Audio Interface - Tascam US-2000 Or Allen And Heath ICE-16

Posts 1 - 5 of 5
  1. 342904
    breo : Sun 20th Apr 2014 : 5 years ago

Hi guys

I have been making music for years now and have built up a selection of analog synths.

I was thinking of biting the bullet and getting a new audio interface. I use a sound blaster live at the moment.

I'm looking for something that is USB and has a lot of analog inputs. No need for digital or optical.

I have see two. The tascam us-2000 and Allen & Heath ice-16.
    As anyone used any of these. Or know of any others.

2. 631823
    Mahloo13 : Sun 20th Apr 2014 : 5 years ago

Do you need XLR connections? ...meaning do you want to connect a mic or two to the interface?...cause if that's the case then only the Tascam has XLR inputs for mics.

And how many channels do you plan on recording at once cause latency might bite you in the ass, will you be connecting it to a Laptop? Be prepared to disconnect every other USB connected device if you plan on doing multitrack recording.

The problem with USB is that it can't really cope with all that data going back and forth through it's hub so in some cases it is to be avoided.

Hope this helps a bit.

3. 342904

Hi mahloo

I don't really intend on connecting a mic. So no real need for Xlr connections.

I will be connecting hardware synths. Juno-106. Korg ms2000 and so on.
    Just after something with enough inputs so every time I record I don't need to solo tracks of disconnect a synth to plug in another one.

This should save a hell of a lot of time.

4. 631823
    Mahloo13 : Sun 20th Apr 2014 : 5 years ago

In that case the A&H ICE would seem the appropiate choice as it gives you a bigger number of simultaneous inputs (16 mono/8 stereo) as well as USB/Firewire Connectivity. It's a bit on the expensive side and I for one would look for something else maybe cheaper and then add a great AD/DA converter to the list, it would take it to a whole new level sound quality wise but as I've said that would be me. The choice is yours.

As for soloing tracks..once again depending on how well your computer will cope with the data transfer you might need to limit the number of simultaneous recording inputs.

5. 342904

Cheer's

I've also been looking at the mout 24io. But on some reviews it says people using windows sometimes have problems. I know that this card is PCI interface and fire wire.

Have you any experience with the motu cards.

Posts 1 - 5 of 5

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.