Bad Language - Swearing In The Forums Etc

Posts 1 - 25 of 26
  1. 1
    Looperman : Fri 26th Apr 2013 : 6 years ago

Just a reminder to everyone using the forums to go easy on the bad language / swearing.

At the moment i do not have a swear filter set up in the forums and for the last year there has been no need to have one as for the most part everyone has managed to filter themselves but lately though Ive noticed things getting worse.

Everyone should take a moment to read the forum guidelines and remember that this site is used by a wide cross section of people / ages including schools, colleges, churches etc.

I prefer to keep it so that you all filter your own swearing rather then having to implement validation on forms but well see how it goes.

2. 883744
    ElectronBlue : Fri 26th Apr 2013 : 6 years ago

Sure thing old boy.

3. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Fri 26th Apr 2013 : 6 years ago

It's disappointing when communication is reduced to an expletive riddled tirade,especially by kids trying to act cool and project a little street cred,which makes it all the more galling to think that the greater Looperman community is going to be held accountable because of a few miscreants....we need a gangsta slapping machine.

4. 766947
    AmethystToTurquoise : Fri 26th Apr 2013 : 6 years ago

planetjazzbass I like that idea very much

5. 944056
    Darkreine : Fri 26th Apr 2013 : 6 years ago

As one of the culprits, I humbly apologize.

6. 428278
    fixxxer : Fri 26th Apr 2013 : 6 years ago

In my experience people who choose to litter their posts with expletives will find innovative ways around filtering to include the words anyway. The best thing that we can do is be responsible for our own conduct and language and not sink to that level in our replies. Maybe removing the ability to post in the forums from persistent offenders. IMO you can get your point across without the bad language.

7. 828980
    phatkatz4 : Fri 26th Apr 2013 : 6 years ago

Gangsta slapping machine would be AWESOME!!! Can we get one installed? People can get their point across without refering to 4 letter cuss words just fine, plus it just makes you look uneducated. As musicians I know we're all not stupid.

8. 766947
    AmethystToTurquoise : Fri 26th Apr 2013 : 6 years ago

please for God sake dont start to install a like button on loopermn i say no more

9. 828980
    phatkatz4 : Fri 26th Apr 2013 : 6 years ago

(sticks bar of soap in Darkreine's mouth)

10. 208341
    drmistersir : Sat 27th Apr 2013 : 6 years ago

any one with trouble in the selfcensorship area should check out some samjackson flicks edited for television

that's my only and best advise on the topic
    peace out mellonfarmers

11. 189474
    ImproveWithError : Sat 27th Apr 2013 : 6 years ago

You know I like to swear just as much as the next person, however here in the forums if you can't get your point across without swearing then don't say anything at all. I do a small audio engineering lesson with one of my engineering classes and I send them here to find loops and knowledge and some you make yourselves sound unintelligent by writing the same way you speak. Make yourself sound intelligent and you will get your point across more effectively, and respectfully.

12. 944056
    Darkreine : Sat 27th Apr 2013 : 6 years ago

Get me that bar of soup Phatz, so I can get all of this self-righteousness out of my mouth!!

13. 944056

Or a bar of soap if you can't that!!

14. 828980
    phatkatz4 : Sat 27th Apr 2013 : 6 years ago

I'll freeze some soup so can give you a bar of it, would you like it on a stick like a popsicle? LOL!!When I was little my mother stuck bar of soap in my mouth for swearing once, well I didn't do it around her anymore after that, YUK!!!LOL!!

15. 944056

lol, lol, lol!!! I would have said LMAO. but didn't want to offend.

16. 883744
    ElectronBlue : Sat 27th Apr 2013 : 6 years ago

erm! But you did lol

17. 944056

Damn caught out again, I must have Tourettes!!!

18. 739907
    stem0man : Sun 28th Apr 2013 : 6 years ago

Totally agree. Cursers should have their HAM radio licenses revoked by their cooresponding FCC locale...

Personally, I curse much less these days, except to call someone a "Gas Monkey Fork-Lift Drivin' Son-of-a-B". Mostly because the hit show phenomenon "Fast N' Loud" (not sure if that's crossed the oceans yet).
    http://www.gasmonkeygarage.com/the-show/
    ..or, for advanced viewers there's this:
    http://www.hulu.com/#!movin-on
    ..or maybe this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3YRWhg4YaA&bpctr=1367180594

19. 557270
    Audiotism : Mon 29th Apr 2013 : 6 years ago

I know that i might swear sometimes, my sincere apologies!

20. 488125
    Nkillz : Sat 4th May 2013 : 6 years ago

I'm willing to be a beta tester for the gangsta slapping machine...lol

21. 944056
    Darkreine : Sat 4th May 2013 : 6 years ago

Guess that makes me the guinea pig!

22. 755430
    Jadon : Sat 4th May 2013 : 6 years ago

is there even a need to swear? Its a forum, not a rap battle lol.

but I think that things like "Lmao" and "wtf" wouldn't be as bad

If you put a strict rule on it then people might be less likely to do it, (say if someone curses then forum posting is restricted for two days) or something like that would make them either think twice before cussing or not want to get them selves restricted for two more days.

just a thought

23. 944056
    Darkreine : Sat 4th May 2013 : 6 years ago

Here we go again!

24. 1
    Looperman : Sat 4th May 2013 : 6 years ago

the point of the thread was a gentle reminder to filter yourselves and then their is no problem or need for big brother

25. 782612
    40A : Sat 4th May 2013 : 6 years ago

::BREAKING NEWS::
    ARTICLES

1. "Looperman users believe that swearing only occurs in "rap battles" or among so called "gangsters".

2. "Looperman users still believe the earth is flat".

3. "New and exciting development from the on-going series 'Is Looperman a secret cult of ignorant, misinformed, angry old people'".

::MORE NEWS AT 11::

Honestly, it's like you people get your sense of humor from a box labeled "out-dated".

Posts 1 - 25 of 26

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads