Tron Theme Challenge

Posts 1 - 25 of 38
  1. 787945
    JJWeekz : Wed 3rd Apr 2013 : 6 years ago

*WHAT YOU'RE ABOUT TO READ IS FOR FUN. NONE OF THE "FACTS" ARE CONFIRMED BY GOOGLE. JUST PLAY ALONG*

There's talk of another Tron movie.

But we just got word Daft Punk got in a plane crash and is looking at a year for full recovery. Poor guys.

This leaves Disney in a pinch. They already told the world Daft Punk would make the theme song for this Tron movie as well. Not wanting to risk fan disappointment or a drop in ratings at the release, Disney needs to find someone quick who can act in place of Daft Punk, and make an adrenaline-producing hit full of synths and bass that could easily be mistaken as the work of the famous French duo.

Disney and Daft Punk have specifically requested you to do this!

The pressure is on. Will you take the job?

Post your finished track below and let the Disney staff have a listen at what you can do!

Boring fine print: No time requirements. The ability to sound similar to Daft Punk required. Prizes not applicable. Enter at your own risk. Disney and Daft Punk are not affiliated with this challenge in any way.

*GUY-MANUEL DE HOMEM-CHRISTO AND THOMAS BANGALTER (AKA DAFT PUNK) WERE NOT HARMED IN THE POSTING OF THIS FORUM*

2. 268784
    3n0 : Wed 3rd Apr 2013 : 6 years ago

so, make the theme song for tron to sound like it was made by daft punk XD

3. 787945

YEAH! :)

I'm on a Tron kick right now (for the millionth time!) and I want to hear what others can do just for fun!

4. 787945

I want to share the entries on a Tron playlist on Soundcloud, for those that share a link to SC, as further exposure for anyone who chooses to do it!

(But don't do it for the exposure, which won't be much anyway- DO IT FOR THE LOVE OF SYNTHS AND DAFT PUNK!!!)

5. 268784
    3n0 : Wed 3rd Apr 2013 : 6 years ago

its hard to copy their slyle..

i will trie to make something like derezzed :D

6. 787945

Awesome! No rush! I'll post occasionally in this forum to keep it in sight for a while :)

7. 787945
    JJWeekz : Thu 4th Apr 2013 : 6 years ago

Well, I have a bit of a surprise.

Many of you might know I usually only sing on tracks. I don't mix music, or play an instrument.

So I'd like to debut my first presentable effort to this Tron challenge when I'm finished, using only loops.

Be on the lookout for that, and be ready to tear it apart as I need a lot of instruction to improve (Don't worry- I won't cry!)

I hope lots of you talented Loopers try this challenge to show me how it's done!!

8. 71369
    Unknown User : Thu 4th Apr 2013 : 6 years ago

Hey.... uh, how can I not sound like I'm here just to promote my stuff lol xD anyways.. yea, that's rll not my intention. But it's just that after seeing this and it's actually not a bad idea (althou I kinda have to agree with 3n0 on that one, it sure is hard to sound even similar to their stuff/style) but yeah, still.. I guess it's achievable lol.

Anyways... with dat being said, I just wanted to show u guys 2 loops I did last year (or so xP) that.. for me, sound somewhat similar to the Tron movie and Daft Punk contribution for the soundtrack. So ya, here they are:

https://www.looperman.com/loops/detail/49933

https://www.looperman.com/loops/detail/49934

Just pretty much wanted to share them, and actually it might even help u out on this. Just as ANY other loop of mine, please feel FREE to use them, but pls (and I only ask u this in return) let me know of what've done with it (by mail, msg, comments, links.. whatevah ehe). All this just because I rll like (as I guess just like everyone does) to hear what someone can do with your own stuff/sounds, and own their different perspectives musically and not only can affect/change how it sounds at the end. Making it possible for u to hear your onw stuff being used in way dat u could of never imagine and do if it were u, ya know.. eheh.

So yeaahh... thanks! ;P

9. 486477
    GramoChopin : Thu 4th Apr 2013 : 6 years ago

Okay hold on, rewind. I had to log back in for this one..DAFT PUNK GOT IN A PLANE CRASH??? When was this?? The work they did on the first Tron movie was epic! I would definitely be watching it as long as they do the soundtrack again. But where did you hear about that??

10. 486477
    GramoChopin : Thu 4th Apr 2013 : 6 years ago

Nevermind, i didnt read the whole thing. Dont scare me like that lol There legendary dudes

11. 787945

@WaterminD- Actually I was really hoping some Loop makers would step forth so that's great that you did!! :) And you're right, this isn't an easy challenge. I'm entering and I know my work won't sound like it, but because it's a challenge I think a few people want to see what they can do to wow us!

@InPSYcle- HAHAHAHAHA somehow I knew that was gonna happen. April Fool's ;) *snicker* Teaches you not to skim over a post! And I totally agree with you- I'll only watch the next Tron if Daft Punk does the soundtrack. While the CG was awesome in Tron, I wasn't as stoked about the story line as I was the music!

12. 749324
    RoseErin : Thu 4th Apr 2013 : 6 years ago

Arent They busy with Random Access Memory? I didnt know they got in a plane crash.

13. 787945

@RoseErin- please read all of it. No, they didn't get in a plane crash.

14. 749324
    RoseErin : Thu 4th Apr 2013 : 6 years ago

oh thats what that meant. you scared me- *Beats JJweeks with a fish.

Bad girl XD

15. 672953
    Ozzz : Thu 4th Apr 2013 : 6 years ago

"Beats JJweeks with a fish."

Holy shit, this comment gave me an old school epithany - but why..

16. 672953
    Ozzz : Thu 4th Apr 2013 : 6 years ago

Yeah I got it.. Mirc.. Epiphany..

Tootaloo..

17. 898165
    mimerfly : Thu 4th Apr 2013 : 6 years ago

Challenge Accepted :)

18. 268784
    3n0 : Thu 4th Apr 2013 : 6 years ago

here it is :D
    this is the best i can do...

https://www.looperman.com/tracks/detail/141321

19. 787945

@RoseErin- first laugh out loud moment of the day. *Applauds* HAHAHAHA

Come on people- it's me! Im gonna take ya on an imaginative roller coaster ride, where I cackle the whole time with a knife in hand and a Cheshire grin on my face.

In other words, don't believe the crap I say- just enjoy the ride and laugh along ;-)

20. 787945

As I try to put something together for this challenge, which I find more and more discouraging as I go as a beginner, I have been focused on the synthesizer sounds in Daft Punk's Tron work. But the whole thing that made this album different was the orchestral sounds they added!

Here's how member Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo put it: "Synths are a very low level of artificial intelligence, whereas you have a Stradivarius [violin, cello] that will live for a thousand years. We knew from the start that there was no way that we were going to do this film score with two synthesizers and a drum machine." [Quote from the sometimes-not-so-trusty Wikipedia under Tron Legacy]

I love synths! Which is why I've been having a problem putting my piece together, focusing so much on the synth sound, I forgot that wasn't even Daft Punk's heart when they scored the Tron film.

Okay, I'm done nerding out.

Well, not really. Time to go make some noise baby!!! XD

21. 787945

Here's the link to my Soundcloud Tron set, where I'm putting the tracks created from this challenge.

https://soundcloud.com/jjweekz/sets/next-tron-movie-theme-1

22. 883744
    ElectronBlue : Fri 5th Apr 2013 : 6 years ago

Hey! JJ Cool synth sounds. Your doing great.

23. 787945
    JJWeekz : Fri 5th Apr 2013 : 6 years ago

12String- that's not my work, friend! That's a set including the works of others who decide to do this challenge. I will post mine there too I think- but it'll say my name beside it. Sorry to confuse.

Mine doesn't sound close to that awesomeness haha. I wish!

I am personally finding this challenge daunting and might flake LOL

24. 739907
    stem0man : Fri 5th Apr 2013 : 6 years ago

DUde, you liked that movie? I thought it was souless and insane while the original was just insane. Like that "Black Hole" movie where they travel thru the black hole and that red robot is waving "goodbye" from what appears to be hell.

Happy trails to you...

25. 787945
    JJWeekz : Sat 6th Apr 2013 : 6 years ago

Stem0man- I was really hoping no one would ask me if I liked the movie....because truth is, the first time I watched it I really didn't. Something was lacking. But the music is amongst some of the best, in my opinion, and what draws me back to the movie.

And the Black Hole was crazy as hell. Never again!

Posts 1 - 25 of 38

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads