Too Many Downloads And Not Enough Comments

Posts 1 - 23 of 23
  1. 785410
    NDNDM21 : Thu 19th Jul 2012 : 9 years ago

I find it kind of annoying when people download one of my songs and never leave a comment or a suggestion on how I can improve my self.

And I find it way more annoying when I see some one with twenty download and barely three comments if you the people that like the music someone makes then you should leave a comment nothing long just maybe like two words and show them some support.

When I want to download a song from someone its never up for download and when I message them they say its because people never leave a comment on how well done they did, so far only one person give me the songs that I ask for and Im a fan of that person music and others too.

You can say Im ranting but so far or not me seeing on the forms no hasnt said nothing about this and this goes for the people in loop samples acapellas and tracks area and if you look at the comment on songs it seems like Im the only one commenting there So in all please so some appreciation to the people that release this stuff on here and remember leave a comment.

PS Check out my tracks some time What a bad move I did here.

2. 782612
    40A : Fri 20th Jul 2012 : 9 years ago

Solutions:

1. Stop uploading tracks to looperman.

2. Find a better alternative to looperman that specializes in peer review

3. Stop uploading quality songs, because god forbid someone acknowledges you're a good artist and downloads the hell out of them without commenting. We can't have that.

4. Realize comments are an option, and NOT a necessity.

5. Convince shan to bring back the old rating system, and
    favorite button so people have incentive to leave feedback (i miss my purple name tag!)

6. Deal with it.

3. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Fri 20th Jul 2012 : 9 years ago

Like 40A I'm not going to sympathise with you(mainly because this is the umpteenth time this topic has been raised)...no one owes you a living or a comment,review whatever..getting those things requires some form of reciprocity.

4. 672638
    supersymmetry : Fri 20th Jul 2012 : 9 years ago

Hi :)

This is MY FIRST semi Looperman Rant and My Last. Would I be human if I didn't contribute at least one rant at some level?

Okay that's cool, Vent! Express Yourself! I am all for that if it's done with respect, decency and in a civil fashion. So okay I hear you. I find it annoying when artists here receive very thought out and sometimes kind reviews and NEVER respond, NEVER even show an appreciation for the review not even a THANKS. They don't even indicate that they show gratitude in advance within some kind of introduction to their track for possible comments. In my opinion? This to me is evidence of arrogance, apathy and just down right blatant negligence of valuable attention. Seeing that it's RARE in our modern industry.

If I see this behavior from an artist they aren't getting anything from me. I will leave a review and not expect a response but if they don't that's the LAST review they get from me. I find it annoying that a few very notable artists here are just here for Themselves and no one else, I find spoiled brats VERY annoying!! Egos are as think as thieves in our modern industry and I find them very intolerable. This may seem quirky to other people but that's the way I see it.

However, all and all? You just have to deal with these elements after all this is humanity. Cheers! :)

5. 259745
    Ishimizu : Fri 20th Jul 2012 : 9 years ago

you see, while I also like to read comments, especially when its usefull comments, I am quiet happy to see people downloading stuff... couze at least I wouldn't download something I dislike... so how about counting it as something positive?

so far~

6. 751876
    Unknown User : Fri 20th Jul 2012 : 9 years ago

Im gonna have to agree with Ishimizu. as long as the counter on a track doesnt read 0 and 0 I'm quite happy.

7. 785410
    NDNDM21 : Fri 20th Jul 2012 : 9 years ago

So you guys are saying that you don't want no pat on the back for the work you put into your tracks and that you guys put semi good stuff on here, so you guys are ok with that? I know I ain't. All I want is just like a good job shit man it can even be a happy face for all I care, and the reason why I write this too is for the other people that upload there stuff and don't even get no comment and I'm the only when who has the time to only put a few words down and say it's a good songs and shit won't even wont take that long to write down. If you guys want downloads with no thanks then you can keep your downloads because I know I don't want that.

8. 323004
    J1K : Fri 20th Jul 2012 : 9 years ago

i put just about all of my work on the site, some of my best... i just make stuff that i think is "good quality" NOT available for download, thats all.

9. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Fri 20th Jul 2012 : 9 years ago

You need to do a couple of things.
    a)....moderate your language for a a start
    b)....loose the attitude,it's only going to back fire on you,there shouldn't be any drama associated with uploading material here,anybody that can read should also understand the conditions pursuant of this action...people obviously like feedback from their artistic endeavours,however that's not going to happen all by itself and demanding it will get the opposite reaction......I have no idea what sort of material you produce,at what level your at or if your even a musician,and quite frankly judging from your latest diatribe I'm not really interested.

10. 391165
    EasyToEnvy : Fri 20th Jul 2012 : 9 years ago

I see both sides of the arguement here. And im really not one either side. But honestly, the forums section is a place where you can say, "hey what can i do to improve" and whatever else. Or, you can also go find one of the "stars" of looperman and ask them directly for help if you feel a need to improve.

11. 785410

@Planetjazzbass Moderate my language all I said was one word and it seems like that the only word you seen and I'm talking to the people that download so many songs and don't say keep doing what your doing, because I see more talent on than Tv and your going to judge based on one song, don't know how anyone can be based one one song, I listen to everyone's song and then I based on there song not just on one song, and I'm defending the people who won't say anything to people that download their song, because I know that will have a negative effect on them, so you know what I'm speaking for them, so if you don't see that then I don't know like what I told most of my teachers in school. And look at how many downloads people have and look at their comments, all they could do is say cool track or something and I ain't demanding it all I'm asking is for a little bit of there time, which we gave them most of are time making the track.

12. 785410

@EasyToEnvy I know what you mean too, but all I'm saying is it that hard to so some appreciating for the person making the song and show a little gratitude to that person like what you did a little while ago and was it that hard to put a few words down?
    P.S. I appreciate that you commented on my song too.

13. 391165

No problem on the comment..and no its not hard, but at the same time, just be happy its getting downloaded. I mean yeah comments are nice, but i mean, ill take downloads anyday. Think about it this way, a download is just another way of thakning somebody. if they liked it enough to download it, then it was obviously good.

14. 772194
    DrManchu : Fri 20th Jul 2012 : 9 years ago

Let's all have a good cry about it, and then we can get back to work.

15. 782612
    40A : Fri 20th Jul 2012 : 9 years ago

People use to be extremely active with the comments a few years ago, because they were rewarded for it, and got cool perks. It was because of that system people weren't afraid to give the most critical criticism; constructive criticism.

The comment section wasn't a bunch of "hey this is neat" "cool track" "very awesome". They were actually thought out, detailed and articulated reviews of the good and the bad.

Because they got something for their time...so they gave legitimate reviews.

The other cool thing about the old review system is that you had a lot of cross-genre reviews. People from the dance genre would comment on metal, jazz would comment on rock, punk would comment on hip-hop.

Why shan did away with that system perplexes me even to this day. It got a lot of people involved with the track review process, i'd even go so far as to say this is the very reason why you're seeing absolutely no feedback.

Bring back the old reward system, give people a reason to want to contribute. "People shouldn't need a reason to contribute", you're right, but after awhile they also forget they're being rewarded for it in the first place.

16. 391165

#BringBackTheOldSystem

hahaha.

17. 785410

Yeah it's a complement, but to me downloads is like saying ok I like your song, but I want more from you and people feel like their unappreciated and all they won't from you is your music and after you giving them your all they throw them aside for someone else and that's what leads to most artist leaving music for awhile or forever.

P.S.@DrManchu I won't cry about it, but I'll keep making music even if I don't get no downloads because of this forum I posted.

18. 391165

I guess, i mean. Idk, ive gotten more feedback on this site than any of my other ones, but then again im a bad self promoter haha

19. 772194
    DrManchu : Fri 20th Jul 2012 : 9 years ago

@ND what I mean by let's All have a cry about it is, we can rant and rave about it, but we will always have more downloads than comments. Only the serious music makers will do the right thing. 80 percent of the users on here are just users. Most track downloads are done by users who don't have anything on their profile. All we can do is cry about it.

20. 785410

@40A Big fan of your music like the stuff you make. All I'm saying is that what people want is a reward for congratulating someone on their music and that's the only they will comment, what I think is that were are giving them an award and it's are music we give them, sure it my not be points for something,but were giving them something they can have and not pay for, but I thinks it's wack that someone won't comment for a free download.

21. 785410

@DrManchu yeah I know where your getting at but like the same thing I told EasyToEnvy "Yeah it's a complement, but to me downloads is like saying ok I like your song, but I want more from you and people feel like their unappreciated and all they won't from you is your music and after you giving them your all they throw them aside for someone else..."

22. 143864
    Vizronics : Fri 20th Jul 2012 : 9 years ago

Some of you guys are flat out mean. I agree with NDN it is rude to download and not comment. Some of you should learn some manners-no matter how many loops youve uploaded here it doesnt give you the right to act like you are a God. Geez. What a jerk. Now I remember why I left this site for so long.

23. 1
    Looperman : Fri 20th Jul 2012 : 9 years ago

As this has come up a million times ill lock it again.

Always the same question and same answers.

Posts 1 - 23 of 23

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.