Your Way Of Thinking Of Mind Blowing Lyrics

Posts 1 - 25 of 29
  1. 950526
    RapperCAS : Sat 29th Jun 2013 : 9 years ago

Just a question, how do some of you guys make your best lyrics? Do you have like a routine process? Do you play music while you compose? What helps you think? I usually just write or sit and think til i think of a good line. Lately... i've trying a lil wayne approach. I try to be like lil wayne cause he is so good with lyrics. Sometimes i smile or laugh at his awesome lyrics. But maybe some of you guys can help me? Just want to know how you guys do it.

2. 905673
    SoulMaaaan85 : Sat 29th Jun 2013 : 9 years ago

i usually keep my composition book (lame but effective) and not on any regular basis but at random I come up with lines that compliment one another but i dont stick to one piece i just write as it comes to me but not about any specific subject. I may use part of an entry for one song and the other part in a totally different project. Just because your work didnt fit into the current proj. doesnt mean its not completely legit as the hook for another track or idea for a song. I found that later I am able to go back in my book and fire off carefully crafted hooks and undeniably appropriate lyrics which are sometimes readjusted over a fresh concept or track and find the completion a lot more quickly and even achieve a desired result or draft in half the time it took beginning from scratch. i know jayz may not write anything down but I am not married to beyonce knowles either. If you care to try this you'll find that your lyrics end up more readily available to you mentally if you have taken however long it takes to write it out roughly while the end product may very well be that you have no need to keep a comp book with you in the booth or on a mic because it gets sort of impressed upon your memory making it more malleable when using it over different parameters depending on the piece of music. ok well this is my humble two cents ....maybe three but keep the change? JK but seriously get scribbling! PS my book looks like the diary of a mad man not to worry if yours looks like a mess, its mellow to see my frame of mind reflected in my printing or handwriting and adds insight into the editing process.

3. 905673
    SoulMaaaan85 : Sat 29th Jun 2013 : 9 years ago

ps think like a thesaurus or get a thesaurus app for when you get stuck

4. 817298
    Enzotic : Sat 29th Jun 2013 : 9 years ago

I usually start by either writing something poetic or by taking something that's cliche and giving it a slightly different meaning. From there I just write everything I can down.

5. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Sun 30th Jun 2013 : 9 years ago

Are you serious,you try to be and think like lil wayne!..that's verging on a criminal offence..lol...there is no hope for the youth of today!...all your going to come up with is a lot of 2nd hand moves and jaded ideas...here's a tip, get some life experience first then use that,not some make up lame crap you think might sound cool!......sheesh

6. 817298
    Enzotic : Sun 30th Jun 2013 : 9 years ago

Don't knock someone else's way of doing art and expressing creativity. If Lil Wayne is his influence, then let it be. We all are inspired by someone.

7. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Sun 30th Jun 2013 : 9 years ago

Not only will I knock it I'm going to condemn it without reservation!!!..any so called 'artist' that continually degrades women,advocates violence,drug use and is a total object of scorn amongst his peers shouldn't be praised or used as a roll model..I'd put some of his lyrics down here as an example but the Looperman guidelines prohibit me...any legitimate HipHop producer laughs at Lil Wayne....get rational...next you'll be telling me Nicki Minaj is fantastic!...lol

8. 776955
    Billydragon1 : Sun 30th Jun 2013 : 9 years ago

Planetjazzbass offers a valid point, get life experience first. Go through challenges in life, don't avoid problems, solve them. Set goals and achieve them and along the way you build up answers of life, solutions and inspirations that you can turn into writing form(lyrics) and put into music.

As for people like Lil'Wayne, Jayz etc - you have to understand that most of the Elite have signed contracts - a.k.a sold their souls for fame and fortune. As a result a spiritual entity possesses them so when you see them rapping, it's the evil spirit in them that is singing/rapping with the agenda to dumb down, conform and allign people to the agendas of the New World Order which is already taking place.

Life experience is essential and so is self education, discernment and functional wisdom. Then and only will your mind blowing lyrics be remembered in the test of time. Be yourself! Peace.

9. 817298
    Enzotic : Sun 30th Jun 2013 : 9 years ago

Lyrics are not the only thing that make an artist unique though. Assuming that you listen to rap and hip hop, you can see that there are some pretty obvious stylistic differences between most popular artists.

All I'm saying is that if RapperCas wishes to use Lil Wayne as a reference for his lyrics, then that is his choice. Who are we to tell others what not to do to be successful. Last I checked, Lil Wayne was a successful rapper. Why should anyone in RapperCas' position ignore that fact?

10. 560295
    TurfGoldMusic : Sun 30th Jun 2013 : 9 years ago

Planetjazzbass does not like Hip Hop very much! LOL, I'm not a huge fan of little wayne anymore but, I did follow him many moons ago. He does have positive music laying around somewhere but, positive music doesn't pay the bills! Nicki Minaj also has some decent tracks but, after many years of being kicked around in a male dominated industry, she found her nitch and is now a millionaire. No, I don't agree with a lot of her lyrics either but, I also will never knock another person's hustle! I myself have layed down numerous violent/disrespectful underground verses and will continue to do so. Now RapperCas, follwing someone else for inspiration will not get you very far. Planet had a very good point at the end of his little wayne rant, lol. Here's a tip, get some life experience first then use that,not some make up lame crap you think might sound cool!......sheesh -PJB

11. 172885
    Unknown User : Sun 30th Jun 2013 : 9 years ago

Keep it vague. If you're writing about one specific person, don't include lines that only apply to that one person. Write something that could just as easily be directed towards someone else. I've found that the more vague and open to interpretation something you say is, the more likely people will connect with their own interpretation of it.
    Have fun. Switch perspectives. Write from a point of view you don't necessarily agree with, about things you'd never do. Don't limit your output to 'keeping it real' either. Music is just as valid a form of expression as literature, and fiction should be considered equally valid in both fields. Listen to a lot of different approaches to making music, to the point where you hear a song and say "that's good, but I'd have done this differently". Then if you want to, go and do it. You've got all the freedom in the world.

12. 560295

Ahhhhhhhh RapperCas I'm shocked. You still don't have no tracks up man!! LOL, C'mon you have to come with something. Especially after asking ten million questions 24/7! I don't care if you sound like little wayne or vanilla ice, I want to hear you flowing over a beat!!!!! Give me one song for 2013!!!!! LOL

13. 950526
    RapperCAS : Sun 30th Jun 2013 : 9 years ago

I did basically mean to say Lil Wayne was an inspiration. I shpuld've i try to use lots and lots of similes and metaphors.
    I'll try something different because that does take out the creativity and stuff loke that.

MastahBlastah,

I ordered a stand and mic pop filter from amazon. I was happy the stand arrived a day earlier than the first estimated delivery date. The pop filter is taking forever to get here. So right now im working on writing a song to a beat Benjizo gave me. So when my pop filter arrives, i can just record because i have my lyrics memorized and have the flow and timing intact.

14. 905673
    SoulMaaaan85 : Sun 30th Jun 2013 : 9 years ago

PREACH! or i mean ya what mastah blasta said x infinity... creativity is a somewhat delicate thing to have out there for some artists but those are usually the ones who pass away without the beautiful work theyre aspiring to one day bring to an audience which is indeed one way to never get your feelings hurt. People will hurt your feelings simply because of jealousy wishing they had come up with something as brill as that which theyve heard from you that makes them go to a negative place. Its usually someone who obviously hates themselves and the world most likely someone wholl seem awfully PlanetJazzAss ....bASS will likely be in every crowd and town and so on and so forth we get lucky when they are berating your act publicly so that when you get in front of a real critic- youll be a way more refined and finished product thanks to the hecklers making you sharply AWARE of strong points as well as points of insecurity in your skill set. JazzAzz is prolly just coming down from a long coke binge and needs proper serotonin function to be restored in the brain chemistry of his big fat head O:-p ha ha ha ::::tojazzazz:::: chill out you angry jerk!

15. 905673
    SoulMaaaan85 : Sun 30th Jun 2013 : 9 years ago

not that i am the all knowing know it all of know it allsville

16. 335492
    matthew8755 : Sun 30th Jun 2013 : 9 years ago

I'm not a lyric writer but It's the same for compositional ideas. Get a notepad (or if you have a note app on your phone or somewhere to record lyrics) and whenever you feel a strong emotion, be it anger, happiness, sadness just pour all that emotion out onto the notepad. You can't really force lyrics and the best ones are ones that come straight from emotion.

Also, read stories, watch films to get your creative mind going and listen to different types of music. Stuff you don't usually listen to, listen to some golden era hip-hop and if you're into the metaphorical rap/hip-hop I'd suggest atmosphere. I'm a big fan of them and they have some really good lyrics.

I also agree we should bash him about his musical taste, we all have different musical taste. Personally not a wayne fan BUT I wouldn't look to him for inspiration because he barely writes his own stuff, he has ghostwriters so pretty much none of it is actually from him.

Like I said don't try to force it and feel like you have to write it down, whatever comes naturally, trust me it will come off a lot better when you come to record it and will set yourself apart from everyone else who are using generic materialistic and misogynistic lines... Just stay true and you'll produce a lot higher quality stuff.

17. 335492
    matthew8755 : Sun 30th Jun 2013 : 9 years ago

I meant we shouldn't bash him LOL That opening last paragraph sounded harsh!

18. 560295

Don't let anyone else dictate what you feel when you hear a dope beat. Your inspiration should come instantly when a certain instrumental comes on. I have over 500 instrumentals in my computer and still have writers block every now and then. Then out the blue I will hear a beat on looperman or youtube and ideas just flood my brain. Sometimes certain events in my life or quotes I read may trigger my spider sense and have my mind crawling with ideas. Let it flow bro, let it flow. Now on another note, I agreed with some of the things PJB said and don't think he or no other member should ever be called a jerk in the forums. Sooolman85, you need to check yourself and come correct. No need for anyone to go that far when responding to an honest opinion!!!!

19. 486477
    GramoChopin : Sun 30th Jun 2013 : 9 years ago

Planetjazz makes a good point, maybe you should go through life a bit and gain some experience. It can only help. But as far as Lil Wayne being your inspiration, i say that's just fine. Ironic because i was just watching a documentary about his life and what not and regardless of what you think he IS a very hard working individual.

No rapper or artist has sold 1.5 million records in the first week of album debuting AKA tha Carter 3. I'm a huge Wayne fan, but not as much lately because he's conforming to the game... and like billydragon said, he's sold out. Nowhere near the caliber of skill he had before.

@mastahblastah he does have positive music but like you said it doesn't sale. The thing with Wayne is...unless you "understand" his metaphors and how deep he twists his wordplay you would rate him very high up as MC. He goes over dude's heads alot of times and even compared to greats in the hip hop community i have ever heard NO ONE close to to his level of metaphor/analogy/similes wise. He just goes so over your head sometimes, you will NEED to listen to a song multiple times to understand him.

If he messes up with the Carter V however...i'm done being a Wayne fan, he's too far gone lately. The Carter IV and some of his recent works have been a huge disappointment.

20. 560295

Well I have been lucky enough to be raised up when the President of Hip Hop himself first blessed the world with his flows. I am talking about Rakim and so I am very intune with the artist who use mind blowing metaphors. Wayne didn't start out with that type of style but, he jumped on the universal metaphoric band wagon later on in his career. A lot of the original members of the hot boyz were actually hard core street rappers with a lot of soul(manny fresh) in their music. Big L, Redman, Raekwon, and many others helped pave the way for the youngsters now who choose to fill whole songs with useless metaphors. One thing people tend to forget is, Wayne is not a youngster. He's been able to stay popular for over a decade. Something most artist fail to do. Metaphors are only a small part of his music, the man is a true artist. That reason and that alone is why we are even talking about him. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tj2DEM3rdaA

21. 851137
    crucethus : Mon 1st Jul 2013 : 9 years ago

It's interesting, the best most creative lyrics come from the young (naive ambition) and the very old (reflective on there upcoming death) all the inbetweeners from say 34 to 64 become too jaded and nihlistic because of "life experience".

22. 557270
    Audiotism : Mon 1st Jul 2013 : 9 years ago

First off, start listening to artists that inspire you, my advice is to never force the writing proces, it's either there or its not, basicly whenever i write something, i can relate to it, or i feel like that for the moment, if your question is more related towards how can i learn to write, in the meaning of rhyming, its just a proces youll have to learn, they way i learned it was basicly writing down a sentence and go look for a rhyming dictionary, whenever i was stuck i just looked up some words and tadaa, after doing that for quite a while you have the words in you mind, now a days i can rhyme almost every word atleast with 5 others... I just a practicing process, and never pressure the writing proces, cause thats when you get a writers block, probably the reason why alot of these days commercial artists have such bad and simple lyrics, ohwell so much for staying on topic... good luck with whatever you are writing, and when its finished let me know, id love to hear/read it ;)

23. 268784
    3n0 : Mon 1st Jul 2013 : 9 years ago

it makes me lol every time i read hip hop and art in same sentence.

24. 560295
    TurfGoldMusic : Mon 1st Jul 2013 : 9 years ago

3n0, your doing way too much.

25. 589130
    Unknown User : Mon 1st Jul 2013 : 9 years ago

A lot of my lyrics come from past experiences, good or bad.
    At one point I was all about writing poems, but that was long before I got a lot of experience with age. Now I write as if I was writing a book about different subjects ( love, hate, music, faith, etc...). Write from the heart, be it complex or simple, so as long as it means something to you.

Posts 1 - 25 of 29

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.