Click Here for new free VSTs & plugins added daily

Acapella Etiquette

Posts 1 - 11 of 11
  1. 609523
    3rdNippleMusic : Fri 23rd Nov 2012 : 8 years ago

Hi,

Is it considered bad etiquette to use and acapella however we want or is it understood that we use it 'the way it is' when we download it..

ie: can I chop parts ? add fx ? etc ?

Thanks,
    Neal

2. 258735
    LazarusBlack : Fri 23rd Nov 2012 : 8 years ago

I have always chopped and rendered (in one way or another) the pellas ive used form other looper members,and I've always gotten positive feedback from the pella artists..I think alot of the pella artists like to hear different things done with their pellas,just the same way that we like to hear the different things that ppl do with our loops.
    this is my Opinion,,,,anyhoo..Howdy-Howdy-Howdy NV.

SS3LDOG }:)-

3. 609523
    3rdNippleMusic : Sat 24th Nov 2012 : 8 years ago

IO figured as much, but I also know vocals are 'different', that said: if they put em up here.....

howdy lol... yeeehaw stampede time hah

4. 609523

I read the looperman terms lol, it's up to each vocalist when they post it, in the description.. some really good ones there holy

5. 636839
    simmerdown : Sat 24th Nov 2012 : 8 years ago

i sure hope there are no rules because i usually tweek them til unrecognizable

6. 787945
    JJWeekz : Sat 24th Nov 2012 : 8 years ago

I upload my acapella with the hope that someone will chop the fk out of it, transform it, and work their magic on it.

So work your magic!!!

I am constantly blown away by how a good producer can take a poopy raw voice and make it phenomenal. The singers want that, trust me, we really do! Especially those of us with an acute awareness to how average we sound!!

7. 787945

The coolest thing I like to hear is when someone chops my vocals up so much they can form other words by it. CRAZINESS!!! And oh so awesome! :D

8. 454645
    Antranita : Sat 24th Nov 2012 : 8 years ago

I can't speak for all writers and singers. But when I upload my vocals, I pretty much leave it to the producers and dj's to do what they want to do with it. Sometimes, I have a tune in mind when I write and, yes, sometimes I'd like for the producer to make something around the vocals in its genre. But, I also realize that a lot of the producers and djs here have a vision and decided to include me in it. I don't think it's inappropiate at all. Unless the singer/writer requests something different. But, even if they do that, if they post it on Looperman, then how is that stopping the producers to something other than that. Like I said, I can't speak for everyone else. But I love it when you guys do your thing (as long as it's on beat). :o)

9. 454645
    Antranita : Sat 24th Nov 2012 : 8 years ago

I hear ya, JJWeeks!! I feel the same way. I love it when they take our vocals and rock it!!

10. 787945

^^Antranita, gurl, you don't need a producer to make your vocals sound good cuz you got real talent, wow!!!

11. 609523

@JJWeekz: Yeah coool, I was going thru a bunch and dig alot of yours : )

@Antranita: excellent, thanks for the responses - it helps..

I mean I didn't care when Trent Reznor put out Only for remix. lol, I tweaked the line 'I just made you up to hurt myself' to say 'I just made you hurt, to up my self' lol.. but it's more personal/close community here so thought I'd check..

Hope to work with some sooon, thanks again !

Neal Visher
    @3rdNippleMusic

Posts 1 - 11 of 11

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums