It seems that some users are having issues with their IP being blocked for no reason.
The issue should now be resolved.

Added Search By Musical Key

Posts 1 - 13 of 13
  1. 1
    Looperman : Sun 24th Mar 2013 : 6 years ago

I noticed that you could not yet search loops and acapellas by their musical key even though you could set the key when uploading.

Anyway, Ive just fixed that on loops and it will be done on acapellas in a few mins

2. 71369
    Unknown User : Sun 24th Mar 2013 : 6 years ago

sweeet!!! thanks Loopahman, rll. It's ALWAYS good to see and addition to the site, even as small as it might be. But actually this is a great lil addition I would say.. I had thought of it already, but I guess I was just waiting for this day eheh xP

anyways.. thanks again! ;) and pls, keep it up...

3. 1

Yeh, I hadnt noticed it wasnt complete

4. 71369

btw, (and pls don't get me the wrong way here by saying/asking this, as in one who cannot simply appreciate something without asking for another right away) but I think that it would be also great to add sharps u know. So it would be something like this: C; C#; D; D#; E; F; F#; G; G#; A; A#; B. U could even use the same order, cause it's the order that it goes from a keyboard and I guess as in a standard way too (musically speaking). So yeahh... just asking this basically cuz it's also as important as the naturals. Thou I would say dat there's no point in adding flats (unnecessary). And yea, just wondering. That would be rll nice too! ;) ehe

5. 1

the reason its not there at the mo is because it could cause problems using the # hash character in the url. give me a minute as I may have an idea how we can get round the problem

6. 71369

Irie!! ahah... sounds good to me, and pls take as many time as u may need! ;) and yea I know, i figured dat that would of been one of the (if not the only) thing making it not possible to add lol. damn thingies!! xP

7. 71369

yay!! xD u did it! noice.. thank for the extra add eheh. And yea, I saw what u did and it works. It does the trick! ;P

8. 500098
    ShortBusMusic : Sun 24th Mar 2013 : 6 years ago

Instead of using the # key, simply use a small b for flat. An A sharp would then be called a B flat, or Bb. Easy fix.

9. 500098
    ShortBusMusic : Sun 24th Mar 2013 : 6 years ago

The reason I suggest using the "b" and calling the keys "flat", instead of sharps, is because the loop title cannot have the "#" key in it. While many may not think having the key information in the loop title is important, I think it is extremely important, especially to musicians. If the search is geared to "#", then it would make sense to allow the "#" in the loop title as well.

10. 1

Ok, I switched the # hash symbol for a small s when storing and for functional reasons but made it so that in any place you actually read the key it shows as #

@shortbus, yeh I thought that as an option but then you have to explain to people the fact that one mans sharp is another mans flat.

always trying to use the simple approach and always one that works out of the box.

I dont imagine we will get a lot of sharps and flats as its hard enough to get the key added as it is. it will become more useful over time as people make use of it.

11. 71369

yeahhh.... agree with both actually, but as Looperman put it about the sharps can also be other falts and all that jazz would make it harder and more confusing I'd say.. so yeah, it's good as it is right now, and then who knows later on we might get to have the bloody damn # symbol available eheh xD. But hey... let's not "complain" (more like keep on asking stuff) and let's just enjoy what we already have! ;)

peace

12. 1

as far as anyone sees the # sharp symbol is there for you to use and see. its only the way the search functions and creates a unique url that was a problem.

The # symbol in a url is used as an anchor/id link and takes you to a set place on the page.

13. 186161
    Spivkurl : Sun 24th Mar 2013 : 6 years ago

Way to go! This is a great addition!

Posts 1 - 13 of 13

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads