Weed And Music

Posts 1 - 25 of 136
  1. 674084
    Neuro : Thu 15th Nov 2012 : 5 years ago i just wanted to see where the weed smokers are ... cause i know weed has heavily influenced my music... plus i wanted to see if we could start a group or something...
  2. 34104
    oasisduke : Thu 15th Nov 2012 : 5 years ago *peeks head in*

..weed?
    did someone say something about smoke? i was just passing by..and swore i heard someone say weed.
    :)

hiya, djd...
    i know for me, the green can be both my best friend and my worst enemy. there are times where it feels like just packing a bowl will strike creativity. there are other times where, if good smoke is in the house, i cant get myself to walk 5 steps to anywhere, including my laptop. still, i seem to write some of my best lyrics when my head is in a bit of a different place.

...now scotch?
    well...thats a whole other story...
  3. 715796
    Reficul1889 : Thu 15th Nov 2012 : 5 years ago Definitely one of my muses.
  4. 486477
    GramoChopin : Thu 15th Nov 2012 : 5 years ago Ah that explains it then djdbeatz. No wonder your so quiet! lol But yea, Im a big pothead. No such thing as a pot addiction though, at least not for me. I smoke when i please and can make music regardless if i'm faded or not. Smokes only that good, no reggie, no mid, all highs all the time. haha
  5. 831304
    DubTek : Thu 15th Nov 2012 : 5 years ago almost everything i make is inspired or influenced by some kind of narcotic... mainly weed... or something that has the same last three letters but replace the w with the 19th and 16th letter of the alphabet.
  6. 444193
    StereoMathematics : Thu 15th Nov 2012 : 5 years ago cannibis is great! everyone should smoke it. for the benefits and the fun. "i love her/mary jane/shes my main thang/pulled her right from that web head/ what a lamebrane"

http://blog.norml.org/2012/11/08/colorado-and-washington-legalized-marijuana-tuesday-what-happens-now/
    good emereffen start! kudos to the law makers and enforcers that supported some real common sense legislation. now if more of those types would catch the progressive wave...
  7. 486477
    GramoChopin : Thu 15th Nov 2012 : 5 years ago @ Stereo fukin colorado and washington and california and some other places! AGH there so luckyyyyyyyy lol
  8. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Fri 16th Nov 2012 : 5 years ago Have fun while you've got braincells to spare folks,unfortunately getting high isn't sustainable in the long run and really affects a person's cognitive abilities especially if your a playing musician....don't get me wrong I used to smoke some dope back in the day and totally support it's decriminalisation...however I like being myself 100% of the time without any artificial stimulus..all my friends that still smoke dope think it hasn't affected them,their all mentally compromised to some degree sadly.
  9. 347760
    PortraitOfABlackHole : Fri 16th Nov 2012 : 5 years ago I don't smoke a lot of pot, once in a while ill have a few hits. Now Alcohol... No, my liver isn't too fond of me.
  10. 636839
    simmerdown : Fri 16th Nov 2012 : 5 years ago just say yes to no to yes to yes to no to yes to weed

and don't Bogart
  11. 259745
    Ishimizu : Fri 16th Nov 2012 : 5 years ago While I have nothin' against weed and/or people who consume it (actually I think it should be legal) I personally don't feel it helps me being creative. Once I made a track while being high but... well... lets just say I deleted it the next day for I honestly wondered what the hell I was thinkin'.
    Funny side-note: the captcha at login just now was "WEEDISH"...
  12. 787945
    JJWeekz : Fri 16th Nov 2012 : 5 years ago Haven't tried that one. Alcohol and music can be interesting- but coffee is my number one drug!
  13. 512025
    CyberSon : Fri 16th Nov 2012 : 5 years ago Don't do weed. Think I've got enough on the go with the heavy dosage of meds I'm prescribed (which are probably doing me more harm than good ha ha) Making music whilst being "influenced"? I wonder how The Medicated Method was inspired? lol
  14. 428278
    fixxxer : Fri 16th Nov 2012 : 5 years ago The trap you get into with weed is that you think what you're doing sounds amazing.. and it does at the time when you're doing it. However when you play it back to yourself straight it sounds awful. But if you play around with the mix when you are straight and get it sounding right.. The next time you get stoned.. oh my gosh.. so the secret is to listen in both states and adjust accordingly. Personally I had to stop had got myself in a real mess with the weed and booze. Not that I'm against it's use. It's a matter of personal choice and what you do is yours. That said I'd be down for joining a group with some liberal views. I'm sure you can read between the lines ;)
  15. 96919
    TaraToxic : Fri 16th Nov 2012 : 5 years ago planetjazzbass is spot on. as an ex toker,it really does effect you in the long run. i dont care if people smoke it or dont,but thinking you have to be high to make good music,should already indicate something ;)
  16. 551750
    harderthantherest : Fri 16th Nov 2012 : 5 years ago well most says i make weed music. you tell me. my beats are mellow but i dont get high all the time
    https://www.looperman.com/tracks/detail/135107
  17. 674084
    Neuro : Fri 16th Nov 2012 : 5 years ago i see we got alot of weed smokers... nd i was thinkin that we should start a group were we only listen to the groups music while high... im juz sayin it would be a pretty good idea...

DJD Beatz
  18. 486477
    GramoChopin : Fri 16th Nov 2012 : 5 years ago @ fixxxer that's exactly how i am with it! To quote a friend of mine (who also smokes) "I'm sophisticated with my weed" lol Meaning i treat it as a delicate rather than something i need to fuel my spark to create. That's not the case, i was just up until 5am last night working on music. Not high or drunk or anything, just because i love to do it. But i definitely agree with that homie, sometimes when i start something sober and then listen to it back faded it sounds double amazing! lol

And @djdbeatz I'd be down for that though
  19. 853270
    soundsforsoreeyes : Fri 16th Nov 2012 : 5 years ago I like the enhanced creativity, but I sometimes it seems you spend to long focusing on the perfect sound or chord. Is there anyone here though that thinks their music sounds better "under the influence"? I know tons of producers that smoke before they create. But all of them would still be great without it. Just out of curiosity is there anyone out there that is a bigger fan of the music that they have created while partaking?
  20. 609523
    3rdNippleMusic : Fri 16th Nov 2012 : 5 years ago it has it's time & place... like last night : ) gone done did a really cool track and it still sounds good today lol, needs a bassline though ; )
  21. 186161
    Spivkurl : Fri 16th Nov 2012 : 5 years ago I smoke when I can, but I don't think it influences my music too much one way or the other. Probably because I've grown so used to it! My medications, now that's another story, my music is totally different under the influence of antipsychotics. And when I'm drinking (Scotch) I usually prefer listening to music as opposed to making it! Good thread!
  22. 499377
    casanovaa : Fri 16th Nov 2012 : 5 years ago Damn! alot of smokers in here, personally i don't smoke or drink never have and never will. In my opinion though, you don't have to be "under the influence" to create good music. It's just that spark of imagination and creativity that gets you going.

Casanova
  23. 682656
    Decnet : Sat 17th Nov 2012 : 5 years ago Well if it wasnt for this damn country and its laws that nearly prohibits a regural ciggarette.. well.. yes.. the times ive "tried" it made some wonders, but like some peopl ein this thread states, i wouldnt want to "rely" on it to make good productions.. Its a real good "shot in the arm" (so to speak, when it comes to brighten up and thinking in new directions, but like someoneelse stated before i must say i enjoy being myself 100% of the time..

Now of to my bottle of bestest of friends JD, white rabbit..
  24. 366784
    yeshintae : Sat 17th Nov 2012 : 5 years ago i luv weed...
    nuff said hehehehe

tha stuff helps with tha creativity!
  25. 636839
    simmerdown : Sat 17th Nov 2012 : 5 years ago 'bout time to move to seattle, or boulder
Posts 1 - 25 of 136

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Featured House Track