New Feature - Require Comment To Download Track Option

Posts 1 - 19 of 19
  1. 1
    Looperman : Mon 7th Jan 2013 : 6 years ago

A common request or gripe from many people over the years has been a way to force people to leave a comment on a track before they download it.

I spent a little time today implementing an option that allows you to set your tracks to do just this.

In the tracks admin page the option where you asked if you wish to allow downloads now has a third option for "Allow download after a comment"

It does pretty much what it says and checks to see if a user has left a comment on your track and will block downloads until they do.

The first person to complain that the comment they were given in order to get a download of their track was not good enough will be ignored :-)

Im sure there are those who will post any old crap to get a download but there you go.

In order to see how this works I set all the tracks on my Serial Chiller profile to require a comment before download.

https://www.looperman.com/users/tracks/3

As ever let me know if you find any problems with it.

2. 877748
    Antisocialj : Mon 7th Jan 2013 : 6 years ago

oooo cool i like new things..nicee improvement :)

3. 79105
    Centrist : Mon 7th Jan 2013 : 6 years ago

Brilliant!

4. 1
    Looperman : Wed 9th Jan 2013 : 6 years ago

so, anyone made use of this and seen any difference ?

5. 831304
    DubTek : Wed 9th Jan 2013 : 6 years ago

i have changed all my tracks to it just now as a bit of an experiment. will see what happens, most dont get that many downloads anyway so uhmm... may take a while to see any results

6. 630386
    JoeFunktastic : Wed 9th Jan 2013 : 6 years ago

Thanks for showing us that you do listen to the people and you took action. Also, thanks for making it optional. I will not be using that feature. Keep the site improvements going.

7. 782612
    40A : Wed 9th Jan 2013 : 6 years ago

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!

How did i not see this? That's cray cray,

Does this apply to loops aswell? I can only imagine what 700 + comments would look like.

8. 755430
    Jadon : Wed 9th Jan 2013 : 6 years ago

wow thats great, i didnt see that! i'll have to do it next time.

9. 1

this only applies to tracks and will never apply to loops or acapellas.

10. 755430
    Jadon : Wed 9th Jan 2013 : 6 years ago

makes sense

11. 483256
    YoungWisdom : Wed 9th Jan 2013 : 6 years ago

I think this is a good idea and a bad idea at the same time.
    If people have to comment to download it they may not take the time to do it, which reduces the amount of people who may hear are music by them playing it in there car or wherever they listen to these songs at. It may get you a few more comments but could drastically reduce the amount of people who hear your music, which to me is the ultimate goal of posting my music on websites like looperman.

But still worth a try I changed my newest song so it is like that.

12. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Wed 9th Jan 2013 : 6 years ago

Hopefully this will put a stop to all the no review gripe threads and it's optional so everyone should be happy,the cynic in me is laying odds there'll be up coming threads wanting to ban reviews that just say nice track,hot track,cool track etc etc (lol)

13. 486477
    GramoChopin : Wed 9th Jan 2013 : 6 years ago

Hm i dunno about this one...but we'll see how that goes for people who choose the setting. I won't. You either review or not. You like my music or you hate my music. Hate it or love it...i give people the option of free will. So....do as you will.

14. 645934
    JodyJames : Wed 9th Jan 2013 : 6 years ago

As long as my music is being downloaded...I'm happy...A review is nice also...it's just an ego boost if you ask me.....if I was to get 1 review and 100's of downloads I'd be happier than a pig N sh*t lol.....just want my music to be heard........that's all

Jody

15. 1

hence the comment about being ignored if you are unhappy by a worthless comment just to get a download.

its one of those that some people want and some are not bothered. At least this way everyone is happy.

I also added a little note when you hover a download that nudges people to give a comment when downloading.

16. 636839
    simmerdown : Wed 9th Jan 2013 : 6 years ago

"The first person to complain that the comment they were given in order to get a download of their track was not good enough will be ignored :-)" ....hahaa

example..'hdsgfjusggskdgfkugsdkgf...thx yo'

to be seen i suppose

17. 551750
    harderthantherest : Wed 9th Jan 2013 : 6 years ago

hey shan thanks for all your hard work. appreciate everything you do for the site. my beats been probably downloaded more than most here and less reviews but i still dont like the idea of forcing people to do stuff they dont wanna do.although i like feedback on where i need improvement and stuff but it up to people. been here long, dont bother me one bit. i make beats because i love music not for anyone. am 50/50 on this one.

18. 323004
    J1K : Wed 9th Jan 2013 : 6 years ago

THANK YOU!

19. 562523
    digitalSKYY : Wed 9th Jan 2013 : 6 years ago

@harderthantherest, its really not forced. Only if the person uploading the tracks want too

Posts 1 - 19 of 19

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads