Click Here for new free VSTs & plugins added daily

Melodic EDM Collab Producer Needed

Posts 1 - 6 of 6
  1. 761765
    DJwizzy : Wed 1st Jan 2014 : 7 years ago

Hello :)

I recently got into Chillstep and Melodic Dubstep.

Please don't ignore me just for my age, I am serious :)

I want to create something with melody in style of Katy Perry - 'Unconditionally', but no matter how hard I try, I just can't write that kind of melody.

If there's someone who can help in any way (melody, lyrics, production?), I'd be really glad. Of course you'll get full credit :)

I even found some great vocalists willing to collaborate, so it may be a great multi-collab.

If anyone's interested, please drop me an email at .

Thanks so much!!
    / DJ wizzy

2. 347760
    PortraitOfABlackHole : Wed 1st Jan 2014 : 7 years ago

As im assuming your right new to production by the way you are talking(typing) im gunna give a very important piece of advice, don't try to sound like someone else, dont try to mimic another persons melody and use it for yourself, write your own thoughts, at first they will sound like a bad fart, but after a while they will sound like the fart symphony fro family guy, and a while after that they will start actually sounding like a song.

Help with production (mix/m,astering, EQ, compression etc...) this is the place to ask, but trying to biuld your sound around another person is a mistake a lot of people make.

If you like melodic dubstep, that great, go ahead and write melodic dubstep, but write YOUR melodic dubstep, build a sound that YOU enjoy, the entire music industry will thank you for it.

heck, melodic dubstep and complextro is mostly what i write, but there is a difference between trying to fit into a genre and trying to sound like someone else.

Im not trying to bash you, just warning you of the mistake so many people make.

3. 761765
    DJwizzy : Wed 1st Jan 2014 : 7 years ago

Thanks for reply,

You probably don't get me. I produced a lot of tracks already (I am releasing a 12-track album in few weeks), I am just looking for someone to collaborate with so we can make something new.

What's wrong on looking for someone to collaborate with?
    What exactly do you mean by 'new to producing'? I am only new to melodic dubstep :)
    I am producing in FL 10 for almost 4 years now (I started when I was 8 years old, trial-and-error).

I'm just trying to find someone who wishes to create a same genre as I do.

Thanks!

/ DJ wizzy

4. 347760
    PortraitOfABlackHole : Wed 1st Jan 2014 : 7 years ago

I was under the impression that you hadnt really produced before, the way you said "Please don't ignore me just for my age, I am serious" gave me the idea that you were just starting. Bad assumption on my part.

There is nothing wrong with collabing, what im saying is you shouldnt be trying to copy Katy Perry. You shouldn't be trying to copy anyone, The current homogenization of the industry is a result of everyone trying to copy each other.

There might be a misunderstanding here, but you said "I want to create something with melody in style of Katy Perry - 'Unconditionally'" - to be this sounds like you want to almost-copy the melody from this song and use it as your own. This is the part that is bad.

If your simply trying to get picture of a 'mood' to write in, you should ask Google for some info on musical theory (major/minor scales, key, time signatures etc...) and find a more accurate way to describe your ideas. A little theory will go a long way when paired with the right ear.

-Tyler

5. 1056098
    rafael101 : Mon 6th Jan 2014 : 7 years ago

Dj wizzy i understand u r just tryn to paint a picture when u say katy perry to the producers u want to collaborate with.i hav'nt paid much attention to the katy melody but i'm way deep into edm productn,so i say we get to work

6. 672953
    Ozzz : Mon 6th Jan 2014 : 7 years ago

Now that's enthusiasm boys!

Posts 1 - 6 of 6

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums