney did one too, but I was not able to find it, hopefully he still has it some where.

14. 944056

I've had replies back from some of the Loop Radio DJ's and they are up for doing a Radiothon, each doing a couple of hours each, so we could certainly make it an event!!

15. 177447

Awesome!!! Looks like we are on our way.

16. 994534
    Neomorpheus : Fri 2nd May 2014 : 5 years ago

OK, heres an idea for the advertisement.
    I can modify mording and add the Loop Radio logo if youd like.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/41095162@N05/14087783682/

17. 994534
    Neomorpheus : Fri 2nd May 2014 : 5 years ago

Sorry, I meant to say "I can modify the wording".

18. 177447

@_@ ooowwww...pretty...

19. 177447
    AnomalyJ : Sat 3rd May 2014 : 5 years ago

You know what this party needs??
    A shout out track.
    I know Coney did on a while back.

But if someone has the time to put an updated one together, that would be really cool. You guys in??

Good.

Let's get started.

First step :

Create a short (10 second max) vocal loop of a personal shout out to Looperman.

Save it with the words Looperman Shout Out by (Your Name Here!!) in the title for easy searching.

And upload.

Now we just need a brave soul talneted soul acomplish this mission and create a master track. Any takers?

20. 177447
    AnomalyJ : Sun 4th May 2014 : 5 years ago

are you getting excited??

21. 944056
    Darkreine : Sun 4th May 2014 : 5 years ago

All of the Loop Radio DJ's are on-board to do a non stop Radiothon of Independent music. Visionary Sound System is going to co-ordinate it all with AJ. The ball is now rolling so get involved and give it a push.

22. 177447
    AnomalyJ : Sun 4th May 2014 : 5 years ago

That's wonderful!
    Looperman Day is on it's way.

23. 994534
    Neomorpheus : Mon 5th May 2014 : 5 years ago

Im kinda starting to get worked up over this.
    I mean Looperman has pretty much given the go ahead here BUT, it seems like hes giving it a week to see what the general concensus is - if theres any real interest.

I have an idea on how we may do some giveaways that involves a bit of a contest. Is anybody interested in scoring some of those "goodies" he mentioned?

Also if we create this "shout out" track that AJ mentioned maybe we can convince Kenny to give it some airplay during the Radiothon.

24. 177447
    AnomalyJ : Mon 5th May 2014 : 5 years ago

Yes get excited but don't get worked up.
    I'm happy your for support and continued interest.

I have some plans for your art work too, I just need to get some more direction then I will be able to inform you of what is needed, but again I think what you came up with so far is really good.

All good things take time and really good planning.

The forums are just a fraction of the attention this thing will need to be successful.

But rest assured that work is being done to make this a success, as people and resources are being pooled as the project scope become more evident.

Right now were just in the feasibility stages of the project, once we get a clear picture of the who, what, where, why and how, we can then move into the initiation of the action plan.

25. 600461
    visionarysoundsystem : Tue 6th May 2014 : 5 years ago

Greetings & salutations one & all.
    Hi I'm VisionarySoundSystem (some of you know me) and I am exploring the feasibility of this possible event from the broadcasting side. There is great support for it from the DJ's concerned & AJ & myself have swapped some mails to start looking at the feasibility and I'm sure the good Lady & Shan will update you pretty soon with what it is hoped can be achieved. The wealth of talent on this site should guarantee some fine tracks etc that get the chance to be aired in a joint celebration. If any of you have any ideas/suggestions please ping them at me for consideration/possible inclusion in anything that may happen with regards to this fine idea.
    Thanx for reading.
    Peace, Love, Justice & Respect.
    Vis . . . .

Posts 1 - 25 of 77

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads