Never Gonna Upload On Looperman Again

Posts 1 - 25 of 62
  1. 553864
    Khawaja : Mon 7th Oct 2013 : 6 years ago

Hi! Many of you may not know me. That's cool. I've only been uploading loops for a year now (I think), but I've used this site for drum loops in my own tracks. I started uploading loops because there weren't enough "psychedelic/trippy" loops and too many "dubstep" sounding loops (in my opinion). But, over the past few weeks, more of my loops have been disapproved (although a lot of people have downloaded them) because either they don't follow the standard four bars or sound "low-quality". Again, there are plenty of people who are uploading nice "high-quality" loops, but I don't want to upload loops that everyone is already doing. Until the people who are in charge of reviewing loops accept that notion, I'm uploading anything. I guess I'm just ranting here now, but why suspend a loop from August now; especially when over 200 people have downloaded it. It's ridiculous.

2. 832334
    the47 : Tue 8th Oct 2013 : 6 years ago

dude, no offence, but I just listened to your loops and they have no time signature whatsoever. add to that poor recording quality and you have useless loops that people (that know how music works) can't use in their songs. Unless they chop the shit out of them, and arrange it to tempo..

3. 610521
    SamAndHisGuitar : Tue 8th Oct 2013 : 6 years ago

First off. They are in a time signature. There is no such thing as music without time signature. The shit doesn't exist. If you want your mind blown, I have a few 6,7, and 11 tuplet runs in my song, Releasing the Albatross. No big deal. Just thought you might want to know. Not to mention tempo, modulation, and Dorian, Phrygian, and other exotic scales constantly revolving in one another. Yet again, no big deal. It's not poor quality, that's the way he wanted it. In case you can't hear the variance in the recordings that people (that know how music works) can. Half a tard with Audacity could render his loops into any song. Besides. How can you trash a guy who has more downloads than you? Just saying. Don't shit on him. And, fuck whoever took his shit down.

4. 832334

no such thing as music without a time signature? bullshit. some people just can't hear if they are hitting the beat.. i've seen that a lot around here.
    thus, what comes out is a 4/4 but which doesn't make sense and has notes all over the place.
    you could try to persuade me that it's some mixolydian scale in 8/6, with the lo-fi effect (on every recording lol) but i think that it's amateurism.
    didn't want to sound harsh, but that's the way things are

5. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Tue 8th Oct 2013 : 6 years ago

There's a couple of things you need to get straight,first off this place is run by one guy Looperman,he vets all the loops,organizes the whole shindig,everything...if your material doesn't come up to his standards and you feel aggrieved take it up with him privately and not in some petulant immature rant, @ samandhisguitar..swearing at Loopermasn isn't a very bright thing to do,I'd advise finding reverse on your push bike and leaving the attitude at the door.

6. 610521
    SamAndHisGuitar : Tue 8th Oct 2013 : 6 years ago

With all due respect, Planetjazzbass, who is Shan to delete anyone else's recordings. It's not 'petulant or immature' either to want to offer something to a community of musicians, then have it thrown in your face. It is in proper time. It is in proper tempo. In the real world of music. Away from this interface crap that binds people to regurgitated sounds, there is a thing called 'Respect'. Especially if it is original, and even more so if it is progressive. I have played many live events, I have played for and with some of the most famous musicians that I didn't deserve to meet let alone perform with. And, never. Never, did any of these people deliberately put down music. No matter how awkward, or unusual it is. It's expression. It's one man or woman transferring themselves vicariously through an instrument. There is nothing in this world more vulnerable than letting yourself come through in music. So. Non-chalantly de-crediting a musician has no merit. Whether from you. Or, Shan. I am strictly on this site now to help actual musicians. I will not upload my music. I simply come here when off work from the fire station to help musicians. That is all. If Shan or anyone else sees fit, kick me off of here. At least someone around here gives a shit about music still. Don't think you will get a reply out of me on this forum either. A keyboard warrior will get no where with me. Cheers, real musicians.

7. 832334

The one thing worse than closing your eyes on obvious mistakes of a musician is publicly approving them.
    I believe that only with trial and error comes perfection. Praising everything that comes out of your speakers is just not going to help your progress. If something sounds bad - then i prefer to say that it's bad. And why.

Btw, we all here have experience, live and studio, years of work behind us. Blindly approving everything that gets thrown out in the web is not going to do good for the sake of music. Cheers.

8. 630386
    JoeFunktastic : Tue 8th Oct 2013 : 6 years ago

Oh my goodness Planetjazzbass, Geez! SamAndHisGuitar makes some very valid points here. And also just last week I told Looperman the same thing. Just like Khawaja said: "I will never upload another loop here on this site." I was a very motivated for years here. I have upload over 1,000+ loops here and I am in the top 10 of the overall uploaders here but I look for no special treatment here just respect as an artist. I warned Looperman that this site will not grow if it is treated like a weekend bedroom project dot com. I pointed out fact after fact why removing Groove Loops last week was a bad idea Planet. It's was doing well, it was ranked high here, I got thousands of downloads, nothing illegal occurred, it's a legitimate artform but it came down to one man's preference. And there you were, "I see what your point Shan"......the bootlicking really needs to stop here! Something that has been working for years gets stripped away for no apparent reason other than, "hey it's my site and I'll take things away on a whim and you can't do anything about it." Oh yes I can do something about it, I stopped uploading loops. We lost a lot of great musicians here because of things like this. If the goal is to insult your sponsors Like PrimeLoops and tell them Groove Loops suck, which are the products they sell here and stop the flow of quality loops from me and others, then there is something really bad happening here on this site.

Planetjazzbass, why must you act like some kind of police enforcer. If SamAndHisGuitar was offensive, last I checked you are NOT a moderator here. Let the Admin do his job. This is a forum which means it is an expression of free opinions. I've seen you rudely curse out and swear at a 16 year old child on this site once before Planet so stop the hypocrisy! I warned Looperman that he has hindered my musical expression by removing Groove Loops, hindered my fans from getting my work, insulted his sponsors and ignore Google stats that showed he was leading in Groove Loops. I advised him that there are time when personal preferences can hurt you and is bad for business. And then the bootlicking followed. the47, like Khawaja said, over 200 people download his work. Even if two people downloaded it, it's still a valuable piece of work whether you agree or not. With over 200 downloads on the loop in question it proves that there is something artistic and of quality value in his loop that was in question. the47, you are not the end all determination what is good sounding or bad here. I rather hear from the 200+ people who download Khawaja's fine work! They'd school you on a thing or two! What gets me is there is a Weird genre tag on this site but legitimate tags and loops get hammered hard and beat up the most here. Thank you for your fine work Khawaja!

9. 832334

Yeah, i would love to hear what those 200 people come up with using the guy's loops. Seriously.

Instead of complimenting his "fine" playing/recording skills, you should have rather gave him some valuable advice on how to make it sound decent.

Btw, I am glad at any point to offer advice to anyone on this website.

10. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Tue 8th Oct 2013 : 6 years ago

Lol...I feel sorry for you,how embarrassing.

11. 1
    Looperman : Tue 8th Oct 2013 : 6 years ago

Its quite shocking to see how something quite simple and without malice gets out of hand.

I wrote a blog post that explains to everyone how things work and what is taken into account when checking loops. The post was created to make it quicker to manage the uploads and to avoid the common pitfalls.

https://www.looperman.com/blog/detail/62/how-to-make-quality-loops-and-samples-to-upload-and-share-on-looperman

These days once someone has access to upload their loops are instantly available rather then sitting in a queue. This is good in that people are not waiting for them to be checked but not so good in that loops that dont work for one reason or another are also available. When I get the chance I look through the new uploads and weed out any with problems and leave a note to explain whats up.

Joe, I mailed you back to discuss your thoughts on it all but did not hear back from you. Ive always taken users comments into consideration and this is not something that has changed.

I dont remove loops for the sake of being awkward I just go by the guidelines that were set up to try and give us some type of standards.

There seems to be a lot of resentment or anger here where there does not need to be.

12. 438673
    DJSchmeeJ : Tue 8th Oct 2013 : 6 years ago

From Khawaja's profile

"My Music Sounds Like...
    Crap. Honestly, it does sound like crap. As proof of evidence, go to my soundcloud page: kkjr or kkjr2
    Or go to my youtube channel: darkmoon786"

I don't get it. If you describe your music as "crap" why would you get mad if your loops are not approaved? I tried to upload loops several times and got the same message. I didn't let it make me feel as if they were worthless... or crap. I just assumed I did something wrong and moved on. Your music is an expression of your soul, it's never right or wrong. However, when you are given guidelines to adhere to, you have to adhere to them. As an engineering student, you must have an understanding of that. Just because a bridge is beautiful doesn't mean it is structurally sound.

13. 553864
    Khawaja : Wed 9th Oct 2013 : 6 years ago

I'm sorry if I thought that this place would be an avenue for new ideas. I was mistaken.
    As for why I am complaining when my loops aren't approved while I "acknowledge" its crap/indecent: I'm for crappy music! Music needs to be destroyed. It needs to be terrible as possible to attain true individuality, I think. It needs to be Indecent.
    Like I just said, I'm sorry in mistaking that this would a venue for exploring what's possible and sharing it with others.
    I don't mind criticism. I welcome it, but don't bullshit me over something like "its not the proper amount of bars" when an overwhelming number people clearly didn't mind it.
    Besides, I don't how many times I've had to edit someone else's loop to fit my need. If the complaint is that people have to work hard in "editing/fixing" my loop, well they should. They need to work and sweat hard for their craft.

I understand Looperman is limited by space when it comes to loops. It's cool, but I just won't be uploading anything else because this isn't the place for me apparently.

But what really irks me is that Looperman says they check loops as they come in on queue, so why go to a really old (successful) loop I did and ban it now? To me, it feels as though you're taking out your annoyance on me because I emailed to you complaining about how you banned two loops of me for being "a bar too long" at time when you made no declaration about how many bars YOU want a loop to be.

14. 553864
    Khawaja : Wed 9th Oct 2013 : 6 years ago

Oh, and Looperman, you missed one:

https://www.looperman.com/loops/detail/61078

15. 907685
    Blueeskies : Thu 10th Oct 2013 : 6 years ago

This is such a cute little thread.

16. 553864
    Khawaja : Thu 10th Oct 2013 : 6 years ago

@blueeskies Isn't it so?

17. 911324
    Zenway : Thu 10th Oct 2013 : 6 years ago

Actually I am kind of glad to see this post if nothing else to see if this site is still alive! I hope however that this can be resolved amicable.

P.S. I am one of the 200ers. :)

18. 208341
    drmistersir : Thu 10th Oct 2013 : 6 years ago

hey hey hey
    whoa

so the groove loops are gone now?
    I go black for 3 lil ol months
    and the loops loses it's groove?

worse even; shuns its groove

what a world

19. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Fri 11th Oct 2013 : 6 years ago

Try to understand this..the Loop hasn't lost it's groove loops,just the way they are presented which is in a more user friendly format ..the47 has got it down pat without resorting to any histrionics or drama https://www.looperman.com/forum/thread/180905/uploaded-crunk-loops-pack
    Furthermore agreeing with people and approving of sensible implementations isn't bootlicking,brown nosing,uncle tom-ing or any other insecure epithet those slow on the uptake may venture.

20. 438673
    DJSchmeeJ : Fri 11th Oct 2013 : 6 years ago

It's not a matter of your music's time signatures. A song can have what ever time signatures you deem appropriate. Again, there's no right or wrong when you creaye music. The question here is about LOOPS, and by the mere definition of a loop, it must follow a repeatable pattern... inlcuding time signatures... or it's not going to "loop" properly. It's all good Khawaja, create on! Just understand that if your loop won't loop, it ain't a loop... it's a sound clip.

21. 186161
    Spivkurl : Fri 11th Oct 2013 : 6 years ago

>Oh, and Looperman, you missed one:
    >
    >https://www.looperman.com/loops/detail/61078

Khawaja, I think this one is pretty well on time and seems to loop okay. So it makes sense.

22. 553864
    Khawaja : Fri 11th Oct 2013 : 6 years ago

@DJSchemeeJ that's debatable. I can have a "loop" that doesn't repeat anything on its own or follow a "time signature" or a definable beat. but when you repeat that "loop" or, as you put it a soundbite, for however long you want, it loops.

@Spivkurl I have to say much respect to you because I do use your loops frequently. They're pretty cool. I was pointing out that it has a lot of hiss and clicks, or in other words, it is as "poorly recorded" as its counterpart that was banned. Again, to me, the review process seems more like "let me go as a I please and nitpick on something". I'm just saying

23. 186161
    Spivkurl : Fri 11th Oct 2013 : 6 years ago

I see what you mean. I guess the hiss and clicks to me just give it a vintage character. I've had some loops removed recently too, but later figured out that that set of loops had gaps and I didn't catch it. Lots of people downloaded them before they got removed, so I feel your pain.

Glad to hear you use my loops! My modular synth is almost done, so I'll have some interesting new stuff soon... and I'm not sure it'll have a definable time sig! LOL

24. 268784
    3n0 : Fri 11th Oct 2013 : 6 years ago

just listen to youre loops and i dont really understand why r u angry?
    as u said they are poorly recorded with lots of noise...
    to be honest they are barely usable.

25. 553864
    Khawaja : Fri 11th Oct 2013 : 6 years ago

@Spivkurl Can't wait to hear it.

@3n0 for you, perhaps. for me and a rare few, its very usable.

Posts 1 - 25 of 62

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads