Event 20 20BAS Vs Yamaha HS8

Posts 1 - 4 of 4
  1. 1028752
    binauralbass : Tue 11th Mar 2014 : 5 years ago

The yamahas sound great, but im curious what people think about those Event's. Theyre cheaper and seem to have a wider/deeper response. Thanks for your time and info!

2. 782612
    40A : Tue 11th Mar 2014 : 5 years ago

neither, invest in some cerwin vegas. My little XD3s are like portable earthquakes. Pregnant women stay away from my window when i'm on a jam session, and cellphones stop working near them.

they were only like 99$ for 2. CV offers studio shelf, towers and amps as well if you're honestly thinking about dropping 800$ + on some gahdamn speakers.

3. 631823
    Mahloo13 : Tue 11th Mar 2014 : 5 years ago

Go to a local audio store and listen to both if you can, otherwise you'll hear opinions and opinions. I haven't listened to the new versions of either of these but I've heard the previous ones. They are pretty much the same thing although the negative aspects seem to be slightly more on the 20/20's side. You'll find plenty of info on the internet on both and plenty of reviews but your best bet is to listen to both and make your decision on how they sound to YOU because that's what matters.

There are more important things to consider first like your room size, sound absorbent materials used in the room, room acoustics, speaker positioning, purpose of the speakers etc. etc.

4. 1028752
    binauralbass : Mon 17th Mar 2014 : 5 years ago

Yeah I been through all of that, definitely. ^

No local 20/20's around to hear, I was just really curious.

And of course cerwin vegas are better, they're also 96242687 times more expensive, aren't they? Can you post a monitor that is equal in value to the hs8's? Thanks!

Posts 1 - 4 of 4

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.