See our Outer Space RE-201 emulator By AudioThing Review

I M A Bassist And I Offer My Fingers

Posts 1 - 23 of 23
  1. 920952
    zipbass : Fri 8th Nov 2013 : 7 years ago

Hello,

I'm a bassist (in a rock band), I got a Fender JazzBass and all to rec it and Cubase.

I would like to collab with you on your track (work in progress track ^^) wich need a real bass.

I use a free private FTP (20Go), on e-nautia website, so it's easy to send (privately) and keep the last review of track, even if the other is not here.

All music genre except dubstep and heavy metal ..
    I will just try to do my best to find a great bassline.

I'm french, but I understand well english and write no ?

I just want fun, and for me it will make me more practice, and at the end if the track is released (I hope!) just mention me on credits.

That's all !
    gogogo !

2. 1
    Looperman : Fri 8th Nov 2013 : 7 years ago

just wanted to say that its refreshing to see bass loops actually made on the bass rather then a keyboard. keep it up !

3. 186161
    Spivkurl : Fri 8th Nov 2013 : 7 years ago

Yes, very nice loops!

4. 951439
    Evisma : Sat 9th Nov 2013 : 7 years ago

Hello Zipbass! I am very excited to see another bassist on this site! I thought I was alone. I listened to your loops and they should be very useful. It has inspired me to start uploading some bass loops as well.

I would love to know what your signal chain is. You mentioned the jazz bass and cubase, but do you use a DI, effects pedal/s, etc?

I think it would be sweet if we could collaborate on a new track and create some kind of epic bass odyssey!

I write and record almost entirely with the bass. I have a buddy who adds some guitar here and there, but it's mostly bass through everything.

Looking forward to hearing more from you!

Evan

5. 588276
    StaticNomad : Sat 9th Nov 2013 : 7 years ago

Yes, Evisma and zipbass should get together and do a full solo bass song. All drums to be fashioned out of hits and pulls from the bass eg pick scraping the strings can make a hi hat. On stage the frontman is a bass guitar wearing trousers and a hat on its head raised up so the head is level with the microphone.

Actually ,there's a metal album I have featuring only bass players and no guitar.

Here's the info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bassinvaders

6. 920952
    zipbass : Tue 29th Apr 2014 : 7 years ago

I dig out my thread, because I'm still alive and active !
    If you need a real bass in your mix or anything else called "mix" or just "sound" .. ask me, I'll see what I can do.
    I use Cubase5 and FL11 for fun (on 3 screens 8)).

(I'm french so please use simple words ^_^' )

7. 951439
    Evisma : Wed 30th Apr 2014 : 7 years ago

Hey, right on buddy. Great reply. I'm excited about it too! I'll file this under GFY.

8. 920952
    zipbass : Wed 30th Apr 2014 : 7 years ago

Sry but I didn't understand all Evisma. (what is GFY ?)

If you have got some sounds or anything else, to work on it, to give idea, give me a link.

I want make a Jazz/Funk/Rap track.

I will can upload zip Cubase project, but I got a lot of VST .. so that can make bug when open it. So I can use the minimum. or make tracks with the Vst or effect directly recorded on new track.

:)

9. 588276
    StaticNomad : Wed 30th Apr 2014 : 7 years ago

GFY

Surely that's not Go Fuck Yourself, is it?

Surely Evisma doesn't meant that!

Go Find Yoghurt?

Gitanes From Ypres?

Green Fried Yams?

I'm out of guesses (both silly and sensible)

10. 665781
    Soap : Wed 30th Apr 2014 : 7 years ago

oooooooooooooooooooooooH un frenchie... Bienvenue chez les dingues...

11. 942180
    Ratfunsoc : Wed 30th Apr 2014 : 7 years ago

How do i send my tracks to you?

12. 1088502
    tendeir0 : Wed 30th Apr 2014 : 7 years ago

HI zipbass, i was looking for someone to make a "bass collab", and it is a jazz bass that i'm looking for, a bassist that can make some Pat Metheny stuff.
    I was hoping to make some dnb and hip-hop songs.
    If you're interested add me on facebook https://www.facebook.com/nao.fiques.com.essa.cara?ref=tn_tnmn

13. 666289
    FreeRadical : Wed 30th Apr 2014 : 7 years ago

Good to have a real bassist on board and i don't even mind that you're giving me the finger.

Welcome aboard homie.

14. 264208
    LAmuzic : Wed 30th Apr 2014 : 7 years ago

lolol giving you the finger SMH

15. 951439
    Evisma : Thu 1st May 2014 : 7 years ago

Ah, I need to catch up here, I see.

Yes, GFY is "Go Fuck Yourself".

Having voiced my excitement about some kind of bass guitar collaboration with Mr. Zipbass in my first comment, I saw that it was 100 percent ignored.

I take this as a polite way of being told to go fuck myself.

If my first comment was not clear or understood, I would have expected the reply to be "What?", or something to that effect.

Seeing how comments were fully disregarded, I believe I can say that I'm filing the whole thing under GFY. I'm got telling anyone to go fuck themselves, I'm acknowledging that it was figuratively said to me.

I'd love to hear anyone's ideas, complaints and grievances on how I'm inappropriate here. I'm sure I am somehow.

16. 1088502
    tendeir0 : Thu 1st May 2014 : 7 years ago

calm yourself

17. 920952
    zipbass : Mon 30th Jun 2014 : 7 years ago

Hey Evisma, I'm back, you know I'm very busy with my job, and my 2 bands.. sorry. And sorry for not responsding to you in time!

But I'm here again, and for a long time, for sure!

I use Cubase5 with Kontakt5 for drums and GTR tool pack for effect on my bass (pluged without effects).

Here you can find the files (1 OMF file and 1 preview mp3)
    http://uploading.com/folders/get/67c11123/bassduo

The tracks are merged in audio format (there are 2 tracks, drums and bass) Tell me if you got problems to open it.

We can start with this, it's just an example.

cu soon.

18. 588276
    StaticNomad : Tue 1st Jul 2014 : 7 years ago

Excellent. Evisma and Zipbass can now make sweet bass love!

You guys just need to find a couple more bass players and you'll have a full band. Of bass players - that musical line up the world has been crying out for for so long.

19. 951439
    Evisma : Tue 1st Jul 2014 : 7 years ago

Ah, Mr. Zipbass! Good to hear from you!

I apologize for my hasty reaction above. Itchy trigger finger.

I am quite excited to do a collaboration with you still, I'll grab your file tonight.

I use StudioOne exclusively. Most effects are "Pre-DAW" from a Line 6 Bass PODxt Live multi-effects pedal.

20. 951439
    Evisma : Tue 1st Jul 2014 : 7 years ago

Unable to download, computer does not trust site, can you upload to Looperman.com? I have security on computer and it has red flagged your upload site.

21. 920952
    zipbass : Tue 1st Jul 2014 : 7 years ago

hum strange, no problem for me on this website...

well here, one another link (using wetransfert.com)
    http://we.tl/Lu6l68qV1t

Tell me if you got prob.

I don't know if you should use private message ^^ (maybe too much spam here ?) Let me know.

22. 951439
    Evisma : Mon 21st Jul 2014 : 7 years ago

Download is not available on that site.

If you upload it here I know I can use it. If you don't want to, don't worry about it.

23. 642103
    DJCinema : Tue 22nd Jul 2014 : 7 years ago

I need Motown basslines. PLEASSSSSE tell me you can play some.

Posts 1 - 23 of 23

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums