Tablets With DAWS Advice

Posts 1 - 12 of 12
  1. 606872
    WithoutMyArmor : Thu 31st Jan 2013 : 5 years ago Hey guys, I'm thinking about getting a tablet next month and am wondering what (if any) tablets can run DAWs and what their limitations are?

Any ideas? Thanks!
  2. 347760
    PortraitOfABlackHole : Thu 31st Jan 2013 : 5 years ago i have an iPda and there is a version of Grageband for it, i forget how much i paid for the app but its nice a an intrument/sample production but the arragnment abitlies are difficult to use.

Ive heard you can get vesions of FL studio for the iPad and Iphone as well.
  3. 799846
    BeatsDaily : Thu 31st Jan 2013 : 5 years ago sup man. I use my iPhone cause I'm still saving up for the pad.

There's PLENTY of stuff out there, and some good ones. For lack of space on my 8GB iphone I only really use one.

Music Studio 2.0 I make all my tracks on there, Highly sugest that. Some of the tracks I've posted are made with that. a long with a variety of smaller apps, but that's the DAW I rock out with.

also peep this:
  4. 606872
    WithoutMyArmor : Thu 31st Jan 2013 : 5 years ago Nice, I was thinking on going with the Windows Surface RT, maybe the Ipad, but what I'd really love is the Windows Surface Pro. Could run anything on that...
  5. 498019
    Tumbleweed : Fri 1st Feb 2013 : 5 years ago check out a new program called AURA (48 tracks...for ipad)...I don`t have it but have been reading some very complimjentaryreviews on it (Sound on Sound mag....Recording nag..etc)....looks good & has the full meal deal.....Ed
  6. 606872
    WithoutMyArmor : Mon 4th Feb 2013 : 5 years ago How would I connect my USB interface and midi controllers to the Ipad?
  7. 498019
    Tumbleweed : Tue 5th Feb 2013 : 5 years ago when you buy an ipad you get something with a connection that requires you to buy something else from Apple when you want to hook anything up to it...and the connection will change when a new model is released so you can buy the stuff over again......they really work well but plan on being married to Apple & paying the rent forever......I prefer tablets with connection options that relate to the rest of the world and decent processing power..They will all allow you to do music....none will allow you to do anything close to what you can do with even a basic laptop (yet)...particularly when it comes to producing something mastered close to commercial quality......Yes...I am am biased..They all have processing power & conectivity limitations... but..any tech company operating as a closed shop attached to a shopping channel is temporary (even if it does great for a while)....good luck
  8. 512025
    CyberSon : Tue 5th Feb 2013 : 5 years ago @ WithoutMyArmour - When using an iPad, a good solution for storage of files would be to set up a "cloud storage" account, something like DropBox, MediaFire and Google Drive. Apple have iCloud which is their primary storage system.
  9. 438673
    DJSchmeeJ : Tue 5th Feb 2013 : 5 years ago Save your cash and get a serious pc/mac that can be expanded in the future or you will be constantly chasing a set up that you can't get! Tablets don't have enough speed/power. Most are 1.something GHz and you really need a hard drive that is atleast 7200rpm. The tight packed tablets will create noise on your tracks because veverything is so tight and the LCD is so close to the boards. Seriously... you can get a nice used system with 2-3 times the power for about the same. IF YOU ALREADY HAVE A NICE daw/STUDIO SETUP AT HOME AND WANT TO TAKE YOU MUSIC ON THE STREETS THAN CONSIDER A TABLET, BUT NOT FOR YOUR MAIN GIG!(Sorry about the cap lock)
  10. 606872
    WithoutMyArmor : Wed 6th Feb 2013 : 5 years ago Thanks guys! I'll take this all into consideration!
  11. 438673
    DJSchmeeJ : Thu 7th Feb 2013 : 5 years ago ....ok...sorry. Didn't mean to deflate your balloon. LOL. I was thinking about it and I thought that maybe I was a little to quick to tell you not to do it. But THEN I went and listened to a couple of your tracks and read your info. You've been doing this for a while and the quality of your work on "Dare Demo" tells me that maybe I wasn't too harsh afterall. You don't need to waste your money on a tablet unless you can get the best most expensive one... and even then you will have your limitations. You need something that is upgradeable plain and simple. Something that can grow with you. Unless you wanted to use it as a music stand for sheet music. I had considered getting one myself to use as a sheet music viewer during live performance, but I doubt they could keep up with the work load as a DAW. I have bought (and sold) a lot of equipment as the industry progressed to what it is today, and I finally did what I suggested to you. Sought out quality equipment that can grow with me and stay in the studio for a longer period of time before becoming obsolete. Keep up the good work!
  12. 883744
    ElectronBlue : Thu 7th Feb 2013 : 5 years ago ipad or any pad to use as as a DAW is not much use to you because of their many limitations. As a midi controller the ipad is great. I use touchable for Ableton. As a synth ipad is great. I use Core synth HD, Alchemy, Thumb Jam, Sunrizer, Sample Tank, Amplitube, sequencer, and sound prism. All with Audio Bus. You can get Cubasis for the ipad but it is not compatible with the pc version so you can forget that one. The only other one is Sequencer pro but that one is limited in that you cant export the music you have created. Garage band is ok but once again you are very limited. No effects. No mixer. If you are expecting it to be like the Mac version then you will be very disappointed. Not even compatible. Great as a sketch pad for song writing. My advice save your money and get something else. I only got my ipad because I am studying Arabic and it is great for that. The other midi apps like Touchable were just an added bonus for me.
Posts 1 - 12 of 12

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Featured Heavy Metal Track