Exporting Seamless Loops From Fruity Loops FL Studio

Posts 26 - 48 of 48
  1. 1194033
    Venturi : Sat 12th Apr 2014 : 4 years ago Here is what I do:
    1) Make the desired loop, but leave room for reverb at the end to fade out.
    2) Save as a .wav and bring back into the DAW.
    3) Make the reverb section a second track so that the reverb from the loop's end will play at the beginning of it, ensuring a smooth sound transition.
  2. 672953
    Ozzz : Sat 12th Apr 2014 : 4 years ago Venturi: FL studios has the option to wrap loops without the headache of following a stepped procedure. In the export window theres a tab called "Loop mode", within that tab in the drop list is "Wrap remainder". Thats it..

Another option is to have the first note in the loop at a higher velocity than the ending note. However you got to make sure the instrument or synth has a quick attack, but it doesnt always work out..

Theres too many variables to teach anyone. I personally cannot loop pads, mainly those dreamy/mysterious ones - without destroying it, yet I can loop my piano with 100% concert reverb seamlessly. I dont know..

Enjoy..
  3. 1
    Looperman : Sat 12th Apr 2014 : 4 years ago GuitarKid is using Garageband so if anyone has any tips for that
  4. 994534
    Neomorpheus : Fri 30th May 2014 : 4 years ago I totally agree with WonKi.
    I have gotten to the point where I dont use many loops for the very reason that most of them have effects that are cut off and sound like crap when they loop. It would be nice if there were 2 different files allowed. As WonKi points out, with the tails the end user can easily edit it to loop appropriately and still have the tail available for use at the point when the loop stops. For me its a hell of a lot easier to edit a loop with a tail than to try to edit one to fade off correctly with no tail.
    Just my opinion.
  5. 994534
    Neomorpheus : Fri 30th May 2014 : 4 years ago I totally agree with WonKi.
    I have gotten to the point where I dont use many loops for the very reason that most of them have effects that are cut off and sound like crap when they loop. It would be nice if there were 2 different files allowed. As WonKi points out, with the tails the end user can easily edit it to loop appropriately and still have the tail available for use at the point when the loop stops. For me its a hell of a lot easier to edit a loop with a tail than to try to edit one to fade off correctly with no tail.
    Just my opinion.
  6. 994534
    Neomorpheus : Fri 30th May 2014 : 4 years ago Apologise for the dbl post !
    *page to Mod "clean up on isle 3 please"
  7. 666289
    FreeRadical : Fri 30th May 2014 : 4 years ago Sometimes though if you've used a delay or something you need to leave a tail on it or it just sounds like a loop when you loop it. It's not that hard to paste a sample with a slight overlap if that's the case.
    Anyway, that's my two pence worth. I suppose i'd better get on with making some loops now.
  8. 666289
    FreeRadical : Fri 30th May 2014 : 4 years ago Appologies, I basically just said exactly what you said. I bet you didn't know i was a parrot.........Who's a pretty boy then.
  9. 672953
    Ozzz : Fri 30th May 2014 : 4 years ago I tried that three years ago with my old account, Shan tore away my loop posting privilege, lol. No tails allowed!
  10. 672953
    Ozzz : Fri 30th May 2014 : 4 years ago Lol!! ^^
  11. 782612
    40A : Fri 30th May 2014 : 4 years ago How'd you find out they were from FL studio specifically? I mean aside from someone literally making mention of it in their description or perhaps their profile that is.

Won't even lie though, when i first started making loops from FL i nearly always picked the option "cut remainder" as opposed to "wrap remainder". If it's a FX heavy loop the correct option is almost always "wrap", but this can cause some funky play back situations.

Like an awkward intro that, while seamlessly looping, is pretty difficult to listen to once over... since it's "wrapping" the end into the beginning.

"Cut remainder" should be used for dry loops, it has a much more abrupt effect and should only be used if you know what you're doing. Once it ends, it's over...so the beginning of the loop better make sense.
  12. 186161
    Spivkurl : Fri 30th May 2014 : 4 years ago Creative fading in an audio editor can sometimes be useful with loops where "cut remainder" gives and abrupt ending to a loop. If you fade the right amount, the effects are still fully present within the loop, and only the final "tail" of the effect is faded and does not continue. Does not always sound good, but for certain loops with certain effects, this can really help.
  13. 1199608
    celespsycho : Mon 16th Jun 2014 : 4 years ago FL Studio add a tail in my loops. And If I edit the loop on SoundForge, even being a perfect loop Looperman do not recognize them.
  14. 186161
    Spivkurl : Mon 16th Jun 2014 : 4 years ago @celespsycho - sounds like you need to select "cut remainder" when exporting the loops. Try it and see if it makes a difference.
  15. 1199608
    celespsycho : Wed 16th Jul 2014 : 4 years ago Often Looperman confuses a hard bass with a drum and rejects the loop.
  16. 1
    Looperman : Wed 16th Jul 2014 : 4 years ago after over 10 years at checking loops uploaded I have a pretty good ear for things
  17. 139384
    brokenbeats : Sat 18th Oct 2014 : 3 years ago Not sure if this is an issue...seeing as the last post is from 3 months ago.

But just a tip I saw from Jason Donnelly (PLP Loops) a while back.

Maybe this was mentioned but I kind of skipped through some posts.

If a loop has FX like delay or reverb, he'll first render the loop at double the length (so a 4 bar loop repeats to be 8 bars long, or 8 repeats to 16, etc.)

He would then take the rendered loop, and re-render it with a starting point beginning at the 2nd half of the loop (so the last 4 bars of that 8 bar loop, for example).

With that, the 2nd render works well with FX because it's already starting with a buildup of FX from the previous set of bars (which were edited out).

At that point, the 2nd render "wraps"...as FL studio puts it...because the 2nd render begins with the FX and ends with it.

This is something that can be done with any DAW.

And if it's reverb or delay (that's tempo based) it'll loop just fine.

Only issue is perhaps with melodies that don't resolve on the same note that the loop began with, but that's just music...and even professional loops have that issue.

If someone just mentioned all that and I missed it...sorry!
  18. 1259713
    DjMase13 : Tue 7th Apr 2015 : 3 years ago All of my loops have been suspended and i dont understand why I read the description for them but for some reason some of it just doesnt make sense. I always export from fl studio as a wav, but for some reason you keep suspending my loops. A lot of the loops that have tails are actually fx like a reverse crash for example and you marked it as a tail. Can you please help me?
  19. 1259713
    DjMase13 : Tue 7th Apr 2015 : 3 years ago All of my loops have been suspended and i dont understand why I read the description for them but for some reason some of it just doesnt make sense. I always export from fl studio as a wav, but for some reason you keep suspending my loops. A lot of the loops that have tails are actually fx like a reverse crash for example and you marked it as a tail. Can you please help me?
  20. 186161
    Spivkurl : Tue 7th Apr 2015 : 3 years ago It would help if you specified what you were told about the loops, so that we can better assist you in learning.

If you are getting FX rejected, then it is most likely because the loop is not the right length for the tempo or there is a gap/click/bad loop point. For example a reverse crash: you would want the reverse lead in part to be like a measure or half measure long, and then the tail to be the same length, so that the entire loop is exactly two measures long (or one in the case of the half measure length). In FL, you would export the lead in(reverse) measure and the lead out(decay) measure. If your tail is too long, then it will get cut off when you export the loop using "cut remainder." This will get you rejected as well.

Again give us more info and we will try to help!
  21. 1591937
    Tomzovic : Thu 30th Jul 2015 : 3 years ago hey ive created quick tutorial how to upload loop, maybe you can put it on site so people will notice it and watch how to upload loops, heres link:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1SpUGjUQpo

peace
  22. 2186592
    EffectorStudios : Fri 10th Mar 2017 : 1 year ago Looperman,

Curious. So does that mean that every sample uploaded to this site needs to be a "loop" or perfect ending sample?

I.e. no Delay tails and no Reverb tails allowed?
    No single shot samples (percussion, etc) either?
  23. 186161
    Spivkurl : Fri 10th Mar 2017 : 1 year ago EffectorStudios, as I have understood it, if you want something with a tail like this, it must still be made as an even barred loop. Something which can be tempo synced in an average 4/4 project, and will line up with the grid in the looperman waveform image.

I have gotten away with basically one shots, especially in the FX category. As long as the timing for the given tempo is right, and the length is right... then you should be okay,

If Shan disagrees with this, then I digress to his opinion. This is only stated from experience.
Posts 26 - 48 of 48

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Featured Chill Out Track