Looper Fam

Posts 1 - 25 of 27
  1. 486477
    GramoChopin : Tue 20th Nov 2012 : 9 years ago

Yea so i named the thread this because that's what many people are like on this site. Family, and i wish i knew some of you in real life. A great community full of unknown talent, at least for the most part.

Anyways, I haven't done a thread like this in quite a while, but i just really need the warmth of of this community right now. Been kind of down on my luck lately as i've been unemployed for about 6 to 7 months. I have literally nothing in my bank account. And i find myself growing more stressed about it and frustrated. Infuriated if anything. Maybe that's why i've been making so much music in the past time....but that's always good right? lol

I gotta a "gig" with ups as a driver helper. But their already BSing me off the bat as the job is really as i've come to find out on a "call as needed" basis. And being in Chicago, I'd probably say I'm going to have a hard time getting any hours from them. At least until the holidays. It is only a seasonal job and it's rare to to be hired on permanently after peak season. (So i've heard about) I gotta check for showing up to their orientation at least.

So yea...i dunno, would just like some reassurance that i can make it somewhere in life. As many of us on here i'm sure want to get paid for what we have a passion for somewhere down the line. Which is the passion for music. Hope someone can cheer me up...even though i'm not demanding it or anything...just felt like you guys were the right ones to share this with. Because i tell ya man...i'm so close to doing something drastic or illegal..even though i was raised better than that. Hope it doesn't lead to that...

Neobane/InPSYcLe

2. 96919
    TaraToxic : Tue 20th Nov 2012 : 9 years ago

anything is possible if you make it possible.
    positive things happen to positive people! TRUEDAT

Your down on your luck atm,respect to ya. everyone is at some point in life...life aint about 'being someone or being somwere' its about getting there...CHIN UP BUDDY!! express yourself through your music :)

3. 731285
    djkillapaul : Tue 20th Nov 2012 : 9 years ago

I have just recently got myself a job after 18 months unemployment and during that time I have managed to get myself through 5 courses to try and seek work. I am a professional computer aided transcriber and I thought with my civil service background that I could walk into any job when the cutbacks chopped me down. How wrong I was.

Anyway, what I will say to you is keep smiling, I know it is frustrating and sometimes you may doubt yourself, but the end of the gloom will appear and when it does you will put what has just gone past down to experience. Apply for jobs you don't even like, at least if you get in you will have a foothold and then you can apply for better jobs from that - always better and more advantageous to seek a good job if you are already in somewhere.

Good luck and the high point about you is that you have music and creativity instilled in yourself. Some people don't have anything to fall back on.

4. 643402
    mrchewson : Tue 20th Nov 2012 : 9 years ago

M8 its clear your not the type of person to sit about pumping out kids for their Advantages when it comes to welfare benefit etc and living off the government, You sound like your doing your best to actually motivate yourself and find a job, with that alone you wont be unemployed for ever.

concentrate on your skills, you may be out of work but that does not mean you have to stop learning the skills which people want , treat this time as a learning exercise go through your CV make it perfect, get yourelf out their and persevere, maybe even volunteer once a week, it looks great on a CV and employers love it .

or on the other hand, grow a basements worth of weed, invest the money in Cocaine, start to wear Leopard print flares and live the "high" life as an international drugs baron from the 70s, or spend it all on sweets your call dood :P

5. 486477
    GramoChopin : Wed 21st Nov 2012 : 9 years ago

Thanks for the feedback guys,really. I actually got a interview set up recently too. and LOL @mrchewson

6. 34104
    oasisduke : Wed 21st Nov 2012 : 9 years ago

...friend...i feel your pain.
    literally.

i, too, am currently unemployed [and have been for 11 months]. it is such a dreadful feeling. seeing the negative balance in a bank account or refusing to go to the mailbox because you know its filled with bills you can't pay is hard on the soul.

however...

we are lucky.
    yes, lucky.

we have music.
    it is the sole reason i am still able to get up in the morning and face another day. i assume you feel similar. there are many others in our position who have nothing to get them through this tough time.
    and that IS all it is...a tough time.
    things WILL get better.
    the clouds WILL part.
    you WILL be okay.

i am here [online] all the time. feel free to skype/email/message me if you ever need to chat.
    ...becuause you are right: we are family.
    and family looks out for family.

love.

7. 740449
    brillbilly : Wed 21st Nov 2012 : 9 years ago

I put this up in responce to a track i did with JJ.
    but it can apply here,and please dont take this as a moan as it's just the way things are

jj said
    Quote ; I love that you convey strength being built in the song and can totally relate to our life stories being put to sound waves to bring messages.

I said

I can relate to peoples struggles sorry to say.!

JJ 18 years ago i broke my neck.!

I'm still to this day trying to get by as normal as i can under the circumstances.!

Music became my therapy,and i managed to get off 10 years on morphine,pethadine etc with only my mind and inner strenth to guide me.!

But i struggle now with playing guitar/keyboard through nerve damages to right hand side,so i got in to making it on pc 5 years ago lol.

All we can do is take each day as it comes,deal with the bad and cherish the good!

Music is my relief,it's a way i release my feelings like many others here.!

But no matter what i always try to stay happy and smile!

And sometimes you just have to scream arse lol

Lifes a roller coaster and we just got to ride it.
    UNQUOTE

It just helps others to understand that many of us have big struggles, and my heart goes out to all that struggle

So take it from me,i understand people struggles just to make ends meet.

If you have your health you have opertunities,so hang in there Neobane/InPSYcLe.

Life love n unity to you!

8. 776955
    Billydragon1 : Thu 22nd Nov 2012 : 9 years ago

Hey InPSycle. I feel the cry of your soul.

I left my fulltime job two years ago, I got sick of the bullshit by the managers. I took a drastic change in my thinking and said I was not going to look for a job but instead create my own job. So with faith I started working for myself doing two of my other passions martial arts and gardening. So for the last two years this is what I have been doing. I have good months and also slow months but I am still standing and alive.

So I encourage you if you can is to work for yourself (Entrepreneur). Your thinking will have to change first.

As for getting close to doing something drastic, this track is for you buddy -
    https://www.looperman.com/tracks/detail/135264

Let us know how your job interview went.
    Don't let the world drag you down.
    Right now, you are meant to be here.
    Right now, you're menat to be alive.

9. 512025
    CyberSon : Thu 22nd Nov 2012 : 9 years ago

My friend, I'm sure all will come good! I can kinda tell from your music, thread comments and reviews etc, that you've got many qualities and the right drive. Being out of work is a bummer, but something will come your way.

I had a shit existence many years and I mean bad! But I'm still here! lol Keep smiling my friend and making your tunes.

10. 486477
    GramoChopin : Mon 26th Nov 2012 : 9 years ago

I agree with all that's been said here, and again thank you for the feedback people! And yea, so i had that interview today.

It was at Macy's for a coffee barista type of job. But...they basically wasted my time. They called me for a interview only to tell me they can't hire me because i don't have enough "experience." Ah yes, the golden dreaded word that's putting many out of work or frustrating others, YOU -DON'T- HAVE- ENOUGH "experience." Or your not qualified enough or fitting for the job. And it's all such bullshit.

I uploaded my resume on their site, and they act like they didn't see it or something. Because all my information is on there obviously. I least remained professional with the guy who interviewed me, even though i just wanted to cuss em out. I swear music and weed is the only medicine i have to coop with this stress. Mostly music though...it's hard, but it could be worse i always tell myself.

11. 636839
    simmerdown : Mon 26th Nov 2012 : 9 years ago

hang in there...try to keep that pma

12. 787945
    JJWeekz : Tue 27th Nov 2012 : 9 years ago

There's a lot of jobs you can get without experience- and I'm not talking "dead end" jobs. But even a dead end job is a job. As long as the bills get paid and you're happy.

If you can prove that you are smart enough to be trained, and display an "it" personality, you can sway the interviewer's mind about experience.

Most people just fake it anyway, if that's a comfort.

Polish up that resume, call to find out who the hiring manager is and address them in your cover letters, put a suit on, walk confident, maintain eye contact, and smile like you have a million dollars but are applying here because the company needs you.

I've never had a problem finding a job by using the above system- just have problems keepin one cuz I get bored.

Employers are drawn to positivity and confidence.

Be the person you are when you make music- you know, that guy that grins proudly to himself and stands tall when he knows he made a hit.

You got this!

13. 657509
    DrvanLansberg : Tue 27th Nov 2012 : 9 years ago

Wow man, I know exactly how you feel! I do understand what you said about opening the mail and being afraid. Nervous all the time. I have been without a job since 12 months now. Each month it is getter worse. However... I realized somthing, I wondered why it was that other people still seemd to be able to get new jobs. And for me there were twe significant things;
    1. Use your network. Let everybody you know, know you're looking for a job. See which people you may know at a potential employer and let them introduce you.
    2. My attitude. By nature I am rather positive, but after a few months of unemployment, hope was shrinking and I started to feel worse evry day.

2 Months ago I did a track which helped me realizing that I would be able to make a big difference on my mood and attitude and did this track:

https://www.looperman.com/tracks/detail/133308

I wake up with it every day and it helps me to stay positive (thanks to P.E.). Listen to it (no, this is not a bad attempt to get you to listen to my tracks, because I know you already did :-)).

Furthermore, I live in Amsterdam and if I can help you out in any other department, just let me know ;-).

All the best and keep making music, it helps! Keep your head up!

Doc

14. 486477
    GramoChopin : Tue 27th Nov 2012 : 9 years ago

@ drvan thanks for the encouragement man! and that track is nice, really uplifting. Relatable to my own situation. And definitely, the music keeps me up. Might make me something later.

15. 208341
    drmistersir : Tue 27th Nov 2012 : 9 years ago

yo i got that driver helper job interview
    with ups (who ships packages all over the world)
    and check this out
    the sent me 2 emails for confirmation of the time place and date
    regular stuff right
    nah
    when i went to the place they had in their confirmation email
    they said that the interview was going to be taking place at a different location some 40miles away
    and i was only tthe standard 15 minutes early

sos they can ship stuff all over earth\
    but don't have a clue where they're holding interviews

lemme say, I onld get stuff fedex'd now

16. 486477
    GramoChopin : Tue 27th Nov 2012 : 9 years ago

@ drmister well for my interview it was at one of their facilities in Northbrook, IL. Which was some 15 plus miles away from where i am. It was a tiny place, at least where they conducted their 5 minute or so interview. I was probably in there with about 10 other people. And curious, where did you apply for that job? on the their site? Because it gives you the address and time to go. Sounds like they BS'd you pretty hard. They should of let you know ahead of time.

And speaking of that too, i actually got a call from UPS (finally) today. I didn't answer the phone only because they've been bullshitting me. (I'll answer if they call again maybe) After that orientation of theirs, they said to call them the 19th of this month for the first day of work. I did exactly that, they didn't need me. Called the next day. Didn't answer the phone. Called again, they still didn't answer. I've done alot of research on UPS, and seems for the most part Fedex does seem to receive less flack about their business than UPS. Alot of complaints, lack of quality and care for their work. Especially when drivers deliver packages, they don't handle them delicately enough.

17. 208341
    drmistersir : Tue 27th Nov 2012 : 9 years ago

the bs is what i'm saying

i got the same email you did about where to go and when
    cuz ups is HUGE so there gotta be a corporate form and they just enter zipcodes and stuff
    but it's identical with out the details

anyway- i went to that place
    and they were a ups depot, but there were no interviews
    one of the folks in there when i went said i was like the 5 person that day

so, yeah they got their own adress wrong and that is pretty durn funny considering

18. 600461
    visionarysoundsystem : Tue 27th Nov 2012 : 9 years ago

Neo I wish you all the best. Keep smiling mate and always remember it don't matter how bad it gets "the man" can never take your sounds away from you & dancing is free. Good luck my friend & stay strong.
    Peace, Love & Justice.
    Vis

19. 486477
    GramoChopin : Thu 6th Dec 2012 : 9 years ago

You guys are the best, seriously. Gotta another interview lined up for next Tuesday at 3pm! Pray and hope i get this!

20. 562523
    digitalSKYY : Fri 7th Dec 2012 : 9 years ago

I feel the family is deff not as close as it was a year or two ago. Before the site went down the first time, idk, maybe it was just I that became dis attached..

21. 776955
    Billydragon1 : Fri 7th Dec 2012 : 9 years ago

@Inpsycle, "You Can Do It!". Believe in yourself brother.

22. 486477
    GramoChopin : Tue 11th Dec 2012 : 9 years ago

@ digital yea i know right, the community has not been the same. Especially in 08, and @ billydragon yea i hope i get this man! i just got back from the interview..they said they'll let me know by the end of next week...i hate waiting for some phone call though. But i'll follow up or whatever to let them know I'm still interested. I really need this job man for real...

23. 828980
    Burtsbluesboxes : Mon 11th Mar 2013 : 9 years ago

At least we all got music to helpget us through our hard times and vent emotions

24. 474217
    thyroid : Mon 11th Mar 2013 : 9 years ago

my friend, i don't know how u are doing right now jobwise, and all the frustration around it, but i wish u good luck and keep on breathing, don't hold it in.
    Hold on!!!

25. 157151
    PatriciaEdwards : Mon 11th Mar 2013 : 9 years ago

Hey there guy...HUGE BIGGOLE looperhug here for ya!

I still have my job...but a month ago I found out my dad's cancer came back and is now in his lungs and bones. It turned my world upside down as I planned for my cd release and use all my weeks worth of pay to transport back and forth to make sure he's what they call "comfortable" and all his business is taken care of. It's scary, 6 months to live.

Guess what I'm saying is I wish I could go back to worrying about paying my bills on time instead of this. Things get crazy, but they eventually work out.

Sounds like you are doing some good things in spite of your situation, and I hate to hear it myself, but I will tell you anyway...hang in there. One day you will be looking back at this moment.

And if music is all you have right now, then let it be your diary. Looper hugz :-)

Posts 1 - 25 of 27

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.