See our Outer Space RE-201 emulator By AudioThing Review

Looking For Open Minded Vocalists And Instrument Players

Posts 1 - 25 of 112
  1. 1098606
    honkytonk : Wed 8th Jan 2014 : 7 years ago

Hey ladies n gents,
    my name is Michael, 36yrs young, from Germany.

As I got lots of positive feedback on my latest tracks, i decided to fulfill one of my dreams - maybe it's one of yours too, as i guess: I plan to release a crossover album of followig styles: Rock, Rap, Dubstep, DnB - and i will try to make it highquality (when u listen to my tracks, think of it as demonstration, cause from first idea to finish i did max 20hrs on a track - so all done by automation, no manual finetuning).
    Seems i got a feeling for goin through styles, maybe cause i have had my musical core always in Metal/Punk... but listening to stuff from Hiphop to Industrial, fromTechnoid stuff to DnB n Dubstep since early 90ies.

What am I looking for:
    - 10-12 male or female vocalists (singer/speaker/rapper) as it gets a full feature album
    - instrument players who can bring in some creative/unique stuff (i know we got a lot of em here)
    - unique stuff, dont want vox or instruments u can hear in every second track
    - people who know what they are able to do, and what not
    - MOTIVATION
    - as i produce the tracks - i will ask u for what i need, and you have the creative room to interprete

What am I offering:
    - a feature track on my album
    - if there will be commercial use - we will see how everyone gets his return on input ;) as i cant see how big the project will be in the end, how many people are involved, it s just impossible to calculate before. So everyone keeps their full right on their stuff, until other deals are made - so there will be no commercial use, until everyone involved is happy with the deal.
    Until we made a deal, we will publish the tracks as snippets or LoFi Versions.
    - Could be interesting, cause we have a lot of distribution power, the more people are involved (see it as decentral produkt) - we will find a way to make it work for all - as improvisation is my second name :)

So:
    You think u can bring in something and u re willing to trust me?
    You re willing to be teamplayer as a part of a bigger project? U got the power and will, to keep discipline?
    You re somehow unique? You re n 80yrs young flute player (for example) who wants to be part of a modern style project? You re a 15yrs old guitar hero?
    You re all welcome!!!!!

Just write in this thread: name n age, what u can bring in, and a link to your best work on looperman. I will check that out and will decide (someone has to do the bad jobs ;)). You ll get instant information within this thread - in or out. When we got all together, we ll move to a project thread for each track - where i coordinate the production process. This will be no dictatorship, but as its gonna be my album, i ll do quick decisions if it doesnt work with one, sry, must be said before.

We will share complete contact details with all involved - will find ways to proof them - had a onlinebiz running, which i sold cause of burnout. Thats why i started to focus on the things in life, that are real important for me, and one thing is music.

What i m not looking for: People who scream first and then dont react (i think i m fast, i expect the same from u - but everyone will have his/her time n room for creativity and suggestions on work. We ll do WIP tracks with no download, so everyone can hear it, and be part of the process. Project related we gonna use some communication channel which is fast n easyto use (skype for example - so we get to see each other and talking gets much more personal).

Many words - short question? Are u in? (no trollanswers like "no", pls, kkthx).

Gtz from Germany,
    Michael

(if its little chaotic what i wrote: i dont prepare what i write, it s straight from my fingers - and as im no native english speaker - some things might be communicated a lil more compliceted, but ill give my best!)

2. 609523
    3rdNippleMusic : Wed 8th Jan 2014 : 7 years ago

That should be fun. Wondering some of the structural possibilities.. a dream of mine is to make a cross-genre, progressive song.. like 20 minutes..
    goes something like so, just makin it up here:

nice light acoustic guitar opening with some swirly electronic sound(s) off in the distance.. drums and bass kicks in lending it to light, melodic, electronic pop/rock... then it gets a little more rock.. then grindier, industrial rock with harsher sounds, but a prominent 'melody'...

going into some crazy heavy stuff for a few, then crashes into a wall of electro-grunge (?) crazy quantized drum patterns, then the electronics slowly decay and become more abrasive, but slowly slip into the background and cinematic, sunrise sounds slowly take over as it turns back into more pretty sounding acoustic.. awakening

anyways.. whatever, I'd be part of this lol.. here's my equipment and I'm able to use it:

Morris - Hurricane Theresa Electric Guitar
    Segovia 6-String Acoustic Guitar
    La Patrie classical acoustic
    Avid Eleven Rack FX processor
    M-Audio Key Rig 49 usb-midi controller & FL7
    2xShure SM-58's, 1xApex 435
    and an African Djembe

I also have a crappy old Alesis DM5 kit, but promise nothing from this except some not bad bass, snare, hihat stuff perhaps..

My looperman tracks are here:
    https://www.looperman.com/users/tracks/609523

pick tracks, listen to the first 20 seconds of each and you'll see where you need me as I do many genres pretty well - btw: none of these have djembe in them, and some have vocals which I 'can' do to some extent as well.

Awesome !

name: Neal Visher
    what can I bring ? hmmm, let's see ;)

Neal Visher
    thiiird_nipple_music @ yahoo . ca

3. 1098606

So ladies n gents: above you see how it should look like (doesnt need to be detailed, but show your will to be creative and be part of something, hmmm maybe big.

just one thing: always keep in mind - this will be no project for some small targeted group of listeners - it shall bring people of different styles together. So it has to be edgy - but i want to create some dancefloorcrusheralbum - which redefines some things and gets em out of their nishe (some ppl will h8 me 4 that, but wont give a "u konw what").

Related to Neal: thats what i m lookin for m8, rly nice. You seem to be creative and your sound nrecording is real pro!

Positions:
    1 st guitar/djembe/whatever we need, hehe goes toooooooooooooo: Neal Visher

thats how easy the start can be :)

4. 1098606

As i wrote Neil in a mail: there will be no 20mins track on the album.

Few things:
    I will look for some good dropbox for files (as they shouldnt be public, want unique sounds - any suggestions on that?)
    I ll create a skype group to comunicate (will be sent as message or mail) - will be set up tomorrow too. Timezones shouldnt be that big problem - but maybe looking that the ppl working on a songs - have possibilties to communicate - so they shouldnt have that big difference timewise. For me its no problem as it will be a nearly fulltimejob for me - and i m one who doesnt sleep that much, hehe.
    So whos next?

5. 1098606

Guess we should communicate public, so others see that there is progress: just heard Neal Vishers "Charlie" - so first trackcombo will be:
    Neal Vishers: Vox
    Neal Fisher: Guitar n maybe Djembe (hehe, why not)
    FarM (me): Producin, Beats- n Synthmanglin

Lets get ready tooooooooooooooo rrrrrrrrrrrrrumble :)

6. 609523

coolness.. lots of cool stuff happenin... i like all the genres mentioned and can mix styles pretty seemlessly it seems lol...

7. 1098606

Neal: Which key/scale you can handle best with your voice? Could u do some 4 Bar snippet, with random shit at a speed n key of your choice, if possible (if have something already recorded) some 4 Bar snippets of Acoustic n Electric guitar too.
    If u trust me, send it by mail - if not (hey no problem as we know the web) - upload it, and save some screenshot, or something like that, so u re shure i wont use anything without permission :) Think things like this are important to keep the trust in the project...

8. 1098606

Just need it to start some manglin n testin. Just tell me Key Scale BPM.
    Thx for your enthusiasm, exactly what i was lookin for. Any ideas on a theme - as yo voice really got that 60s-70s style there are many possibilities for some cool quotaions.

9. 609523

...um... howlin and chew chew train were in Em, I'm not too bad there..

Trippin with the crickets is G# minor, not baaad, but not enough vocals to really tell..

charlie F# minor i blieve, perhaps F - i forget, that works good

so i figure Em-G# lol

10. 1098606

As u have to feel comfortable - you decide ;) So we start the track in Em. I ll do some test and we do some quick brainstorm to define the story...
    So any suggestions? BRB

11. 609523

how about F or F# ?

90-120 bpm ?

12. 1098606

As i said u decide :) I will make it always depending on the vocals which key we use, cause every singer/rapper/storyteller has their special key - so just tell me :)

13. 609523

i don't know my friend, i just knowhat I've done, but am not a singer by trade... if you have time, make a couple midi loops and i'll try when i'm off work ?

so yeah, let's try f or f# minor at 90-120 bpm please

14. 1100958
    cosmicinfluence : Wed 8th Jan 2014 : 7 years ago

i would love to be involved in this but i feel i am underqualified by comparison. i have little technical knowledge but i am full of idea's. what i can do well is write meaningful lyrics and i can also sing/rap/ do whatever vocaly. i feel the tracks should always try to communicate a message rather than just a combination of generic messages.here is a verse off something i wrote yesteday. let me know if you would like me to get involved in the lyric writing process and possibly recording vocals. if you want me to i can even send you a stem of this vocal so you can hear my delivery. it goes.........
    it feels like i'm the only one to question mankind,
    i got alot of preasure building up in my mind.
    theres gotta be some people keepin secrets from me,
    cos they send me round in circles makin sure i dont see.
    i spend my life in limbo waitin for the next sign.
    been lookin round for signals readin between the lines.
    what,s all this i hear about seek and you'll find.
    i been knockin down the door now for such a long time.

just an expression of how i feel. thanks. graham

15. 1098606

So, decision done: f# minor gonna be delivered soon - sharp n hot, sir :) gimme 2-3 hours gotta eat st and then start workin it out. Speed will be 115 BPM (have made some nice groovin stompers at that speed).
    Great to have u on board m8!

16. 1098606

@ cosmic influence - lol underqualified - have balls man! u can sing nice, and got solid timing on rapping, just heard some track. Your voice gave instant inspiration for what to do with.
    But 1 thing m8: Its not gonna be some Emo thing, i m through that (mostly, hehe).
    So what i expect is: ENERGY (guess u understand) n something that makes people jump up n kick ass (or dance or whatever).
    Think it over - could imagine some laidback DnB sound with u, as u got a voice which could be some nice contrast. So Speed will be 87 BPM ( if you feel comfortable with it, can be nice doubled to 174BPM) - which key/scale fits your voice best (just make a few tests). So we have the second feature.

As u realize guys: i m noone of big discussions - i wanna work things out n find out by doin. No house is build by talking (ok might not look always good n safe, but hey).

How old u re Graham?

Would be nice to have u on board - if that emo thing stays outside (maybe my vision of the upper text is wrong ;). Do a 4-8 bars take in the scale of your choice to let me do some testin n check out how the text appeals. Feel free, cause its one of the few moments during production process u have full decision, and this decision is a base for (Y)OUR track.

17. 1098606

@ cosmic: u have time till tomorrow - as im for now gonna work out st for neal to test.
    Tomorrow well do our tests - as Neal got first recordings to do, hehe ;)

18. 609523

so is it you do a song and feature 1 person per song or is each song having the possibility of multiple looperman members on the same song too ?

19. 1100958

sorry boys i wasn't trying to push in . i thought you were asking for multiple people to all be involved in the same project. not sure if i have misunderstood or if you need to rewrite the request as it seems like that is what you are asking for. i wouldn't try to push in on another looperbrother.graham.

20. 609523

@cosmin - you are correct, he's looking for multiple people for multiple songs in a big project :)

21. 1100958

ok i understand now. u are looking for a featured artist on each track of an album. cool. no worries count me in!!!

22. 1100958

i am 33 honkytonk lol

23. 1098606

Ok seems that i didnt explain right, so let me try:
    Its gonna be an album with around 10 to 12 tracks - eachas a feature of min 1 vocalist and 0-x instrument players.

Related to Neal my vision is as follows: You play very well guitar and have that oldscholl rocksound in yo voice - for me this is enough to get lots of inspiration for some stylesmashin. As we havent enough Looper(wo)men yet - its better to start and let it develop. For sure there is alway room for others - but each track will have a main feature - based on the vocals - or if we have some pure instrumental (this can happen also) - there will be some "main" instrumentalist.

Its right Graham that all will be involved in the same project "featurealbum" but i wont discuss every move with 20ppl - this live wont be enough to get an album done that way :) Your voice gave me instant some total different inspiration like Neals stuff - so why not build something special for that.

So no problem - noone pushed into something - everything allright.

One problem could be: If we dont start now, there will be 20 ppl waitin for something to happen - and i think its impossible to produce 10 songs parallel - but 2-3 will work.

As i didnt mention i plan to release beginning of second half 2014. So theres time to jump in, to jump out - to have creative processes on trackbuilding.

So just keep cool gents - i m just looking for a start.

At the moment i do a feature track with (some Looperman, dont know if he wants to get mentioned, he will tell himself when he gets on board ;)) for his album, you wont believe how little discussions we have on what the other does - cause its all about the trust in the skills one have.

My skill ist to smash it up, mangle through, whatever - just have some trust in what my vision is. Tried to describe in my first post, but as we ll have some videochat session tomorrow, things will get clearer, i hope.
    Its hard to communicate all details - but ill give my best.

24. 1098606

@ Neal: Still workin on it, but not happy yet, gonna send u something after i had few hours sleep... sittin infront of the computer in zombiemode (got no sleep last night). so lil patience - gonna send u tomorrow morning. Thx again both of u for your enthusiasm n interest in this project - have the feeling the right people get on board :) started quicker, better n less complicated than i expected. We ll have our first results very soon...

25. 609523

no problem...

Posts 1 - 25 of 112

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums