See our Outer Space RE-201 emulator By AudioThing Review

Is It Just Me

Posts 1 - 11 of 11
  1. 666289
    FreeRadical : Wed 17th Jul 2013 : 7 years ago

Who remembers when being a music fan meant actually visiting your nearest music retailer and purchasing CD's, Vinyls and cassettes?
    Now don't get me wrong, the MP3 caused a revolution in music but to a point it's also ruined it a bit.
    I remember back in the day when i bought CD's i used to actually know stuff about the band in question thanks to the informative inlay card/cover art thingamy jig.
    These days, everything just gets downloaded on to my MP3 player and i don't know diddly squat jack s**t about anyone anymore.
    I'll be in the car playing tunes and a friend will ask what i'm listening to. My answer is nearly always "I don't know" and it's just dawned on me that there's something wrong with that.
    Does anyone else suffer from this not knowing about stuff syndrome? Or am i just getting Alzheimers?

2. 776955
    Billydragon1 : Wed 17th Jul 2013 : 7 years ago

You're not alone bud! It's also hard to let go off them. Yes those inlay covers with pictures, infor's and lyrics completed the actual music package. And having those tangible items made you feel closer to the music i guess. Now speaking of cassettes... :)

3. 666289
    FreeRadical : Wed 17th Jul 2013 : 7 years ago

cassettes were the best. Gone are the days that your friends would do you a mix tape of their favorite tracks.
    I mean a CD is good but with a mix tape you know that they actually had to pick and record the tracks manually one at a time.
    There just isn't any love in it anymore.

4. 208341
    drmistersir : Wed 17th Jul 2013 : 7 years ago

speaking of love and mixtapes
    those were the ones I remember mixtapes to or from your girlfriend.

those and the ones that were for specific car rides (or types of car rides)

plus, there's no hidden signals and fun stuff like that in an mp3. jacket and jewel case art are sorely missed

5. 944056
    Darkreine : Wed 17th Jul 2013 : 7 years ago

Someone give me a gun!!!

6. 208341
    drmistersir : Wed 17th Jul 2013 : 7 years ago

??

you were just added to a no fly list
    best case scenario

7. 848132
    mrwolf14 : Thu 18th Jul 2013 : 7 years ago

I used to draw the cassette covers while recording them...it took a lot of time to make such mixtape.
    Putting together some mp3 is much easier and faster (bug again... just for this it doesn't have the same meaning)

So, no it's not just you.
    But be aware... this is a sign that we are getting older
    Peace, Domenico

8. 666289
    FreeRadical : Thu 18th Jul 2013 : 7 years ago

@mrwolf - I sure am getting older and it's great. It entitles me to moan about things like twitter, smart phones and "towie" to name but a few.

9. 883744
    ElectronBlue : Thu 18th Jul 2013 : 7 years ago

Bring back 8 track I say. Lets start a petition.

10. 848132
    mrwolf14 : Thu 18th Jul 2013 : 7 years ago

@12 String: I have an old tascam 8 track... the case is made of wood and it has a remote control, wired of course.
    Sooner or later I need to bring it back to life...

11. 883744
    ElectronBlue : Thu 18th Jul 2013 : 7 years ago

Wow, museum piece. Look after it man. I remember my 8 track in my cortina. Great sound, better than modern tape.

Posts 1 - 11 of 11

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums