Studio Headphones

Posts 1 - 8 of 8
  1. 1029245
    LilEmolyte : Fri 4th Apr 2014 : 5 years ago

So Im looking to get a nice pair of studio headphones for not terribly expensive but still good quality. Ive heard many good reviews about Audio Technica(which is the brand of Microphone i use) and Sennheiser. Any opinions or links to good ones would be appreciated

2. 933215
    Curve612 : Fri 4th Apr 2014 : 5 years ago

I thought the Sennhesier HD380 sounded pretty dope. You can usually find them under 100 used online or brand new they start at $200 but i've seen them sell for 120-150 new online.

3. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Fri 4th Apr 2014 : 5 years ago

Whatever you decide on a flat uncoloured sound is the key,the worst thing you can do is buy something with over saturated bass response because you compensate inversely to the signal source...brittle mixes come from bass heavy monitoring and over too bass heavy ones from treble high monitoring..these are phones are great Imo http://www.krksys.com/krk-headphones/kns-8400.html

4. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Fri 4th Apr 2014 : 5 years ago

Jeez..major typos,sorry about that! lol

5. 903076
    soundhound : Sun 27th Jul 2014 : 5 years ago

I find AKG Studio HeadPhones "NOT The DJ Model" they break to easy...
    I find they have a very flat response no colouring at all...
    The K240-MK11 model I've taken these to all, the studio's I work in....

Very Clean and priced with in most peoples pocket...
    I've used many and these are the best I've found...For the Money...

6. 672953
    Ozzz : Sun 27th Jul 2014 : 5 years ago

I've been using the ATH-M50 and before that the SRH-940, both are excellent but the one I loved most - and "rated" the lowest compared to the above was the HDJ-2000. In my personal opinion, they sounded way better and lasted..

The Shure can't take (well my one couldn't) high volume listening for long periods of time after the fry in, it rattled and began distorting a few months after purchase. Sines and distortion forced it into submission. They should stick to microphones..

The Audio Technica - so far so good, it does remind me of the Shures in sound but for now without its weaknesses, except that it hurts your head after a few minutes and numbs your ears after a session. It's way too tight but maybe its the size of my head..

Go to the shop and test them out. Even though theyre excellent, the reviews made them out to be great, which disapointed me after the first listen. If I had visited a real shop I would of never bought them. Try Yamaha, they're the kings of speakers, their studio headphone monitors could only be as good. Definitely my next pair..

Put mixes on your phone and crash a shop. It's not worth learning the hard way over speakers, save the headache for something worthy..

Enjoy..

7. 1243210
    Gore33 : Sun 27th Jul 2014 : 5 years ago

KOSS HEADPHONES!!!!! :D
    No yeah rly check them out, I use them for compositing music and they're perfect

8. 614554
    Mykael : Mon 28th Jul 2014 : 5 years ago

I LOOOOOOVE my AKG's...was a tad under 70 bucks at Guitar Center.

Posts 1 - 8 of 8

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads