Where The Funk Was I

Posts 1 - 10 of 10
  1. 1
    Looperman : Wed 4th Jul 2012 : 7 years ago

You may (or may not) have noticed Ive not been around for a while.

Ive been out working on another festival. This time Ive been at http://www.mostlyjazz.co.uk aka The Mostly Jazz Funk & Soul Festival with the likes of Fred Wesley, The Family Stone & George Clinton.

We also did a show with Acker Bilk & The Chris Barber Big Band to add a bit of trad jazz to the mix.

If you have sent me a message over the last week or two and not had a reply thats why.

I should be able to catch up with everything over the next couple of days as my brain comes back into line.

2. 224104
    Mosaic : Wed 4th Jul 2012 : 7 years ago

Welcome back Shan

Mosaic

3. 672638
    supersymmetry : Wed 4th Jul 2012 : 7 years ago

Hi S :)

Yes of course I did notice you haven't been around in fact I was just thinking about that tonight. Nice to see you and that's way cool regarding the festival. I haven't listened to George Clinton in a long time but yeah he's awesome, I wasn't even sure he was still active until you mentioned it.. Cheers! :)

Brian

4. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Wed 4th Jul 2012 : 7 years ago

Damn,how cool is that!..if I'd have known I would have nagged,implored,genuflected,beseeched you to beg,borrow or steal a pair of George Clinton's shades. ;)

5. 1
    Looperman : Wed 4th Jul 2012 : 7 years ago

George is very much alive and was jumping up and down with the rest of us during the final tracks stage invasion. A great bunch of people and a crazy gig. Fox tail girl and Sir Nose D’Voidoffunk added to the 20 plus members of Parliament Funkadelic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P-Funk_mythology

The weird thing was the next day as we were taking down the stage I took the sign from the back and there were a pair of shades hanging from it.

6. 630386
    JoeFunktastic : Wed 4th Jul 2012 : 7 years ago

Wow! That's amazing. I am from the era. My profile is loaded with P-Funk style music. I wish I could of been there.

Welcome Back!

7. 636839
    simmerdown : Wed 4th Jul 2012 : 7 years ago

wow! fun

8. 666289
    FreeRadical : Thu 5th Jul 2012 : 7 years ago

It's a sad day when you find out that someone hasn't been around for a while and you didn't know because you haven't been around for a while.

9. 740449
    brillbilly : Thu 5th Jul 2012 : 7 years ago

looperman came back and gave me a key today to post in forum

So i love him for that!

glad music still drives us on!

10. 444193
    StereoMathematics : Thu 5th Jul 2012 : 7 years ago

wow. george clinton and the family stone. that show musta been awesome. ill give you my neighbors' left and right arms for those shades. think about, so much can be accomplished with another set of arms.

Posts 1 - 10 of 10

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads