Click Here for new free VSTs & plugins added daily

Why Is Looperman Full Of RUDE People

Posts 1 - 25 of 50
  1. 549160
    BabyGee : Thu 17th Oct 2013 : 7 years ago

There are so many rude people on this site, it's sickening. I really enjoy collabing with some of you, but I'm considering deleting my account. I'm getting really tired of rude messages, comments, etc.. First of all, if you can't speak someone's language, it is not right for you to get upset at them when they tell you they can't understand you. Second of all, just because you don't like something someone creates, does not mean you should treat them like crap. Third, if you ask someone for their opinion on something, don't get offended when they give it to you but it works both ways. If you aren't asked for your opinion and you give a rude one, don't get offended when someone tells you to shove off. Just because we're miles away and have a screen between us, doesn't mean we don't have feelings. Personally, I can't stand it when someone mixes my vocals with their music in the wrong key or off beat and then asks me for my opinion. If you don't want to hear that you can't mix properly, don't ask. I realize that people are amateurs, but I've had a lot of people agree with me. If you don't know what you're doing and you act like you know everything, don't be surprised when you are told that something isn't right. Better yet, don't try to argue about it and start name calling. I KNOW my tracks do not have great sound quality. I don't need to be told a hundred times when I clearly state it on almost everything I post. I know I sound mean right now but I am upset and this is the rants and raves forum. Why can't people just be nicer?

2. 782718
    Unknown User : Thu 17th Oct 2013 : 7 years ago

Well you are very right! I agree totally. But you were rude to me when we emailed back and forth. I made amends with 2 different people on this site though so I cant complain. It's easy to misread or misinterpret what people say. That maay or not be the case.

3. 782718
    Unknown User : Thu 17th Oct 2013 : 7 years ago

may not*

4. 851137
    crucethus : Thu 17th Oct 2013 : 7 years ago

It's funny, but I always wonder why people get so emotional over critique on a site that's about critique. It's usually A. to try to help you, B. to express what a certain person might like in a listening to an artists creation. . We always have 2 choices in this situation. To agree with the critique and work towards changing the sound, or to dismiss the critique politely and thank them for listening to us and providing feedback but state we like what we have created and we won't be changing it. And that's it... As artists sometimes it's hard to hear others dismantle what we might have made, but on this site, when you put your song out there for all to hear and critique, people will comment. Sometimes they may comment positive or negative or seem to be coarse in there judgement. But you must realize that this is the whole world, and not just your little town you live in. People's response may be rude to you but not rude to there country. Listen to what people say.........then respond....tactfully. If you are using this site to make tunes solely for your husband...then you know what...make him a CD and express your joy to him. But no...you chose to post on a site with musicians who have opinions...and ideas to help expand the wonderful creations you have made. And I stress Wonderful because you have a talent. If people have used your pellas and you don't like it...express how they can change it!! don't whine about it. I used your pella in a song I did, that received wonderful feedback and I heard squat from you about it! So maybe it's time to act like a mature professional musician. Instead of being a social media Whiner! (I know that last line is harsh, but it makes me very disappointed in you)

5. 549160

I probably just haven't gotten around to listening to it. I've been pretty busy. I apologize for not listening to it yet. However, no, I did not just join this site to write a song for my husband but I did write that particular song for him and as I stated in a comment, previously, the reason I uploaded it on here is because the music was done by a Looperman artist. I think she deserves to have credit for it, don't you? I was not just referring to that comment from the hypocrite that told me I try too hard. I was talking about in general on here. I see a lot of it on here all the time. Not just to me. Some people are just rude for no reason on here. As for expressing how they can change it, I usually do and then I get backlack when THEY asked for my opinion. I'm not allowed to be a social media whiner in the "Rants and Raves" forum?

6. 549160

backlash*

7. 837584
    YMCMB : Thu 17th Oct 2013 : 7 years ago

I haven't experienced much hate on my tracks but I really think the rudeness in the forums pages needs to end.

I've read things from posts as simple as "shut up" or "you will not be missed if you leave this site" to things like "He needs to be slapped in the face with a glock". So yeah, I def understand where this is coming from and think it all needs to be toned down.

I really liked your point about just because there's a screen between two people doesn't mean they don't have feelings.

this place needs to clean up a bit. It's just my opinion though

8. 782612
    40A : Thu 17th Oct 2013 : 7 years ago

paragraphs help.

9. 444193
    StereoMathematics : Thu 17th Oct 2013 : 7 years ago

its the internets! people are rude because they can be. asking people not to be rude online is like asking water to not be wet. just gotta ignore the cretins, dwelling on their negativity negatively affects you. you wouldnt throw away an entire hawaiian pizza just because their was a single piece of ground beef on it? well, that would depend on if you eat meat or pineapples i guess, but you know what i mean.

10. 853501
    iluvr : Thu 17th Oct 2013 : 7 years ago

i just wish people could at least leave a comment or a like if they listen!

11. 435506
    FastFunghi : Thu 17th Oct 2013 : 7 years ago

@40A
    U r just being a troll now, right? xD

12. 549160

If I like something, I'll comment. I personally only listen to about 20 seconds of a song before I decide if I like it or not. Sometimes, if I think the artist had a good thing goin but was missing something, I'll let them know IF they ask for feedback.

13. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Thu 17th Oct 2013 : 7 years ago

Looperman is I suppose a reflection on the moods and whims of many different people,some can rub you up the wrong way but my experience overall has been very good..mind you there's some cases out there that should get their lithium from Phone batteries and not by prescription! ...contemplating deleting your account is overreacting a little I'd say,the trouble with the internet is the perception that the person who has the most vitriolic and repetitive posts wins.....my advice,don't worry too much about it,if at any stage this rudness turns into abusive behavior then you've got some options,which are covered in the forum guidelines....

14. 435506
    FastFunghi : Thu 17th Oct 2013 : 7 years ago

Well I think as long as it is constructive critique it's awesome. We should have more of that around here. So why people start being rude to you when being told the song is off key with the vocal is weird. You hold the right as it is your vocal to review the stuff other people make with it. Hell, you could even demand to put it offline when it's not complimenting the vocal at all without having to get through hatemail afterwards.

in a happy world it would. Anyway, same goes for critiqueing your vocals as they are of low sound quality.
    They screamin', get a better mic and recording software, you deserve that stuff!

*grouphug*

15. 549160

Yeah, but I can't afford it and I've said so like a bajillion times. It's like no one reads the descriptions or anything. I know my recording quality sucks. I can't afford to go buy hundreds of dollars worth of equipment. I don't claim to be a producer either. I'm just a singer with ideas that I wanted to share with other artists.

16. 782612

Not trolling, just stating the obvious. Generally if you're trying to get a point across (or in this case, just venting frustration) it helps to organize your thoughts with proper sentencing formats and stuff.

I mean i'm sure you'll stop reading this in about 20 seconds because i'm not going to paragraph anything because i feel that everyone should automatically add punctuations and visualize a way to separate the word storms in their mind. I mean it's the internet why do we need to worry about trivial things like basic grammar and formatting we learned back in the 5th grade but i digress the real reason i'm typing this is because i like to see myself type and sometimes i re-read it over, and over again like "wow im so smart roflamo" casually giving myself a mental high-five because i'm amazing at everything lol. I actually hate typing tbfh because whenever you think you said something really awesome it ends up sounding totally the opposite of being awesome so i guess i just contradicted everything i just wrote and im not even sure if this is the 5th paragraph yet but im glad you took the time to read it, p.s

I lov u.

17. 549160

Actually, I did read it all. Thanks for proving my point.

18. 782612

Yay i'm rude......?

Let's talk.

"Personally, I can't stand it when someone mixes my vocals with their music in the wrong key or off beat and then asks me for my opinion"

Well, this is a site specifically for downloading and creating music. Quite frankly it isn't any of your business whether they decide to completely cook, fry or destroy your samples to create their own stuffs.

This doesn't mean you're automatically required to like everything you hear, but that also doesn't mean that there's a "right" way to use something in regards to musical creativity.

So putting someone on the spot, and chastising them for using your samples in the "wrong" way (aka the way you originally envisioned it) is, in my opinion the very embodiment of rudeness. It's out of place.

Sometimes when i hear my loops in other works i don't exactly agree with it either, but i'm disagreeing with the production or the flow of the music. Not my actual, individual sample. I don't isolate that one piece of sound and give an opinion based on that.

:) smiley face for tension release.

19. 549160

Okay, I need to correct that statement. I guess I got too into my rant and ended up not finishing my sentence. What I meant was that I can't stand it when they ask for my opinion and then get upset when I give it to them.

20. 782612

"If you don't want to hear that you can't mix properly, don't ask"

That's pretty deep, here i thought that i was reading a rant about how there's so many rude people on the Loop and then i realized I'm actually reading a case study of it.

If you honestly need to take a fine comb over every bloody thing you hear, in regards to anything that has your samples in it. Then maybe this isn't the place for you, honestly.

21. 549160

As you take a fine tooth comb over everything I wrote in the heat of the moment...
    Sorry, I stand by my statement. If you aren't ready to hear something like "Good work, but I think the song would sound better if you changed either the pitch of the vocals to match the music or the music to match the vocals" then you shouldn't ask for feedback.

22. 782612

I agree that if they're personally asking your opinion on something they've done with your samples... that you should try to be as genuine as possible.

But i also realize this website isn't exactly a professional venue for seasoned engineers and audiophiles. So i know that it's not going to sound absolutely perfect. I don't dissect every possible flaw or abnormality because this isn't the place.

I give a review based on what i hear, and what i know. I "know" this individual is an aspiring producer, and i "hear" progress.

What you're suggesting is like taking a hammer to paper nails. We're all learning, always. Just ease up on your expectations from the people who utilize this site, and generally just chill out hombre.

Life not dat srs

23. 832334
    the47 : Thu 17th Oct 2013 : 7 years ago

i find it amusing when amateurs who can't align a vocal sample without missing a beat or key tell me about the high frequency of the hats in my mix or the stereo imaging of the piano

24. 848132
    mrwolf14 : Thu 17th Oct 2013 : 7 years ago

Good thread.
    I agree to our good PJB: ignore the rude people.
    And I would like to add: try to give honest feedback, always.
    Even if we are all amateur (certainly I am) we should all help each other in growing and become better musicians (is a producer a musician? ... this is a total different story...)

@the47: I disagree, we can express our opinion on a lot of things we "know" even if we cannot "do" them.
    I cannot write books, but I have read thousands of them, I think I know what is good and what is not.
    Of course, IMVHO (gosh, I was almost being rude on a thread on rudeness...)

25. 832334
    the47 : Thu 17th Oct 2013 : 7 years ago

@mrwolf14
    yeah, that's why i said that i find it amusing :)

you cannot write books - but then again, you're not running around and telling authors how to do their job, right?

Posts 1 - 25 of 50

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums