Looperman Rappers Crossing The Line

Posts 1 - 25 of 52
  1. 837584
    YMCMB : Thu 16th Jan 2014 : 8 years ago

This has been somewhat talked about before... But the surface wasn't even scratched when the statement that Looperman rappers don't live out what they talk about.

I'm fine with false claims/boasting etc. in rapper's songs, but lately it just seams like too much when these claims are simply straight up stupid and not even creative.

I just hate to see the greats on this site being hidden behind the many idiotic tracks posted daily by artists who can't get enough of unoriginal rhymes that have to do with killing, being a sex God, drug lord, rap king, etc. especially when these tracks are not delivered correctly when it comes to the rapper's flow, and also when the lyrics are uncreative and/or boring.

I have no problem with boasting falsely about sex, drugs, money, violence, etc. as long as it is creative and well delivered.

So to the guys who doing this site a favor by sharing their stuff, THANK YOU.

However, to the rappers who simply give this site a bad name... Be more creative,seek advice,never stop improving, and never give up.

2. 851137
    crucethus : Thu 16th Jan 2014 : 8 years ago

@scenebeats. I wouldn't worry too much.. "the cream always rises to the top"... people on this site are pretty smart enough to know who is real and who is amateur. Most of us musicians just enjoy the camaraderie of other musicians and there talent. When a poser comes along.. the community usually takes care of it democratically. so no worries. Pick and choose what you want to listen too and learn from, and ignore the rest.
    peace
    crucethus

3. 998072
    InverSound : Thu 16th Jan 2014 : 8 years ago

the entire rap industry is shite, don't need to tell me lol. But seriously, if you upload a loop on here that classified as Hip Hop, it gets like 300 downloads in an hour...so it's good for business....and traffic ;)

once you involves yourself in the world of hiphop and gangs and bling, and violence and drugdealing, you are asking for trouble, before tupac dies he even figured out that it was all bullshit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvpi0LRTa74

4. 672953
    Ozzz : Thu 16th Jan 2014 : 8 years ago

This is the reason I listen to political, "conspiracy" theory rappers. You get truth, logic and better rhymes in one hit with minimal shit talk. Good stuff..

Even Ice Cube grabs these fake artists and industry rappers and gives it to them without baby oil. This guy doesn't mess around..

5. 704401
    benjizo : Thu 16th Jan 2014 : 8 years ago

@scenebeats i co-sign.You sure on point man.Thanks for bringing it all out.

6. 560295
    TurfGoldMusic : Thu 16th Jan 2014 : 8 years ago

"When it comes to the rapper's flow, and also when the lyrics are uncreative and/or boring" "To the rappers who simply give this site a bad name... Be more creative,seek advice,never stop improving, and never give up"

You dissed a bunch of folks and then turned around and told them to never give up. LOL, you are a trip man!

7. 837584
    YMCMB : Thu 16th Jan 2014 : 8 years ago

@blakNast

haha, Damn, you seam to like to be the one to idiotically jump to conclusions all while being ignorant and close minded.

You think just because I hate what people do makes me have to not be able to believe they can do better??

LOL You're a trip.

(Maybe you can actually disprove my point by showing me that people like you actually DON'T change do to their idiocy)

8. 560295
    TurfGoldMusic : Fri 17th Jan 2014 : 8 years ago

Ah look at you getting all butt hurt. Chill out man, just called it how I seen it. You need to improve your flows too instead of wasting time dissing folks in the forums.

9. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Fri 17th Jan 2014 : 8 years ago

Man if I had of reacted to every bit of crap music that's assaulted my ears over the journey I'd have gone loco long ago...mind you it's only natural to have personal preferences and standards,people have been arguing the toss over the musical pecking order since year dot,it's good that your passionate about your beliefs but the thing is you can't legislate against mediocrity,lies and stupidity.

10. 1118799
    Stevejaz : Fri 17th Jan 2014 : 8 years ago

Take what you want and leave the rest. Who knows, someone else may like it.
    OH
    and don't forget to show a little gratitude for what you do like.

11. 672953
    Ozzz : Fri 17th Jan 2014 : 8 years ago

What Dave Marshall said.. ^

12. 560295
  13. 490439
    ZeeHipHop : Fri 17th Jan 2014 : 8 years ago

@SceneBeats - This really isn't a forum topic. It belongs in the comment section of all the tracks that have violated you. There isn't much point to making blanket statements like LPM rappers don't live what they say, when you hardly know any of them. Comment on their tracks instead. Then maybe they'll know where they've gone wrong. A lot of the newer guys are just starting out and are here to get help in the form of feedback. Negativity gets us nowhere. Just a suggestion - use it, or don't use it.

14. 630386
    JoeFunktastic : Fri 17th Jan 2014 : 8 years ago

For me I have always been against targeting anyone or any group on this site for any reason because it is just plain WRONG! I thought the last thread was dead wrong too which was based on the jilted feelings of one guy! Get over it, I am sure Dr. Dre didn't shed any tears for any rappers except when Easy-E died.

But to target and blanket here on this site is uncalled for, what a way to kill off any potential aspiring rapper on this site. Indite them all and watch the forum threads keep reading "Rapper Wanted" and the call will continue to go unanswered. Looperman, Shan the man himself, has shown great restraint as others see it as their right to trample on their fellow artist on this site which is outrageous. It would be more appropriate to say "I was let down by a looperman rapper." Such things are commonplace in normal life. People let us down, Obama said I could keep my doctor, he lied, what a let down. Blanket statements and targeting are wrong now and was in the previous thread as I noted there as well.

15. 672953

That's because Easy-E was Dr. Dre's missus, bro..

16. 672953

Joe, I completely get it bro but understand this, talking shit is the norm with rappers, it's culture. Self-boasting isn't, it's narcissistic and egotistic - you can't listen to these rappers and think "awesome", the first thing that should come to your mind is picturing these rappers copping a nice knee to the head - bring them back down from their fictious fantasy.

A real criminal will always be reluctant to talk about his "criminal" motives privately, let alone publically..

Bubye..

17. 490439

@Ozzi - are you suggesting that writing something you've fantasized about is wrong? Fiction and fantasy can be the very beginning of some very creative stuff. Also, some people make music for entertainment-sake. They create a persona that they can live through vicariously. So what if they aren't real gangsters? Or aren't real vampires? Or whatever.... Music is more art than historical documentary.

Although, I do concede the "Im Awesome" tracks are just boring. And I think you give 'real' criminals way more credit than most deserve, lol. I knew a guy who did a few house-invasions and wrote songs about it. I believe that's how he became a suspect and now serving time.

Side note and actual point of my post:
    It seems like some of you guys are persecuting imagination just because someone executed their musical delivery poorly (in your view).

Peace and love.
    Zee

18. 672953

There's nothing wrong with dreaming up shiny unicorns and colorful butterflies floating the blue skies hurdling rainbows and stuff like that - I'm talking about rappers that paint dark fantasies, like role-playing as "hardened criminals" pretending to be the next Scarface but meanwhile green overdosing on Jack Herer's with their virgin lung's..

Members on this site like Mayz and DrFlow among others rap about positivity and their past -creatively, perfect listening but on the other-hand you got this 2ft tall bulemic rapper with little man sydrome wearing pants tight enough to cut the blood circulation to his legs talking about jacking.. He's like a little ember to the wind, you fart on him and he'll fly..

Music is art, it shouldn't be a medium to act tough and I disagree in that assumption bro, acting hard was already wrong before the musical delivery..

Anyways, take it easy..

19. 630386
    JoeFunktastic : Fri 17th Jan 2014 : 8 years ago

@ Ozzie

Yo bro, my respects as always, no struggle, I get you completely. Okay understood. Constructive criticism we all agree it is a good thing when done directly with the artist. It makes us all better. In comparison, blanket slamming and targeting does the exact opposite.

So let's say a producer guy here was jilted by 12 rappers on this site. He then condemns rappers here on this site. Why should the other 99 rappers that he does not know bear the sins of the few? That angers me. The guy write an immature rant rather than trying to rise above it like blakNast, Shatner and Bonez (they are producers and rappers), and they have commanded the respect of their peers and beyond this site.

So I am just saying there is a better way than to blanket blast your peers here on this site. Because at the end of day what have you really accomplished? Nothing, but more division, hate, bad feelings, and isolation for yourself. Let's try to work together here people, if not just move on.

20. 490439

2ft tall bulemic rapper - Ah man!!! LMAO! Classic. I've got to put that in a verse now. lol
    I see what you're saying @Ozzi

21. 250551
    EyeWaz : Fri 17th Jan 2014 : 8 years ago

Sad thing is, I work my ass off to improve myself continuously, yet I hardly get any recognition, but you can make a song about doing pills and have a Sh*t load of recognition, for what? Encouraging morons to be morons?

>.<
    Just check out some of my work, you will understand.

22. 560295

Too many Hip Hop cops on here who couldn't write a decent verse if their life was on the line. From Biz Markie, Eminem, to JT the bigga figga. All of them had different styles and chose to rap about whatever the hell they chose to. Stop telling people what they are good at. Worry about your dam self. If you can't leave some constructive criticism in the comment section of the track, then kick rocks. Weak Emcees giving advice on flowing, WTF?

23. 250551
    EyeWaz : Fri 17th Jan 2014 : 8 years ago

blakNast, I wouldn't call anyone weak, people have their strong points and people have their weak points.

24. 672953

Just close up this dialogue, someone's just about to get all teary..

25. 560295

Ozzi, write a verse and show us how it's done. Put your music where your mouth is.

Posts 1 - 25 of 52

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.