Click Here for new free VSTs & plugins added daily

What Is So Hard About Uploading Your Work Here

Posts 1 - 11 of 11
  1. 157151
    PatriciaEdwards : Tue 11th Jun 2013 : 8 years ago

Ok, I get that some of us have memberships on other sites, so download your work there, but ALSO download it here.

Is there anything so wrong with sharing your work on the site you downloaded some (or all) of its elements from?

Personally I don't mind listening on other sites, however, over time it has become too much of a controversy, and pain in the treble clef trying to explain why I think someone's creation should also be posted here as well. It just seems so simple to me.

So, for future reference, I will link this forum post to any comment that has a link to other sites.

From here on out, please leave links to any tracks you create from my vocals ON THIS SITE, or know that I may not listen/comment. As it is, sometimes I do not leave comments here on looperman to those that do, but I leave them at the site where they are posted.

I'm not trying to be difficult, but fair! Thank you, and apologies to those of you who that this does not apply to :-)

Rant over.

2. 944056
    Darkreine : Tue 11th Jun 2013 : 8 years ago

I, like you, have some of the same friends on this and other sites, so I like to alternate my music, to keep it fresh for them, but I always post it here too.

What grips my bananas is when you comment on a track and they reply with a link to another website!! What's that all about? I also think that's it's polite to respond to a comment on your track, if someone has taken the time to do it, so many people don't do that here.

3. 441709
    kerry : Tue 11th Jun 2013 : 8 years ago

i to use other sites but if its a song i done and im happy with what i done and feel people will enjoy it i post it here too this is were i started learning about music so i always post here
    :)

4. 883744
    ElectronBlue : Tue 11th Jun 2013 : 8 years ago

I have never thought about joining another site. Unless you count soundcloud. I am just happy with Looperman and all my new friends that put up with my very strange music and even stranger sense of humour. If I ever find a site as good I might join it and flit between the two and leave my music on both sites. Meanwhile I have no plans to move.

5. 585633
    topvega : Tue 11th Jun 2013 : 8 years ago

Agreed...especially the people who have no problem posting in the forum but don't have a single thing uploaded here on Looperman. Not to mention those who post links to other sites and have never bothered to review anyone else's work on here.

tv

6. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Tue 11th Jun 2013 : 8 years ago

I totally agree,apart from the inconvenience of having to sign up to leave comments on other sites it's naive of the link poster to think people have nothing better to do than listen to their music!...on another note,I belong to other sites (one I actually pay membership for)but guess what..I never spend any time on them,why?...call me old fashioned but I started with Looperman and it's my main audio squeeze(sorry for any sexist connotations)..other places just don't have the same community and cosmopolitan vibe Looperman has...(they all seem to project air punching,gun toting Americana to some degree...sorry Yanks)

7. 828980
    Burtsbluesboxes : Wed 12th Jun 2013 : 8 years ago

I love looperman, its like a community feeling, u dont get that on the other sites. Planetjazz put it well, people dont want to go to other sites to listen to you tracks. if a track is too big for this site its understandable to have a link posted on a smaller version of the track posted here, to the full version on say soundcloud for the ppl that want to hear the full track. LOL Darkreine!! I think it's polite to leave a comment if u play someone's track, they were kind enough to share their hard work, as well to reply to comments left on your own.

8. 490439
    ZeeHipHop : Wed 12th Jun 2013 : 8 years ago

@Patricia, I would guess the main reason they wouldn't upload on here immediately would be the whole one track per 24 hour rule. Maybe they posted something before completing the track which features your vocal...they then upload it to soundcloud and link it from there. Ofcourse they could go back the next day and upload onto here, but they might have another newer track by then. Just my thoughts. Although I do agree with you as far as posting on the site where you find the loop.

9. 157151
    PatriciaEdwards : Wed 12th Jun 2013 : 8 years ago

Kenny, I am guilty of some replys to comments, I try to hit a mass of them when I can, but sometimes its difficult to get them all. I do appreciate everyone who uses my work tho :-)

Dave, lol.

@phatkatz4, there are tracks I listen to, but have NO IDEA what to say, so I don't leave a comment.

@ZeeHipHop, I understand the one track per 24 hour rule. I'm speaking of those who simply do not upload their works that include loops, acapellas or tracks from the loop, but leave a link to another site.

10. 157151
    PatriciaEdwards : Wed 12th Jun 2013 : 8 years ago

Who said you can't upload your track to ALL the sites?

11. 828980
    Burtsbluesboxes : Wed 12th Jun 2013 : 8 years ago

@PatriciaEdwards totally agree with that, I'm guilty as well, there are some tracks I have no Idea what to say.

Posts 1 - 11 of 11

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums