Click Here for new free VSTs & plugins added daily

Why Is Looperman Full Of RUDE People

Posts 26 - 50 of 50
  1. 782612
    40A : Thu 17th Oct 2013 : 7 years ago

huehuehue

2. 942425
    Aiolus : Thu 17th Oct 2013 : 7 years ago

Felt super compelled to answer that this is the internet. When people have relative anonymity they seem to become rude which is to put it mildly. (Sadly)

3. 487562
    edzwood : Thu 17th Oct 2013 : 7 years ago

Well in my experience it's very hard to communicate here. There is tons of room for misunderstanding. I think that many of the people here criticize unfairly in that they assess the music on their terms. "the tempo is too slow" or "you should add vocal" If I don't like trap and I am reviewing a trap song, I have to suspend my prejudice
    and be objective the song "how strong is the chorus" does the music complement the vocs etc. I lot of people don't do that. Also people come and go here at an unbelievable pace. If you go away for a couple of months when you return you know a handful of artists but a hell of a lot of new people post. It's kind of like it only counts for the moment here, it's very hard to sustain any continuity here.BG don't leave you just have to understand there are a lot of assholes in the world. Yeh Some of them come here

4. 942425
    Aiolus : Thu 17th Oct 2013 : 7 years ago

Dunno why I am posting, I am by and large just a leech (I have little music or audio training). My two cents is they should implement a comment rating system as well as a user rating system (based on comment scores, uploads, things like that (see KAT)) this would let you know (sorta) who is "relevant" or "prevalent" and whose comments have some significance as they are weighted by other members. Not a perfect system but better then none.

By the by I love this site. Just grabbed loops for an After Effects intro, and have used loops for video games, commercials, etc. You guys are life savers!

Short AE video I just made with some loops today, it is one of like 40 shorts I am making for a demo reel for clients (upcoming). http://youtu.be/joRvKliJ4QQ

5. 186161
    Spivkurl : Thu 17th Oct 2013 : 7 years ago

I've run into some people who seem to enjoy a good "burn" related to my work, but long ago I have realized that not everyone is going to like what I do. We have to realize that, especially in a global entity like the internet, we are dealing with all sorts of people with different backgrounds, of different ages and things like that. I hope you don't delete your account! I think that having a sense of humour is very important in a situation like this, because some of these "rude" people are barely involved with things, they react in public and then disappear, forgetting about the things they said as soon as they've said them. If it's not important to them, then why should we let it get to us?

6. 631933
    MWRatridge : Thu 17th Oct 2013 : 7 years ago

Hey,

I have been there before and deleted my accent; Eventually I came back because of the good people on the site.
    Tough through it and ask yourself this question...."Who is the a**hole in this situation? Them or me??" If it is them, don't worry; no one on the site likes them anyhow because no one likes an a**hole :)

Mark.

7. 828980
    Burtsbluesboxes : Thu 17th Oct 2013 : 7 years ago

Ignore the rude ones, to get you mad is their goal so don't give them what they want. There's plenty of good people on here. Deleting your account isn't going to hurt them, only you. This site is a wonderful resource and it's a shame it's polluted with all the childishness.

8. 248330
    KAMPUTERA : Thu 17th Oct 2013 : 7 years ago

Where's the PARTY AT? WEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

((((((( L O L )))))))))

9. 715411
    evilarmy83 : Thu 17th Oct 2013 : 7 years ago

There is constructive criticizm and there is shit talk. I have yet to have anyone talk shit to me or vice versa, but I've had plenty of constructive criticism. Im sorry to hear you are having issues with a user or more but I assure you if someone is offending you that much, then that person/s is/are obviously not professional and have little respect for this site and what its about and I recomend ignoring them and moving on because there are way more cool peeps on this site than dumbasses and before you can say looperpooper you will have met some. Fuck em girl, lifes too short.

10. 963405
    ViralSilenc3 : Fri 18th Oct 2013 : 7 years ago

So much for music "bringing people together". lol

Look, music is an experimental thing, there is no right or wrongs but there IS good and bad. What might sound truly horrific to the majority of us might sound good to someone else. That is why it's good to say things like "I personally believe" or "I think that" before you criticize them rather than being like: "You're doing it wrong".

Maybe you do that, maybe you don't. But I've given plenty of criticism and have yet to spark an argument which makes me think you're being a little too harsh.

Just, if you're going to post acapella or ANYTHING for that matter, then don't take it personally if someone uses it in a way you didn't intend.

11. 998072
    InverSound : Fri 18th Oct 2013 : 7 years ago

I find the "musicians" who get the most offended about their work being critisized are the ones who build this ever-increasing heap of software gadgets and devices to hide behind since they know their music is boring and unoriginal

12. 549160
    BabyGee : Fri 18th Oct 2013 : 7 years ago

If saying "To be honest, I think this needs some work. It is off pitch and just doesn't sound right to me" is being harsh, then so be it. When you ask for an opinion, you need to be ready to accept that opinion. Even if you don't agree, it doesn't mean you have to go off on a tangent about how the opinion is wrong. Just state that you appreciate the feedback but you like the way it sounds and that should be it. Agree to disagree.

I don't even have a heap of gadgets or software. I have a decent mic and a recording program. I know my tracks aren't made of gold but if someone uses my acapella in their work and asks for my opinion, they should be open to constructive criticism instead of getting angry at me for giving an opinion I was asked to give.

I'm not about to blow up on someone and be like "Oh my god, this is terrible. My ears are bleeding" and I'm tired of being treated like that's what I did.

13. 715411
    evilarmy83 : Fri 18th Oct 2013 : 7 years ago

I absolutely agree with mistermerlin!! lol

14. 715411
    evilarmy83 : Fri 18th Oct 2013 : 7 years ago

BabyGee, use the negative energy they have directed at you and redirect it into your music and/or acapellas and without a doubt, the outcome will sound superb to anyone and you will feel way better! It's my final opinion on this and I hope the best for you!

-Evilarmy83

15. 963405

Thing is some people AREN'T ready to accept your opinion. That's not your fault in any way at all, it just means that you should tread carefully around people who you're not sure can take criticism well.
    "...It is off pitch and just doesn't sound right to me"

Fair enough. Thing is though there are some people who just can't get a hold of music structure. I once worked with someone (not gonna namecall) who for just some reason couldn't sing in-time with music, they just drift WAY off tempo. But these people THINK that what they are doing works so when you say things like "It is off-pitch" they see YOU as the person who doesn't understand their music rather than THEM being the person who doesn't understand music in general.

Some people only ask for opinions coz they want to hear people call them a genius despite that they're far from one.

As much as I hate lying about music, these are the people you kinda NEED to lie to. Besides, just think of how hilarious it'll be when they run to their friends going "LOOK AT THE MASTERPIECE I MADE" and it's absolute rubbish coz they don't like constructive criticism.

16. 963405

Also, quick hint for any singers out there who don't have proper recording booths:

At the end of your acapella have a small section about 1 second long where your mic is recording nothing. Just have the mic turned on, but don't sing into it.

That way we can take that noise and remove it from the rest of the acapella (or even do it yourself). If done properly it can make a $20 mic sound like a $100 mic

17. 837584
    YMCMB : Fri 18th Oct 2013 : 7 years ago

@ViralSilenc3

finally someone who knows my technique! lol

18. 963405

^ I'm sure/hope many others on this site also know that technique. If not that kinda worries me, lol.

19. 944056
    Darkreine : Fri 18th Oct 2013 : 7 years ago

The trouble with any creativity is this. You've given birth to your little piece and you don't want anyone messing with or bad mouthing it. And that's how it should be, but don't let the ego come in the way of rational thought here. (I'm not talking about anyone specifically, just a generalization). Having said that, there is no need to be rude to anyone, if you do then you're just being an asshole! If you don't like the music, don't comment, it's as simple as that. I'm not saying we should all be kiss asses, just that we should respect the efforts that others have made. Negativity breeds negativity and there's enough of that in the world already.

Peace and light to you all.

20. 954368
    clindsay : Fri 18th Oct 2013 : 7 years ago

It's funny but I have had the opposite experience. People have been too polite.
    I post my tracks to get feedback from members and often they seem to bend over not to be too critical. Often they are trying to get their tracks moved up in the featured list - I understand - but I use the site to get other ears and experience realizing that what I put out there is not going to be to everyone's taste.

21. 883744
    ElectronBlue : Fri 18th Oct 2013 : 7 years ago

Now when you're into Circuit bent off the planet sounds that are turned into great sounding music. Then having the nerve to ask people to give feed back, you need look no further than SpivKurl for some serious circuit bent feedback. But I have never seen him have a RANT yet. For that he gets a lot of respect. Even from the people who can't stand his music.

22. 365820
    WongKiShoo : Fri 18th Oct 2013 : 7 years ago

I haven't read every post, but feel the need to add my two cents :)

If someone uploads a poor quality pella, be it sound quality wise or just plain lack of ability, I do think to myself "why bother?" .. but I wouldn't go out of my way to be rude about it.

And I have to agree with the OP, it really is annoying when someone can't take criticism about their work... I would muuuuuuch rather someone tell me the negative's about my work than the positives.. I don't wanna hear "yeah, sounds good" or other placating comments. The only way I know I'm doing something wrong is when someone tells me so..

There are ways of telling people their music sucks that won't upset them.. it's all about tact.

23. 372886
    Bilbozo : Fri 18th Oct 2013 : 7 years ago

As well. What needs to be said is if you are too sensitive about your work, take offense in opinions or are overcritical about yourself in general...you are in the wrong business / hobby. While creation is a pleasure, you are putting yourself, your spirit, experience on a platter. People need to take things at face value and even if you disagree, be willing to look at what was said and analyze why they felt that way about your work. This is a learning process. No matter what feedback you get, it's an opportunity to understand how you can do better. Striving to the next level as you progress becomes more challenging and outside information is a roadmap to help you on your journey. While an artist may be unique, perhaps not perfect, there is always room for improvement which includes how you deal with the outside world when you receive feedback. I admit, I got tired when everyone used to sugarcoat my music when myself, I knew I had flaws that have been obvious. Be who you are and seek the truth about yourself and where you want to be.

24. 626235
    Jan27h : Sat 19th Oct 2013 : 7 years ago

people should realize that we, who are making loops and stuff, are here to give them some inspiration or ideas. Its really 'take it or leave it'.
    It's ok to say what COULD be better to do ... not what we SHOULD do. (I hope you guys know what I'm trying to say lol)

25. 365820
    WongKiShoo : Sat 19th Oct 2013 : 7 years ago

bilbozo said it all...

Posts 26 - 50 of 50

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums