Wheres All The Old Crew Gone Then

Posts 1 - 25 of 69
  1. 666289
    FreeRadical : Thu 10th Jan 2013 : 9 years ago

I've been away for a while and I was just wondering what's happened to all the old lot that used to post up here?
    Has everyone changed their name again or did you hear I was coming back and defect to soundcloud?

2. 517658
    dv8 : Thu 10th Jan 2013 : 9 years ago

Still right here mate. I drop by every now and again, but yeah, I've missed the old crew for a while now. Glad to see you mate, there's hope yet.

3. 666289

Ah DV8 liking the updated avatar. So what's happened then? Did everyone fall out or sumting? Perhaps we just need to get it going again with some inane stupidity.
    Or maybe I should just get straight to business and upset everyone by saying I think david bowies new single sucks.
    Drat! I already did........too late.

4. 177447
    Unknown User : Thu 10th Jan 2013 : 9 years ago

FreeRadical it's a new day on the loop but there are still lost of old relics on here..like me.

dv8 is that you??? awhhhh I've been missing you and Yesh.

5. 517658

AND, we're back! I really do wonder where everyone's gone. I just grew old and senile.

(David Bowie has a new single out?)

So yeah, I've been tinkering with a couple dub heavy tracks. For eight months now. Expect a smokey dubwise surprise from me soon as I can remember where I left my DAW.

I think I've lost my

6. 636839
    simmerdown : Thu 10th Jan 2013 : 9 years ago

" I think david bowies new single sucks."

+1, make that +10 (but better than nothing i suppose)

7. 517658

It takes a post to reassemble the old crew. I like. Good seeing you lot again. simmer mate I've started listening to my old tracks like they were someone else's productions. Dub don't come to me anymore!

8. 186161
    Spivkurl : Thu 10th Jan 2013 : 9 years ago

I'm still here! I've avoided getting Bowie's new single, expecting that it wouldn't be very good.

9. 666289

Yay! you are still here then. I was beginning to think that everyone had deserted.
    Don't get me wrong. David Bowie has written some classic tunes but sadly his latest dreary, whingey, whiney effort is about as tuneful as a swarm of bees on ketamine (although that would be far more entertaining)
    Good to "see" you all anyway.

10. 444193
    StereoMathematics : Thu 10th Jan 2013 : 9 years ago

david bowie is still making music?!?!

11. 636839

" Dub don't come to me anymore!"...oh noooooooooooo (me neither in fact i haven't finished squat in a few months)

12. 247253
    n0mad23 : Thu 10th Jan 2013 : 9 years ago

I pass through occasionally, but find I don't have anything to contribute. To quote Neil Young, "I ain't tongue tied, just don't got nothin' to say."

Glad to see familiar names when I check in.

Haven't heard Bowie's latest but hope I'm as cool as he is when I'm that age.

13. 631823
    Mahloo13 : Thu 10th Jan 2013 : 9 years ago

"Where are we now?"?.....it ain't that bad really....ohh wait it's 2013...maybe a bit dated but not bad.

14. 366784
    yeshintae : Thu 10th Jan 2013 : 9 years ago

Yeaaaaaaa good to see some old faces!

15. 189474
    ImproveWithError : Thu 10th Jan 2013 : 9 years ago

Good to see everyone popping in, the place has changed but I guess its still the same in the scheme of things.

16. 636839

IWE that beard is awesome! for real

hey Nomad!

the bowie is a bit like a b-side from the older days, idk, i found him in the ashes to ashes era and that what i think of as his best...but yeah, 66 and pretty much a legend he can do what he wants...then you've got Sir Paul rockin hard with Nirvana and doing quite a good job at it, bravo

17. 347760
    PortraitOfABlackHole : Thu 10th Jan 2013 : 9 years ago

don't know if you folk recognize me, but I sure recognize you, and Im still here!

18. 247253
    n0mad23 : Fri 11th Jan 2013 : 9 years ago

So glad to see your banner still flying Simmerdown!

I actually still have to play Bowie's albums, Low, and Station to Station at least once every year. Scary Monsters and Super Creeps is the last Bowie album I bought. Brilliant really, but with Robert Fripp, Tony Visconti, and Peter Townsend featured on the album, it's no surprise it was so good. Until I "discovered" Bob Marley in `75, it was David Bowie's music that kept me mostly sane as a teen through the musical wasteland of the 1970's.

Anyone ever seen the film Velvet Goldmine? Jonathan Rhys Meyers character Brian Slade is loosely (not too loosely) based on Bowie, and Ewan McGregor's Curt Wild is supposed to be Iggy Pop. Great fun.

19. 630386
    JoeFunktastic : Fri 11th Jan 2013 : 9 years ago

The Old crew dominated this site with hip-hop and mixtapes which was mighty cool. There where lots more rappers here as well a while back.

Some of the more recent and newer talent here today are mighty awesome as well. That new blood keeps things very interesting around here.

20. 583767
    eshar : Fri 11th Jan 2013 : 9 years ago

Always good to see you FR, you certainly brightened this place up in the old days.

I'm still here but have to admit not as active.

There were some really cool David Bowie Documentaries on BBC4 a few weeks back. There's no doubt his music and his musical persona's influenced numerous musicians over the decades. I haven't heard his new single yet so can't pass judgment.

21. 636839
    simmerdown : Fri 11th Jan 2013 : 9 years ago

hey Velvet Goldmine is in netflix, got it qued up for the evenings viewing, nice!

22. 71369
    Unknown User : Fri 11th Jan 2013 : 9 years ago

Hey everyone, how are u all doin' ma good ol' loopahfam?! eheh ;) it has REALLY been a while man, I miss all a ya.. btw, does anyone even still remember me? xD lolol

Anyways.. good seeing u all again, and take good care lads! ;)

23. 636839
    simmerdown : Fri 11th Jan 2013 : 9 years ago

i do, i've got a watermind loop file i dip into now and again, if i ever finish something i'll let you know

24. 71369
    Unknown User : Fri 11th Jan 2013 : 9 years ago

lol, nice!! ;) eheh.. that's really good to know, and sure thang mate! I appreciate that

25. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Fri 11th Jan 2013 : 9 years ago

Well the loop is always cool as far as I'm concerned,it's like a girl "friend" you don't have sex with but respect and admire which probably explains why I have no time for anyone who bags it...sure it's a bummer when people you like disappear but more often than not they resurface....did someone say the 70's was a musical wasteland..sacrilege!(lol)the jazz scene has never stopped and never will..I've got most of Bowies albums but admit I don't listen to them anymore..at least the guy's still playing and that's the main thing.

Posts 1 - 25 of 69

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.